• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about each companies upcoming exclusives?

Chukhopops

I’m more attracted to the Xbox lineup but just because I prefer WRPGs to JRPGs (especially SE ones lol) and I’m not a big Marvel stuff fan.

But now that I have both consoles (took me a while) I’m looking forward to games on both sides, especially Horizon and Horizon.

NahaNago

Xbox has an impressive list but I'm just not really interested in their exclusives for the most part. Indian Jones sounds interesting but who knows how long that will be before it comes out. Sony has a couple of games I do want to buy and Nintendo has several games that are a must have for me.

I could have sworn scorn came out already. Kept hearing about that game on easy allies over and over and over again.
I’m more attracted to the Xbox lineup but just because I prefer WRPGs to JRPGs (especially SE ones lol) and I’m not a big Marvel stuff fan.

But now that I have both consoles (took me a while) I’m looking forward to games on both sides, especially Horizon and Horizon.
I'm the complete opposite like I prefer JRPGs to WRPGs so the xbox lineup does nothing for me. I can see why folks would like the xbox lineup but it is just not for me.

JLB

Banned
I dont like superheroes, I despise Marvel, and I think that Star Wars is a mediocre series. So definitely not liking Sony's lineup. Of course its a me thing, most people absolutely adore all of them, and probably for good reasons. Heck, I cant even stand Spiderman. Just gimme A Duderino for me.

Nothing but Starfield sounds fun on Xbox. Sony’s lineup is Ace. Xbox has games announced that wont come out for at least 2-4 yrs. My JRPG fix can only be satisfied on Playstation unfortunately

Aion002

On Xbox side I want Fable and FH5.

On Playstation I want GW Ragnarok and FFXVI.

GIF by Academy of Country Music Awards

Also, Age 4 is not announced to Xbox.

MDSLKTR

This year's Q4 is all about xbox, next year's Q1 is all about PS. Past that the sprint begins for Starfield...

None of those games are Xbox exclusive. I can play them on my PC. Now if you mean console exclusives.. then youre missing alot on PS5, hell even the Switch.

FF XVI
Pragmata
Last of Us Factions
Kena: Bridge of Spirts
Little Devil Inside
Stray
Tchia
Bloodhunt
Solar Ash
Sifu
Project Awakening

reksveks

None of those games are Xbox exclusive. I can play them on my PC. Now if you mean console exclusives.. then youre missing alot on PS5, hell even the Switch.

FF XVI
Pragmata
Last of Us Factions
Little Devil Inside
Stray
Tchia
Bloodhunt
Solar Ash
Sifu
Project Awakening
I am very confused cause there are alot of these games also on pc?

I am very confused cause there are alot of these games also on pc?
All the games they listed as Xbox exclusive are on PC. I dont have an active Xbox, and I can play all those games. They arent exclusive. But then proceeds to to have only Playstation exclusive games on Playstation. When theres a ton of console exclusives on PS too.

Games like Pragmata, FF XVI, TLoU Factions, Project Awakening… and two of my favorites this year Little Devil Inside & Kena.

reksveks

All the games they listed as Xbox exclusive are on PC. I dont have an active Xbox, and I can play all those games. They arent exclusive. But then proceeds to to have only Playstation exclusive games on Playstation. When theres a ton of console exclusives on PS too.

Games like Pragmata, FF XVI, TLoU Factions, Project Awakening… and two of my favorites this year Little Devil Inside & Kena.
Think my point as a person without a ps5 is that i can play little devil inside and Kena on pc so are they exclusive?

Also is Pragmata exclusive? I can see its coming out on xbox as well with no mention of timed exclusive but could have missed it.

Unless that initial list was the one that you are excited by.

Last edited:
Think my point as a person without a ps5 is that i can play little devil inside and Kena on pc so are they exclusive?

Also is Pragmata exclusive? I can see its coming out on xbox as well with no mention of timed exclusive but could have missed it.

Unless that initial list was the one that you are excited by.
i dont understand how you dont understand my point. Nothing in that Xbox list is exclusive to the box. I dont know anything about pragmata to be honest. Capcom hasnt even delivered Deep Down. I can see ….
FF XVI
Little Devil Inside
Stray
Tchia
Bloodhunt
Solar Ash
Sifu
Project Awakening
… all eventually coming to Xbox. As I can with Scorn, The Gunk, and Indiana Jones. Point is it makes zero sense for me to get an Xbox for exclusives when I own a PC.

reksveks

i dont understand how you dont understand my point. Nothing in that Xbox list is exclusive to the box. I dont know anything about pragmata to be honest. Capcom hasnt even delivered Deep Down. I can see ….
FF XVI
Little Devil Inside
Stray
Tchia
Bloodhunt
Solar Ash
Sifu
Project Awakening
… all eventually coming to Xbox. As I can with Scorn, The Gunk, and Indiana Jones. Point is it makes zero sense for me to get an Xbox for exclusives when I own a PC.

I get that there is no point to get an Xbox if you have a PC, I am in a similar position but I have a series s for my indies. I don't want to have the conversation about how the console is now an optional hardware sku to access the xbox service cause its a bit tiring.

I was just initially confused by the list.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I'll play all of microsoft's games on PC.

I'll play Project eve and Deathloop on PC.

I'll prolly pick up a ps5 for HZD 2, and play Spiderman 1/Miles before Spiderman 2 comes out. Wolverine I am hyped for if it is MA.

GOW is a big MEH. That franchise really doesn't interest me. Just not a fan of Kratos.

Marty-McFly

Banned
I mean, some of the Nintendo games coming out are sequels or games in franchises that are considered the best of all time.

Not to mention, they hold their cards close to their chest and only announce their biggest releases in advance, the rest we find out about months before, even Dread was only a 3 month layover.

So Nintendo, objectively. I'd take Prime 4, Bayo 3 and BOTW 2 over all the other games combined.

Sony's lineup doesn't interest me at all. It looks like they're trying to be the Micheal Bay of gaming.

MS is looking to be a bit more interesting but my love for Bethesda is not overpowering (besides Doom).

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I can't get too excited about the Xbox exclusives until i see more from them

PS has the better offerings IMO especially since they have the better pedigree

Splatoon 3 alone trumps every other game in the op.

And if you gonna list remakes, put Advance Wars in the list too.

Last edited:
The breadth of genres Xbox are covering wipes the floor with Sony and Nintendo.

How the tables have turned.
THIS.

Sony doesn't have Diversity that MS offers now. Feel like that all Sony studios following ND cinematic 3rd person template only difference is that some are linear and some open world. Good games nonetheless, i will play all since i own all consoles

Anyway, i would like to share projects so far released and will be released by Sony and MS studios.

E-36JXNWEAAnQCD

Last edited:
I have seen nothing from Sony, MS or Nintendo that makes me excited. Not a single thing. I see almost 50 games on your list, and nothing on it looks next gen or shows next gen gameplay or shows anything that blows me away.

I do see a lot of promise. MS has at least half a dozen games im interested in. Fable, Avowed, PD, Starfield could all be amazing but we have seen pretty much nothing. We dont know what tehy will play like or even look like. Aside from Starfield, i probably wont get to play these games until 2024.

Sony has so much cross gen stuff that i am not really sure what to make of it. I loved Horizon, GT7 and GOW back in the day but the sequels look too samey. Cant get excited. Spiderman 2 is two years away. Wolverine 3. The rest are all third party stuff i just dont care for. Its not why i buy PS consoles. Its not why im a sony fan. there is nothing for me for the next two years until spiderman 2 comes out.

Nintendo hasnt even shown metroid prime. dread looks fine, but cant get excited over 2d sidescrollers in 2021. botw looks ok i guess. And well, thats pretty much it.

Third parties are somehow in an even worse state. Bioware cant make games to save their lives. Activision and Ubisoft cant do anything right. This is by far the worst Ive felt about gaming since I started posting in forums back in 2000. the future looks bleak as fuck. this is not the industry i fell in love with at the dawn of the PS2, gamecube and xbox era when MGS2 looked a gen ahead of anything on the PS2. When Halo looked to have revolutionzed console shooters. When even Nintendo was making games that looked so goddamn amazing they outdid both Sony and MS's best offerings.

Now it's a race to the bottom. Who can make the most last gen looking game and I dont just mean in terms of graphics. I see nothing from these so called top tier first party devs that even hints at any kind of innovation.

How are you always so miserable?

Amiga

MS leapfrog Nintendo after the Bethsaida purchase. Sony still solid. I could buy a PC and play everything but can't afford a worthy rig. waiting for a hand me down 3090.

yurinka

yeah. I was started to start including that into this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVTQrYYvS81e7yS7_8m45rSOjpzVmthkDige7FuYhZY/edit?usp=sharing but got tired and stopped caring however if anyone wants to add to it.

x0GAM7C.png

Sony should have 6(3 first party, 3 third party) games out next year, Microsoft has 5(3 first party, 2 third-party) as far as I can tell.

Edit added warhammer and stalker date.
Here you have some missing games in the Sony side:
-Death Stranding: Director's Cut (September 2021)
-Jett (October 2021)
-Solar Ash (October 2021)
-Nour (2021)
-Relayer (2021)
-Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach (2021, but very likely will be delayed, the main dev stepped away)
-Uncharted Thieves Legacy Collection (early 2022)
-Goodbye Volc-anus High (2022)
-Babylon’s Fall (TBA, but had a beta this summer so very likely 2022)
-Star Wars KOTOR remake (TBA)
-TLOU2 MP standalone game (TBA)
-Season (TBA)
-Final Fantasy VII Remake Episode 2 (TBA)
-Granblue Fantasy Relink (TBA)
-Project Awakening (TBA)
-Bend'snew IP (TBA)

Ghost of Caelid Ghost of Caelid It would be nice to update the OP to add all the missing exclusives I added and the ones included in the quoted list.

Last edited:
I feel like Microsoft has the most diverse genre of games coming out compared to Nintendo and Sony. Sony on the other hand is falling into the trap of licensing too many timed exclusives and IP from other brands instead of continuing to expand on original IP that made them so successful in the first place.

Yoboman

Satisfied but not blown away. It’s hard to look at release dates without laughing nowadays though.
Its always been this way though. Can't think of many or the biggest games that weren't revealed 2 or 3 years out at least

Sony at least seems to be trying to cut that down to an extent but even then they can't help name dropping Wolverine which is surely 2024 at least

Yoboman

I feel like Microsoft has the most diverse genre of games coming out compared to Nintendo and Sony. Sony on the other hand is falling into the trap of licensing too many timed exclusives and IP from other brands instead of continuing to expand on original IP that made them so successful in the first place.
Only Insomniac are working on licensed IPs?

DeepSpace5D

Here you have some missing games in the Sony side:
-Death Stranding: Director's Cut (September 2021)
-Jett (October 2021)
-Solar Ash (October 2021)
-Nour (2021)
-Relayer (2021)
-Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach (2021, but very likely will be delayed, the main dev stepped away)
-Uncharted Thieves Legacy Collection (early 2022)
-Goodbye Volc-anus High (2022)
-Babylon’s Fall (TBA, but had a beta this summer so very likely 2022)
-Star Wars KOTOR remake (TBA)
-TLOU2 MP standalone game (TBA)
-Season (TBA)
-Final Fantasy VII Remake Episode 2 (TBA)
-Granblue Fantasy Relink (TBA)
-Project Awakening (TBA)
-Bend'snew IP (TBA)
I’d be curious to know what the criteria is for an exclusive. Xbox list included an exclusive indie game like The Gunk but doesn’t mention any of the most popular exclusive indies for Playstation like Little Devil Inside, Stray, Solar Ash, FNAF: Security Breach.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is a 3-month timed exclusive if Im not mistaken, revealed by the Apple vs Epic stuff. Deathloop is a timed exclusive as well for PS5. So if timed exclusives are included I don’t see why any of the games you or I mentioned shouldn’t be.

