• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many video games do you typically play at once?

How many games do you typically play at once?

• One at a time

Votes: 56 45.5%
  • 2-3

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • 4-5

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I can’t even keep track

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
do you stay focused and play one game at a time, only moving on once you beat or decide to quit a game, or do you tend to juggle multiple games at once?

for me I try to keep it to one game per console, but I think with my older age even that’s becoming a headache

Last edited:

nikos

Too many. I'm always trying new games and have main games that I play pretty much every day (multiplayer games with/without friends) until the next best thing comes along.

Last edited:
usually one but sometimes i will go back and forth between two games. depends on the games. like, if its a game that has alot of systems and things to learn, than playing another game for a few days might make me forget some of the things from the other game. like sekiro for example. got my ass kicked after not playing for only a few days.

Last edited:

KillaJamm

I'd say 3‐4, if a game really grabs me I stick at it till I'm done but that's usually once or twice a year. I used to play up to like 10 at a time because I would continuously drop something when I got another on a sale, but I found when I returned I forgot all the mechanics, so I try my best not to try anything until I've finished a previous game.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
1-3, depends what I'm playing.

I can get really lost in something or I can bounce around between a few that don't demand much attention. I was supposed to be playing Halo Infinite the last few days and ended up in a Fallout 1 & 2 hole.

Markio128

It depends how good the game is, I suppose. This year, I’ve completed Disco Elysium, R&C and Far Cry 6 all without interruption. I’m currently playing Skyrim, with the odd dabble on GTS and FH5. I try to keep it 2-3 games at the most, but with only one single player game.

Three seems to give me the best balance I've found. If I spend too much time on one game I tend to lose a bit of interest. The variety helps me to recharge.

GametimeUK

1-3.

I can play a long story driven game like The Witcher 3.
A pick up and play indie game like Hades.
An online multiplayer game like Halo.

That's the most I can have on the go at any given time. It works for me.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Usually whatever comes into mind at any moment in (gaming) time. May be up to 15-20 games, with a solid core of about five casual favorites, and two or three the latest fresh and popular ones. Including also playing a few PC Gamepass titles to see if anything sticks. In addition comes my "VR flight, driving and space simulator hobbies" (meaning they may span years in time), which includes titles like MS Flight Simulator, Digital Combat Simulator, Project Cars 2 and Elite Dangerous.

Between family and job, this mostly comes out of my sleeping budget (and I guess "the multitasking" comes out of the sanity budget).

Last edited:

Kaachan

Usually play one main game on console or PC and then I play FF7:FS on mobile on the go or to “relax” before bed

Orpheum

usually one. occasionally i play 2 at a time but i tend to forget where i'm supposed to go in the one on hold.

VN1X

Banned
A few roguelikes, one or two multiplayer games and usually one or two traditional singleplayer games as well.

I wish I could restrain myself to one game at a time but life's too short damnit!

Last edited:

Pantz

At least 3 generally.
One multiplayer, one main story focused game and one game to play while listening to podcasts or Twitch.
Sometimes another game to get daily achievements for Microsoft rewards if my main games are away from Xbox.
Sometimes additional infrequently played side-games because I'm easily distracted and anxious to play the next thing.

Kuranghi

Used to be 1 or maaaaybe 2 strickly, but nowadays its a million because of how long some are so I get sidetracked and want a smaller experience. Or tech issues makes me stop and wait for a game to be fixed.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Way too many. Usually juggling a multiplayer game or two, a longer form single player game (JRPG, ARPG etc.), whatever new shmup I got and usually Monster Hunter in there somewhere.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Only one, I like focusing on one game until I finish it or get bored.

FeldMonster

I typically play a few different multiplayer games at a time, though usually focus primarily on one of them. Sometimes, I might just play one if I am especially engaged, as was with Destiny 1 and Halo 5.

It is extremely rare that I play single player games, so I could never just play one at a time. Hard to even fathom for me.

Javthusiast

Banned
Too many, which causes slow progress in all. Though often 1 or 2 of them are multiplayer games like Fortnite, Overwatch or Halo Infinite now.

I concentrate only on one game when it truly is something I look forward to like TLoU2, Nier games, Horizon, God of War etc.

Fbh

Between 1 and 2.
I like to focus on a single game but sometimes it's nice to have another one as a change of pace, specially if they are significantly different. LIke if I'm playing a narrative heavy RPG it's nice to switch over to an action based shooter or a metroidvania from time to time.

chixdiggit

1 Story driven single player game (currently Days Gone)
1 Single player game where story does not matter and I can easily play while watching Football, MMA, etc. Usually turn Based. (currently Warhammer 40,000 Battlesector)
2+ Multiplayer Games (currently Hunt Showdown and Halo Infinite)

SpokkX

Around 2-3, usually I have a singleplayer game going and then a couple of multiplayer games I jump in and out off for some quick matches/races etc.
Pretty much exactly this

One bigger singleplayer and usually some multiplayer games on the side
Sometimes something smaller/indie also

Quick resume really helps me out

Aion002

3 to 4.

Daily playing Smite, Genshin and Epic Seven.

+1 one that I will finish and drop it, currently is Halo Infinite.

Last edited:

jakinov

- A mobile game for when I'm taking a shit.
- 1-3 online games with friends
- casual console game (e.g. smal indie games like hades) that i can play when lazy
- big game for when I'm in the mood for something with cutscenes and worth playing on big screen.

Dark Star

a bunch, I keep like 3-6 games installed on my PS4 at all times. I don't worry about finishing/completing games, I just play what I feel like and uninstall it when I get bored/tired.

right now I'm playing COD vanguard multiplayer, dark souls remastered, GTAV, shadow of the colossus, and TLOU part 2 all at the same time

i'd say I play 1 game for a few hours before moving on the to next, daily, but I only game for like a few hours daily, so I'm not playing every game during my gaming time. I'll play some COD and TLOU, then the next day I'll play some GTA and Dark Souls, rinse and repeat, maybe just binge COD multiplayer for a week after that, maybe just focus on a single player game for a week after that week. I just do whatever I want, no point in worrying about a backlog when life is short and we're all l short on time anyways. that being said I don't buy too many games every year, maybe like 5 games max.

Last edited:

lachesis

One at a time.
Very rarely, I play 2 at a time (one console game, and one portable game) if one of them doesn't focus on storytelling... something like Tetris, or Advance War type of thing.

Top Bottom