• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How important are faces to you in video games?

idrago01

Banned
kxi1dre3iuc51.jpg
Isn't craig usually smiling? or is he showing his disapproval of the male gaze that's on display in this thread

Pejo

To me, they are really important. I hate hate hate this new facial scanning tech because it takes super attractive models and makes them ugly as fuck. I miss the days when faces were just modeled and rendered by developers, because then you had a chance of the character looking attractive.

It's not even just about female characters either. I didn't play the original Nier for a few years after it came out because the main character got beaten severely by the ugly stick. Then again, I always prefer stylized art to realistic for almost all genres of games.

JeloSWE

To me, they are really important. I hate hate hate this new facial scanning tech because it takes super attractive models and makes them ugly as fuck. I miss the days when faces were just modeled and rendered by developers, because then you had a chance of the character looking attractive.

It's not even just about female characters either. I didn't play the original Nier for a few years after it came out because the main character got beaten severely by the ugly stick. Then again, I always prefer stylized art to realistic for almost all genres of games.
I has nothing to do with the 3D scanning of the faces. You still have directors and artists making the their own judgement on what to include and what to tweak. The scanned data is just a very helpful foundation.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
Genuinely. Hand on heart I thought the title said ‘feces’.
My answer was ‘not much’ if anyone was interested. .....
The other thread got me. Good one

Last edited:

Pejo

I has nothing to do with the 3D scanning of the faces. You still have directors and artists making the their own judgement on what to include and what to tweak. The scanned data is just a very helpful foundation.
Not that I don't believe you, but do you have examples of facial scanning models looking actually good? I guess some of that is subjective but then let's just say looking equal to the person being scanned? There certainly are enough examples of the opposite like DMCV, ME:A, Control, etc.

The only good ones I can think of are the Resident Evil remakes.

JeloSWE

Not that I don't believe you, but do you have examples of facial scanning models looking actually good? I guess some of that is subjective but then let's just say looking equal to the person being scanned? There certainly are enough examples of the opposite like DMCV, ME:A, Control, etc.

The only good ones I can think of are the Resident Evil remakes.
My point was that you can make a beautiful or mediocre face with or without 3D scans. The data is just a helping foundation that you can tweak whoever you like. It's VERY hard or almost impossible to achieve a semblance of photo realistic leaning art without photos or 3D scans, even if you have years of studies under your belt. Reality has so many surprising unexpected and interesting combinations that it's better to find real world models to base you characters on.

Making an ingame model looking exactly as their scanned part is possible but likely not desirable as you will want to emphasize or suppress personality traits by tweaking associated facial features. It comes down to highly skilled artists and rendering tech to get it right and not many game studios have the combination. Capcom is one such studio that has both extremely talented artists and their current engine is awesome at allowing the artistic vision to shine through. ND is also second to none, but in TLOU2 it's clear that they've gone for less super models and more every day humans, but their farcical rendering tech is the only one I like equally or more than DMC.

One major factor in getting a face to look good is the engine lighting model. Current gen games often fail at occluding light inside the mouth and nostrils, as well as how the eyelids should occlude light on the eye whites and iris. We are evolutionary wired to be extremely sensitive to faces and through them deduce a lot of information such as health and intentions. If the light is not spot on then the faces can look very bad despite an accurate 3D mesh, shaders, textures and animations. The more realism you aim for the better the facial features need to be lit/shaded.

I think with the upcoming UE5 and their global illumination model Lumen and other similar GI tech we will finally start seeing very realistic looking faces. Still it comes down to artistic skills in the end.

