• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about what's happening in Afghanistan?

How do you feel about what's happening in Afghanistan?

• It's gonna be great, a moderate Taliban will let women contribute and end the Civil War in optimism.

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • The Taliban will make concessions, Afghanistan is going to be stable for the first time in 20 years.

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • I can't even imagine what's gonna happen.

Votes: 39 18.8%
  • The Taliban are fooling us, they're gonna slink around with AKs while their country flounders.

Votes: 37 17.9%
  • Worst nightmare time, thousands will die and women will live a life of terror and oppression.

Votes: 108 52.2%
  • I've an alternate take.

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
lmao, Biden coming out for damage control and just steps in another pile of shit.
biden-fails.gif

Oh I dunno, how long do you have? Almost 3,000 Americans died in Puerto Rico under his watch for one...

I do think there's a strong contrast here, however, where multiple people (myself included) are willing to criticize the president for what's happening in Afghanistan right now, while certain other folks were completely unwilling to criticize their dear leader previously and even seem to be salivating over the debacle that's happening, even now that signficant blood has been shed.

I think this could have been handled much better, but the attempts at dunking for political points right now while people are dying are gross.

Is that the one where the food trucks from the government were dumped?

Not saying he couldnt have done more, but just saying there were a lot of people to blame for that one.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Is that the one where the food trucks from the government were dumped?

Not saying he couldnt have done more, but just saying there were a lot of people to blame for that one.
oh! If only the same could be said for the current topic….

That thing is a mess. I dont understand why Afghanistan troops werent trained for this.

I dont understand why US citizens werent priority.

I dont understand why people werent evacuated before the military were.

This whole situation makes no sense.

Look, you are seeing what is going on right? The guy shouldn’t be allowed to operate heavy machinery. He’s running the fucking country. This isn’t about politics. I didn’t agree with Obama a whole lot. That is politics. This is different. This man can’t be in charge of anything important. It would be sad if it wasn’t such a serious thing.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Let's compare a natural disaster to a disaster created by politicians. That makes sense.
It was almost like both were seen in advance and contingencies should have been put in place and weren’t due to complacency or incompetence or both and Americans died as a result….

JORMBO

Darkness no more
It was almost like both were seen in advance and contingencies should have been put in place and weren’t due to complacency or incompetence or both and Americans died as a result….
It's a bit far fetched to expect Trump to redo all of Puerto Ricos infrastructure within the first few months of him taking office. But that's a bit off topic. Meanwhile Biden has gotten tons killed already, created a terrorist safe haven, weakened America on the world stage and lost the trust in our allies.

Fuck me, America. Maybe you’ll get a decent leader again one day 😳
Our political class has gotten away with basically zero accountability for as long as I’ve been alive. To the point where a major party cleared the deck for a guy who looks like he belongs in a retirement community, and we fucking elected him to be President. I get that people didn’t like the other guy either. But the LEAST they could’ve done was find someone who wasn’t like this. This is actually frightening to see as an American.

That thing is a mess. I dont understand why Afghanistan troops werent trained for this.

I dont understand why US citizens werent priority.

I dont understand why people werent evacuated before the military were.

This whole situation makes no sense.
The Afghan troops were trained for this. They just took all the training and equipment and then joined the taliban instead of fighting them.

US citizens weren't a priority because the biden administration hoped to pin the blame on Trump.

People weren't evacuated before the military because the biden administration hoped to pin the blame on Trump.

The whole situation makes sense when viewed like this: The Biden administration was hoping to pin the blame on Trump and it backfired.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
It's a bit far fetched to expect Trump to redo all of Puerto Ricos infrastructure within the first few months of him taking office. But that's a bit off topic. Meanwhile Biden has gotten tons killed already, created a terrorist safe haven, weakened America on the world stage and lost the trust in our allies.
I don’t know what the rules are in this thread about politics anymore but it’s amazing how one guy can be completely exonerated for one scenario and the other can be completely nailed to the other. I’m willing to dole out criticism wherever it’s due, and there’s plenty due for this administration here, but the hypocrisy from others who carried water for the last one mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom