• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How intelligent is the average GAFer?

How intelligent is the average GAFer?

• Total voters

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I understand and appreciate this is an international forum and as such there are bound to be communication issues, but the interactions I see here often times leave me stunned. It's as if people don't read or have exceptionally poor comprehension. Maybe it's willful or a sign of the times. A new post goes up and the first 5 responses are people who didn't read the post and maybe not even the title before spamming up their half baked opinion. I can't even recall the number of times I'm ignored when trying to ask about someone else's opinions. I'm not exactly a stellar member myself truth be told, but I was just wondering what other people thought of this. I hope this post isn't in violation of forum rules which I will admit I haven't read 😂

Star-Lord

I highly doubt people are going to come forward and proclaim they’re thick as shit. Or maybe they will, if they truly are thick as shit. The only real way to get accurate, honest results is to have everyone participate in a high IQ test like this one.

nkarafo

I highly doubt people are going to come forward and proclaim they’re thick as shit. Or maybe they will, if they truly are thick as shit. The only real way to get accurate, honest results is to have everyone participate in a high IQ test like this one.

That shit is too long. 30 puzzles? I stopped at 10.

I guess my result is that i'm impatient with low attention span.

*Nightwing

gMzmaG9.png

I think you are more describing the phenomena of rushing to shitpost on page 1 of any thread… at least that hypothetically might be my excuse

dr_octagon

Banned
I'm not intelligent enough to comprehend this sentence.

FuckYouAll

one poll option could have said 'smarter than the moderators'. honeypot is attracting people to vote for that option, like bees to honey. the trap is being set because votes are made public. you capture the target through deception.

(if you were joking, the irony was lost on me and i apologise for my low IQ, danke)

Saber

Gold Member

I did but they want me to pay to show my IQ...I might be not that smart =(
At least he told me that I was 83% faster than the avarage people, so thats something.

Last edited:
Congratulations!
You completed the test faster than 77% of people. Remarkable performance in visual perception.

Why would someone post a paid for results site.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

You completed the test faster than 86% of people. Remarkable performance in abstract theory.
There was a final test underneath that.
The answer is "close page"
Hawking got nothing on me
Cracking Up Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Tranquil

If the topics thread titled interests me but the OP posts a huge wall of text, I often will still respond in that thread without ever reading the original post. It's a laziness.

Ionian

If the topics thread titled interests me but the OP posts a huge wall of text, I often will still respond in that thread without ever reading the original post. It's a laziness.
Walls of text is the bane of life.

Seems to happen more frequently now, I just skip them.

Screw reading a book, I have books already.

T8SC

I'm not paying, so I'll just take this as a consolation:

Congratulations!
You completed the test faster than 90% of people. Remarkable performance in abstract theory.

kingwingin

If you pay for results after that joke of a test you are guaranteed retarded and $22 poorer.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I'm the hottest shit you'll ever meet my friend

Anybody here still harbouring secret beliefs in the conspiracy theories that were purged from this forum is about 50 rungs below me, too, regardless of their iq results

yourself GIF

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
IQ tests shouldn't be a measure of intelligence.

I have a responsible, highly paid analytical job. I'm also educated at degree level (History and Philosophy), but does that make me intelligent?

To answer the question we would need to agree on a definition of intelligence.

A quick Google search shows me the definition as:

the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

If we can agree with this definition, then I would say we're all intellect in one way or another.

For example, my brother in-law is terrible at maths. He couldn't work out 7x7 unless he had a considerable amount of time and used his fingers. However, he's a plumber and is able to change a boiler, fit a toilet and a whole host of other plumbing tasks that I wouldn't have a clue how to complete. In that case, I would class him as very intelligent as he has acquired plumbing knowledge and can apply that knowledge to complete a range of plumbing tasks.

I also have to use knowledge and data and apply these skills in my job, so I'd say that I also match the definition. I'm sure a vast majority of people here could say the same thing.

Raven117

I'm not paying, so I'll just take this as a consolation:

Congratulations!
You completed the test faster than 90% of people. Remarkable performance in abstract theory.
Mine was
You completed the test faster than 91% of people. Remarkable performance in pattern recognition.

cr0w

Old Member
"You completed the test faster than 95% of people. Remarkable performance in pattern recognition."

ME SMART

Top Bottom