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned

Agree completely, although the developers still take liberties after the scan to make the females less feminine like they did with the control chick making her jaw more square

maxresdefault.jpg

I also didn't buy fallen order, since I didn't want to play as this derpy looking ginger who had a meltdown on twitter because people were modding him to look better

levyjl1988

Banned
Agree completely, although the developers still take liberties after the scan to make the females less feminine like they did with the control chick making her jaw more square

maxresdefault.jpg

I also didn't buy fallen order, since I didn't want to play as this derpy looking ginger who had a meltdown on twitter because people were modding him to look better

To be honest I didn't buy this game because of the look of the character.
If there was some form of character creation or something in the vein of KOTOR I would have bought this title.
Should have been a chick, an attractive chick, if ginger, would look like Fem Shepard like in Mass Effect 3.

idrago01

Banned
If there was some form of character creation or something in the vein of KOTOR I would have bought this title.
Should have been a chick, an attractive chick, if ginger, would look like Fem Shepard like in Mass Effect 3.
Looks like modders got your back

189-1594555710-1215928230.png
189-1594555746-1452252699.png
'

I might have to buy it for this darth vader mod
148-1592134031-1204714023.png

What is there to be confuse about bro? i play the game for it gameplay not to stare at the faces if i want to do that i watch a movie.
My post was just a joke and to show that faces can look horrible and break immersion in games. Some games get faces so horribly wrong like the Mass Effect gif i posted, that it just looks so bad and can be very distracting. Other games get decent handle on faces and animation.

Prime example of TERRIBLE faces is vanilla Skyrim

tillbot8

Banned
For me it depends on consistency, even if the details are bad as long as it's all bad. I hate games where some characters have great detail and realism and NPC's walking by them look like a PS1 mess, it's jarring! So it better be all beautiful or all crap :p

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
Holy shit, I had no idea this game was getting these mods. That Vader one looks amazing.
no one wants to play as that whiny soy faced ginger, he had a very public meltdown when people started modding his looks, which of course only encouraged the modders to take it to the next level

Last edited:

Boopster

Banned
For a not-so-realistic character model Alice was very appealing.
I never played outer worlds but I saw the female characters models in game were disgusting.
At least you could create a good looking character, but for example when the game includes a romance and every female option looks like shit, it makes me think something is wrong.

That's because of the huge budget of ND, but it has nothing to do with the character itself.
She could be beautiful and still have the same animations, they just chose to make her look bad.

Abby’s face model is a real person. They didn’t “choose” to make her ugly.

same thing with the lady from Control. It’s a real person’s face.

Ghost of Tsushima is the same. Every character in that game is modelled after their English voice actors, yet they were called ‘ugly.’

idrago01

Banned
Abby’s face model is a real person. They didn’t “choose” to make her ugly.

same thing with the lady from Control. It’s a real person’s face.

Ghost of Tsushima is the same. Every character in that game is modelled after their English voice actors, yet they were called ‘ugly.’

I mean it's not hard this is a japanese developer, notice how the video game character retains all of the real life model's feminine shape
tumblr-pmhleetq301rgr7kv-1280.jpg

Now here's aloy and her equally skinny face model, notices the widening and increased squareness of her jaw and added fat she's almost unrecognizable after they derped her up, so they either "chose to make her ugly" or they're really bad at their jobs
hannah-hoekstra-mocht-alleen-eigen-scenes-lezen-voor-charlies-angels.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
external-content-d.jpg

external-content-duckduckgo-com.jpg
horizon-zero-dawn-aloy-555x328.jpg
e2250bf9a2c8832d48a3989e2c66aad5.jpg

Boopster

Banned
I mean it's not hard this is a japanese developer, notice how the video game character retains all of the real life model's feminine shape

Now here's aloy and her equally skinny face model, notices the widening and increased squareness of her jaw and added fat she's almost unrecognizable after they derped her up, so they either "chose to make her ugly" or they're really bad at their jobs
maxresdefault.jpg
external-content-d.jpg

Aloy looks fine lmao. I'm pretty sure the change in appearance is due to the actress in question being in her 30's, and Aloy meant to be a teenager. There's always slight differences in appearance and that's due to mocap. They change the character's appearance slightly to fit the voice actor doing the performance capture.

