• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many games do *really* enjoy per year?

How many games per year do you *really* enjoy?

• None

Votes: 11 5.0%

Votes: 21 9.5%

Votes: 35 15.8%

Votes: 44 19.8%

Votes: 16 7.2%

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • 6 to 8

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • 9 to 10

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • 11 to 15

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 16 to 20

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Over 20

Votes: 17 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This year alone I bought around 100 games to add to my digital collection. I typically go by my rotation to tell which I love Rocket League, Battlefield V, DBZ Fighters, OverWatch, and Halo Infinite mixed in with a SP of my choosing.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

OK, so I know it says not just this year but it's super early where I am and I'm just going to write it out.

2021: doki doki, metroid dread, mass effect le, hades, control ultimate edition, oxenfree, miles morales

2020: got, tlou2, animal crossing, hitman, resident evil 2

So probably 5-8 games depending on the year. Plus I didn't even try Returnal or demon souls; actually this has been a pretty good year of gaming for me

Y0ssarian

Banned
Last year Final Fantasy XII Zodiac, Mass Effect 2 & 3.

2018 was good for me - Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

2019 I discovered Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

3 this year. Persona 5, Dragon Age Inquisition and Halo Infinite campaign.

So I'd say 3 a year

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
I'll attempt maybe a dozen or so but most are thrown aside within a few hours and never finished or returned to.

Being an old cunt of 42 with very limited free time a game needs to click with me almost instantly, can be completed in under 10 hours and doesn't require the memory of an elephant and dexterity of an octopus when it comes to controlling the game with a joypad or keyboard.

I was playing one of the wolfenstein games the other night, it required two key presses to crouch or crawl or whatever. Uninstalled it immediately, I have absolutely no patience whatsoever for something even as trivial as that.

benno

Being an old cunt of 42 with very limited free time a game needs to click with me almost instantly
pretty much. I buy lots of highly regarded games but after the initial first play test I rarely want to play them again. My Steam Library is full of games with less than an hour as they're mostly all shite. I end up going back to older games which I've played for lots of hours on.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Quite a few, I'd say probably 10+ but that's because I mainly retro game so I have access to thousands of games I've never played. Some of them misses, some hits.

For instance, started playing Pandora's Tower via the Wii U a few weeks back. That game is fucking awesome, full stop. The combat is so much fun, the exploration, and the dating simulator of all things is really engaging. Just a total gem of a game and glad I decided to check it out.

Deep Fear on the Sega Saturn, fantastic RE clone that never released in NA.

Final Fantasy 9

Might sound crazy but if I solely relied on current gen gaming, I'd play 1-2 games a year.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Shocked by how many games I enjoyed this year, 30+ because of the PSN deals, PS Plus my point is you can go on a Resident Evil marathon, or play a Mass Effect collection and I get why gaming is considered an addiction in some circles.

Top Bottom