yurinka

I’d be curious to know what the criteria is for an exclusive. Xbox list included an exclusive indie game like The Gunk but doesn’t mention any of the most popular exclusive indies for Playstation like Little Devil Inside, Stray, Solar Ash, FNAF: Security Breach.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is a 3-month timed exclusive if Im not mistaken, revealed by the Apple vs Epic stuff. Deathloop is a timed exclusive as well for PS5. So if timed exclusives are included I don’t see why any of the games you or I mentioned shouldn’t be.
Exclusive = only available in a single console brand at least for some time

There are many different types of exclusives:
-Full exclusive: releases in a single console brand and never gets ported anywhere else
-Timed exclusive: released in a single console brand, after some time can be ported to other platforms
-Console exclusive: releases in a single console brand and PC, doesn't get ported to other consoles at least during some time
-Full console exclusive: released on a console brand and PC, never gets ported to other consoles
-Timed console exclusive: released in a single console brand and PC, after some time can be ported to other consoles

Last edited:

AmuroChan

Nintendo to me has the most compelling lineup because you literally cannot play their games anywhere else. Sony and MS would fall 2nd and 3rd on my list.

DeepSpace5D

Exclusive = not releasing in other consoles, at least for some time
Right, I was asking what the criteria is in this thread. Because if it’s the normal interpretation of not being on the other’s console, I don’t see why all those Playstation games were omitted.

yurinka

Right, I was asking what the criteria is in this thread. Because if it’s the normal interpretation of not being on the other’s console, I don’t see why all those Playstation games were omitted.
Maybe because didn't make enough effort to investigate a bit all the announced PS exclusives. I may be missing some of them too.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
How are you always so miserable?
how can you not be after the E3 showings we have had? What next gen game are you looking forward to?

You and I spent what 3 years in the next gen spec threads over at era? How many different possibilities did we discuss when it came to the CPU and SSD enhancements? Did you see a single game that took advantage of the CPU and the SSD at the Sony, MS and third party conferences? Spiderman 2 is over 24 months away. What Sony first party games are going to take advantage of the PS5 I/O in the meantime?

In retrospect, it was a gigantic waste of time that thread. And the first three years of this gen are going to be an even bigger waste of time. Same games we have been playing since 2005. How can you not be miserable?

Hunnybun

I think the PS exclusives will be significantly better than Xbox's probably until 2024.

After that it's going to be pretty even, really, perhaps to the point where it just comes down to what sort of games you prefer.

Xbox will have the slight edge on quantity, PlayStation on quality. Xbox the edge on shooters and Western RGPs, PlayStation on cinematic action games.

As to what specific exclusives I'm looking forward to:

PlayStation:

Deathloop
Horizon 2
GT7
God of War
Spider-Man 2
Wolverine

Xbox:

FH5
Fable
Perfect Dark
Hellblade 2
Indiana Jones

I'm also REALLY looking forward to the next Doom game on Xbox, but that hasn't been announced so...

I ignored Nintendo cos I just don't care about them these days.

odhiex

List wars in 2021?!!...

Yup, I don't like the list wars. They speak less value for me. Quality of the games is more important rather than showing whose d**k is longer. We should be able to put our opinion upon the games once they are released.