If they wanted the character to be ugly they wouldn't have....wait for it...used an attractive person as a base.

I do think a lot of this 'muh feeeemale characters r ugly!' nonsense comes because developers have started using real people as the basis for their characters, and most people on gaf and other such forums aren't used to seeing real humans lmao

Rikoi

Aloy looks fine lmao. I'm pretty sure the change in appearance is due to the actress in question being in her 30's, and Aloy meant to be a teenager. There's always slight differences in appearance and that's due to mocap. They change the character's appearance slightly to fit the voice actor doing the performance capture.

If they wanted the character to be ugly they wouldn't have....wait for it...used an attractive person as a base.

I do think a lot of this 'muh feeeemale characters r ugly!' nonsense comes because developers have started using real people as the basis for their characters, and most people on gaf and other such forums aren't used to seeing real humans lmao
If you add another lmao maybe we will have to agree for sure that what you say is right.
Looking "fine" is not the point, if actresses become uglier with the use of mocap we might aswell avoid using this technology.
They are literally choosing to modify the scans, use irl good looking actresses so you have an excuse that you used a beautiful person, then they look shit in game and pretend differently.
The irl actress looks fine, of course, she is the real one. The in game Aloy face instead has a retarded look.
Your last line has no sense because we are actually saying the opposite, the irl one is good, the ingame version is shit.
I am sure it's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwr

bilderberg

Aloy does look uglier than her real life model. They use a model, and yet part of Aloy's appeal with people is that she isn't 'model esque' beautiful. You don't see the disconnect? She looks like Tommy Pickles.

500px-63350_105975042798328_100001574974726_45883_7056326_n.jpg

Is it enough to tolerate it even if the face is unpleasant, ugly or does not agree with you.
I guess most of you would go for the band-aid fix and put a helmet or paper bag over it, examples Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion having pretty bad character creation, best hide it with a helmet.

But some times the video game industry really has gone dirty with it and release pretty shitty defaults. You all know what I'm talking about.

Mass Effect Andromeda

CoYNSkB.jpg

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider

EUOwedU.jpg

compared to Tomb Raider (2013), this face is clearly superior in this version.

wpQB0pz.png

Marvel's Avengers clearly listened to the feedback. Going from this:

l4RDJCa.png

to this:

vcHvlaT.png

the jowls have shrunk giving her face a more feminine feel, and I'm glad they listened to feedback.

Something similar happened with Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

y43lcZ3.jpg

Hell, there was a lot of backlash with Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

08Xi0R3.jpg

How important is character video game faces to you?
Is it enough to not warrant a purchase because the character is ugly?

Hell, I know I didn't purchase Control and The Last of Us Part 2 games because these characters were ugly as fuck.

UROCi81.jpg

rIaCViR.jpg
Op..... You Do know both Abby and Jesse are mocaps of actual people right?
aZyLLDz_460swp.webp

latest

And to have the audacity to suggest that Lara's TR13 model with it's weird looking eyes and emotions looks better than Rise of the Tomb Raider, i'm sorry OP but it’s seems fapping too much to hentai has caused irreparable brain damage.

Amey

Is Aloy's cross-eyedness explained anywhere in the story... like a combat injury or birth defect or something ?

Vaelka

Faces is one of the main reasons why I don't like games that aim for realism ( one of many ).
They often have a tendency to look dead and odd, even in games that people praise like HZD I feel that way. Aloy looks extremely derpy and this is very judgemental of me but she looks a bit like a dumbass. She just has a dumb look and I think that it has a lot to do with her frumpy face and dead expressions.

Even in games that do it well like TLOU2 they still have this odd look to me, there's just very small nuances in peoples faces in real life that no matter how good your game looks you can't escape.
In games like TLOU2 it doesn't stand out as much but there are definitely times where I am all like :messenger_grimmacing_.
In more stylized games where faces look more conventionally beautiful or even doll like it just doesn't mess with my head because it sorta blends together more with it being fantasy and not real and I don't pay as much attention to it. Often times they also have more exaggerated animations that would look stupid if the faces looked more real but it works if they look more cartoony.

Generally speaking too, in fiction I just think that aiming for beauty and a more idealized view of people and the world is to aim for. That's my personal opinion and there are obviously exceptions to this.
But even in games where they pretend like they don't they still do but in an odd way.
Even in games like HZD and TLOU2 the world is an idealized depiction of a '' post apocalypse '' and the characters in TLOU2 especially look like idealized yet a bit frumpy teenagers. And it becomes boring to me because I feel like the characters don't have much of a character. Even in the writing too, Dina and Ellie are written like some fanfic version of teenage girls that comes across as very artificial yet unselfaware.

I think that you kinda just need to go all the way, you're not dealing with real people so it very easily becomes odd.
But Western games especially try and find this middle ground where they claim not to want to present idealized characters yet clearly do, and it becomes messy.
The female protagonist especially in Mass Effect Andromeda is a good example of that but I think that it applies in general too.
Why would they hire these models if they didn't want idealized and beautiful people?
But it's like a marketing decision that they can't be '' too perfect '' so they take these people and distort them and make them look derpy.

I mean the faces in FF7R still look quite dead and lack a lot of expressions most of the time, but it doesn't stand out as much to me because they have this otherwordly look to them. So it just doesn't register in my mind the same as in a game like HZD, TLOU or Mass Effect.
While in a game like HZD I just find Aloy's face to be really irritating.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Is it enough to tolerate it even if the face is unpleasant, ugly or does not agree with you.
I guess most of you would go for the band-aid fix and put a helmet or paper bag over it, examples Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion having pretty bad character creation, best hide it with a helmet.

But some times the video game industry really has gone dirty with it and release pretty shitty defaults. You all know what I'm talking about.

Mass Effect Andromeda

CoYNSkB.jpg

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider

EUOwedU.jpg

wpQB0pz.png

l4RDJCa.png

to this:

vcHvlaT.png

the jowls have shrunk giving her face a more feminine feel, and I'm glad they listened to feedback.

y43lcZ3.jpg

08Xi0R3.jpg

Hell, I know I didn't purchase Control and The Last of Us Part 2 games because these characters were ugly as fuck.

UROCi81.jpg

rIaCViR.jpg
LOL @ Abby and Dante

Faces are pretty important. I think MJ in Spiderman should have been hotter. Uncharted does a pretty damn good job with this.

Vaelka

Me neither.
I mean I am just kinda tired of Star Wars in general too, but holy shit he looks stupid.
He also sounds stupid on top of that too, I watched some flashback stuff and when he's a kid he sounds like an adult voicing a kid but poorly, there's a time where he yells and it sounds awful.

His spaghetti arms are just wtf too and he has this really weird stance that looks like he's in a T-pose, his animations are just really odd...
The look of the character just in general was a massive turnoff.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

It's obviously not a deal breaker for me, instead it is a nice extra, like for example i find the Resident Evil character design to be amazing, they do good job in making their faces look pretty, Leon and Ada looked gorgeous in the Remake 2, and ofcourse Jill (looked good since 2002).
Some characters are well designed but they look ugly on purpose, probably some criminal or bad guy, by making them look ugly some devs will make the player dislike them even more.
As i said its a nice extra, i mean who gets bothered by a beautiful face? I love to see pretty faces. But if the developer has some sort of vision or valid reasons for making bad looking character models then i can understand their perspective.

Attractive faces sell games.
Ugly faces (as in poorly modeled faces) create memes and disappointment.

I don’t think attractive faces sell games. If that was the case, Japanese games like Nioh, Bayonetta, Yakuza and Dead or Alive would dominate then. I honestly don't think most casuals care about how attractive a character is.