On the plus side, seems like all the three platforms have decent amount of exclusives that we should anticipate in the next 1-2 years.

yurinka

Spiderman 2 is over 24 months away. What Sony first party games are going to take advantage of the PS5 I/O in the meantime?
Magic doesn't exist, you'll need to be patient because to develop tech and make games needs time. Some points:
  1. AAA games published in recent years or planned to be released next year take on average 4-6 years to be developed.
  2. Devs didn't have the final next gen console specs and first devkits until 2019, so couldn't start making the engines to take full advantage of their specs and the new tech, and design the games around that until them. And this is for the ones who aren't waiting for Unreal 5, that won't be ready until later this year.
  3. We know that there ae AAA unannounced games from Guerrilla, SSM, Firewalk, Firesprite, London Studio, Arrowhead (if published by Sony) and maybe the Uncharted spinoff that was being made by ND with Bend's help that started in 2018, 2019 or before. Which means many of them could be ready from at least 2022 to 2024 plus who knows if some extra 2nd party game, some other team that may be there but we don't know it exists (maybe a 2nd Sucker Punch or Bluepoint team?) or some other team they may acquire. So if some of these guys or Sony combined managed to make a great engine and had the specs and an early devkit or started to make the games targeting next gen based on guesses before getting the real stuff, at least a few of them could be on time to release late 2022 or H1 2023 pushing real next gen stuff.
  4. Spider-Man 2 has a 2023 date, which could be January 2023 (15 months from now).
It's going to be hard to see games taking full advantage of next gen hardware before 2023 or 2024. Until then we'll see crossgen games or next gen only games that are basically a previous gen game with a few extra shiny stuff but htat doesn't take full advantage of the hardware.

Which isn't nothing new, all generations we had to wait until 2nd gen or 3rd gen games to take full advantage of the hardware. This time with longer dev times and with the pandemic we'll have to wait more.

I think the PS exclusives will be significantly better than Xbox's probably until 2024.
Sony is growing a lot their internal studios to release games faster and have more games developed at the same time inside their studios. They are also acquiring. They are also betting had on 2nd party and 3rd party.

So I think that by 2024 they already will have secured to continue release more and better games than MS during the 2nd half of the generation and the start of the next one.

On top of that we'll have to see how MS will modify these games released 2024 and later to monetize them considering their Gamepass strategy. Probably the biggest ones will be chopped and go GaaS and we'll have to see how microtransactions and to have their content spread over years instead of having all available day one affects them. We know the first one will be Halo and the next one Forza Motorsport. We saw some of them making previous attempts with Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online and remember how they did start.

Obviously not all will go GaaS and I think people like Double Fine, Hellblade II or Indiana Jones will be (I assume) outside that. But I smell they may have some potential big issues related with that which could affect several of these games like Halo, Forza Motosport, Elder Scrolls VI, Gears, FH, Fallout 5 or the next Doom to name a few with potential (or already confirmed) to go GaaS.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

After Playstation showcase we have an idea of what each company has coming announced for the next coming years. How do you feel about each companies upcoming line up?

Xbox has:

• Scorn
  • Fable
  • Avowed
  • Halo Infinite
  • Forza Motorsport
  • State of Decay 3
  • Everwild
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Project Mara
  • Age of Empires IV
  • Hellblade 2
  • The Gunk
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • Crossfire X
  • Starfield
  • Redfall
  • Forza 5
  • Contraband
  • The outer worlds 2
  • Indiana Jones???
  • ES6
  • Perfect Dark

Playstation has:

• KOTOR
  • Spiderman2
  • GOW2
  • Wolverines
  • FF16
  • Forspoken
  • Horizion Forbidden West
  • Project Eve
  • GT7
  • Deathloop
  • Ghost Wire Tokyo
Nintendo Has:

• Metroid dread
  • super mario party allstars
  • SMT V :messenger_heart:
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
  • Splatoon 3
  • Pokemon Arceus
  • Mario + Rabids
  • BOTW II
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Metroid Prime 4
Timed exclusives shouldn't be on that list.

Top Bottom