Faces are important to me, but not a deal breaker. I like looking at and playing as attractive people in games, but I don’t really mind average or even homely looking characters. Then again I have unusual or unique taste.

maxresdefault.jpg
external-content-d.jpg

Omfg they slaughtered her beauty

idrago01

Banned
Op..... You Do know both Abby and Jesse are mocaps of actual people right

And to have the audacity to suggest that Lara's TR13 model with it's weird looking eyes and emotions looks better than Rise of the Tomb Raider, i'm sorry OP but it’s seems fapping too much to hentai has caused irreparable brain damage.

Here is the real life actress from Control compared to her video game model, notice the same thing the squaring of the jaw, the elimination of any feminine curvature, plus her in game body model is about 20 lbs heavier than her actual self with barely any feminine curves

external-content-duckduckgo-com.png
MV5-BZm-I2-ZDkz-M2-Qt-YTcx-Mi00-Zm-Yx-LWIy-Nj-Mt-ODcw-Yz-A0-ZWFi-MTAz-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Mz-Ew-Nzc0-Mg-V1-UY317-CR112-0-2.jpg

control-remedy-jesse-faden.jpg
UROCi81.jpg

I can do this all day, even Ghosts of tsushima has purposefully fugly women, I've drawn hundred's of male and female faces I find it impossible to believe these professional artists can't make a decent female face and than you couple it with tweets like the one below, tweets by manveer (the first one on the left is especially interesting), and cuckman admitting multilple times how he's inspired by anita sarkesian and you start to see what's going on. Imagine being an artist working your @ss off to make the best work possible and than someone above you tells you no this women is too pretty and feminine make her more like a man we don't want to attract the male gaze and she has to be a "badass women" and than your work becomes immortalized on the internet with people laughing at it and calling your characters derpy, I would rip my hair out in frustration.

The most cringeworthy aspect of all this shit is the ridiculous narrative that game developers are all held to ransom by the oppressive choke hold of the “SJW agenda”.
Truth: We actually WANT to make good games, inclusive games, games that disregard your toxic gamerbro bullshit.
— Boon Cotter (@booncotter) June 16, 2018
J4QVn9m.png

Last edited:
Here's control real life actress compared to her video game model, notice the same thing the squaring of the jaw, the elimination of any feminine curvature, her in game body model is like 20 lbs heavier than her actual self
What is makeup and Photoshop? what is imperfect face modeling technology? also square jaws isn't a particularly male characteristic either.
315656_v9_bb.jpg

As for GOT you do realize woman in those times weren't exactly super models who have sufficient nutrition/sleep etc, and considering they're also mocaped from actual people and SP desire for a more grounded experience, your whole conspiracy theory is moot.

You know i thought by this point people would accept that not every game needs characters that are just there as fap-bait and that's ok, you still got games that still do that but their target audience was never mass appeal which is also ok.

idrago01

Banned
What is makeup and Photoshop? what is imperfect face modeling technology? also square jaws isn't a particularly male characteristic either.

As for GOT you do realize woman in those times weren't exactly super models who have sufficient nutrition/sleep etc, and considering they're also mocaped from actual people and SP desire for a more grounded experience, your whole conspiracy theory is moot.

You know i thought by this point people would accept that not every game needs characters that are just there as fap-bait and that's ok, you still got games that still do that but their target audience was never mass appeal which is also ok.
It's not about "fap bait" it's about making characters appealing and not distractedly ugly, why do movies always star beautiful people? why is sex appeal used in marketing? males and females both want to see attractive people.

Last edited:
It's not about "fap bait" it's about making characters appealing and not distractedly ugly, why do movies always star beautiful people? why is sex appeal used in marketing? males and females both want to see attractive people.
Whew lad, have a nice day!
DP5JEJE.png

Rikoi

Whew lad, have a nice day!
DP5JEJE.png
lol that image is clearly talking about TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima (which I am not sure why you linked it in this thread but whatever).
TLOU2 fans surely didn't like the user score of GoT, and actually I never sympathized with the people that bought TLOU2 and then went to the forums crying about wasting 60$.
I mean, the leaks were there since the beginning, they just chose to don't believe them.

Last edited:
lol that image is clearly talking about TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima (which I am not sure why you linked it in this thread but whatever).
TLOU2 fans surely didn't like the user score of GoT, and actually I never sympathized with the people that bought TLOU2 and then went to the forums crying about wasting 60$.
I mean, the leaks were there since the beginning, they just chose to don't believe them.
I put it in a spoiler because it perfectly illustrates the ridiculousness of this whole "culture war" and this whole "where's my kawai waifus! You damn SJWs/Sexist devs mind your male gaze you pigs i was just virtually raped!".

I just want to play video games and discuss them without this whole BS (I've had my fill of it back in 2014-15).

As for the user scores, i don't care about them or the "critics" both games were a lot of fun and both had big problems as well as small ones, but hey what game doesn't have flaws.

rbEFO9Z.jpg

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
Incredibly important to me. That's one of the reasons why I love Street Fighter V, and the Final Fantasy series so much. Great faces (except for Ken, but he's always been ugly). I played the first Tomb Raider in 2013 and loved it but had no interest in the sequels because of the BS.

ahmyleg

Banned
There's a difference between just objectively bad character models and conventionally ugly vs. conventionally attractive character models. Mass Effect and Infinite they don't even look human, attractiveness has nothing to do with it. The others...yeah I like looking at conventionally beautiful people too. Who doesn't? But throwing a little hissy-fit when all the characters in your game aren't perfect 10s? Grow the fuck up.

EDMIX

Mass Effect Andromeda

CoYNSkB.jpg

EUOwedU.jpg

wpQB0pz.png

l4RDJCa.png

to this:

vcHvlaT.png

y43lcZ3.jpg

08Xi0R3.jpg

UROCi81.jpg

rIaCViR.jpg

yea I don't care.

What you think is superior or not isn't objective.

It would be like walking into a crowd and trying to debate what you think is or isn't "superior" or something. All of that is based on personal taste, which is.....subjective so lol

So I think its a bit odd to buy or not buy a game based on if you think a character is ugly or not as it just doesn't make much sense. I didn't buy God Of War cause I'm horny over Kratos or something and I didn't buy The Last Of Us to beat off to a fake character. It literally makes no fucking sense......

No wonder people laugh at the gaming community, theses are not logical or rational reasons to buy a video game or not man.

Last edited:
Facial animation, details, textures and top-notch motion capture for expressions etc is extremely important to me. Still, very few games have an acceptable level of quality in this area I think.

That faces "look pretty"? Don't really care 🤷‍♂️

EDMIX

it's about making characters appealing

?? Ok listen to what you are saying though. That isn't something that is objective, what is "appealing" to you, might not be for others.

why do movies always star beautiful people?

Always? Nah bud. Forest Whitaker is not being put in a film for sex appeal. Not every damn thing exist to be fapped to bud lol

Keep in mind, many films will even have actors makeup done to FIT THE DAMN ROLE!

maxresdefault.jpg

So understand.....this role was done this way to fit a narrative.

charlize_theron_monster_movie_transformations.jpg

but hey, let me guess....if this was a video game you just can't buy it cause they made the character "ugly" completely disregarding the point of the actual game, film, show etc? smh

Silly man. Its just silly.

why is sex appeal used in marketing?

Oh you are correct, its used in marketing, but in things that actually make sense. Make up, clothes, other advertisements, but understand a film like Monster which is a biopicture or a game like The Last Of Us or many games for that matter are not fucking Revlon ads...

If someone is making a film or video game or show etc. They are setting how that character looks to either match realism or fit a theme or narrative etc. They are not all looking to make the game look like some weird make up ad lol Thats just not the goal of all artist man, myself included. I don't create based on something like this as if I want a character to look good, thats simply a choice, but NOT ALL THE CHARACTERS as clearly that isn't sooooooo common that everyone is going to look "attractive". Only way that would even make sense is if the whole world was in some cyber reality were most humans were in robots to suggest a manufactured, samey copy and paste look, but to just do that in a game JUST BECAUSE you get hot from it makes no sense.

I'd have to sit back and question why the fuck everyone in this game look like they are all in a American Eagle ad lol

Its like trying to pretend that 90210 REALLY represents high schools kids in the 90s or something smh Yea...they all looked like models? In what high school and reality was that happening in? lol

It just sounds massively fake, copy and paste and I'd argue makes me less engaged.

Last edited:

GymWolf

They are relatively important in games with a lot of cutscenes.

And digital acting is as important as faces, tsushima has nice faces but mediocre digital acting and the result is hilarious.

I really like the faces in Yakuza games. To me they have the right balance of realism and expressiveness.

Those 3 pics of Lara next to each other in the OP are pretty meme-able. If that sequence continues, she'll transform into Justin Trudeau in 2 more pics.

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
?? Ok listen to what you are saying though. That isn't something that is objective, what is "appealing" to you, might not be for others.

Always? Nah bud. Forest Whitaker is not being put in a film for sex appeal. Not every damn thing exist to be fapped to bud lol

Keep in mind, many films will even have actors makeup done to FIT THE DAMN ROLE!

So understand.....this role was done this way to fit a narrative.

but hey, let me guess....if this was a video game you just can't buy it cause they made the character "ugly" completely disregarding the point of the actual game, film, show etc? smh

Silly man. Its just silly.

Oh you are correct, its used in marketing, but in things that actually make sense. Make up, clothes, other advertisements, but understand a film like Monster which is a biopicture or a game like The Last Of Us or many games for that matter are not fucking Revlon ads...

If someone is making a film or video game or show etc. They are setting how that character looks to either match realism or fit a theme or narrative etc. They are not all looking to make the game look like some weird make up ad lol Thats just not the goal of all artist man, myself included. I don't create based on something like this as if I want a character to look good, thats simply a choice, but NOT ALL THE CHARACTERS as clearly that isn't sooooooo common that everyone is going to look "attractive". Only way that would even make sense is if the whole world was in some cyber reality were most humans were in robots to suggest a manufactured, samey copy and paste look, but to just do that in a game JUST BECAUSE you get hot from it makes no sense.

I'd have to sit back and question why the fuck everyone in this game look like they are all in a American Eagle ad lol

Its like trying to pretend that 90210 REALLY represents high schools kids in the 90s or something smh Yea...they all looked like models? In what high school and reality was that happening in? lol

It just sounds massively fake, copy and paste and I'd argue makes me less engaged.

Lol, no one said anything about fapping or having perfect 10's in games, as someone who is at least a competent artist and a big fan of comics, I see what they are doing, they are intentionally making the females look less feminine and they are giving them more masculine traits. If they just scanned the actresses to look like their real life counterparts we wouldn't even have this discussion. I saw this feminism/sjw takeover in comics and it's happening in video games, history repeats itself, you can remain willfully ignorant but I think it's pretty obvious to the ones paying attention what they are doing.

Comics went from this to this and now the industry is in shambles, same thing is happening to video games, this is what happens when you take a predominantly male loved hobby and inject feminisim and sjw's into it. Have a nice day :)
enhanced-12387-1453394693-8.jpg
9ef0243f6f49ad44f2ff6b7ea6c64ad6.jpg

external-content-duckduckgo-com-2.jpg
newwarriors2020newkids-snowflake-and-safespace.jpg
New-Warriors2020newkids-Trailblazer.png

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
As much as I love Alan Wake, if it wasn't for their creepy facial animations It wouldn't be 10% scaring lmao

Top Bottom