• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did you like the Halo Infinite E3 2021 reveal?

Did you like the Halo Infinite E3 presentation?

• I liked it

Votes: 247 50.7%
  • I did not like it

Votes: 240 49.3%

• Total voters

ZehDon

No release date and no campaign footage? Heads must roll at 343.
It really is pretty unbelievable. They had an entire year to make a come back. Once Infinite is out, I'm betting Ross steps down (read: forced out, but allowed to resign to save face).

What they showed looked fine; multiplayer looks solid, and the campaign stuff we did get actually left me more positive than last year. But, let's be real: if the Xbox franchise just looks "fine", you done fucked up.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Looked like someone was told to cut a good trailer for the campaign which they did to be fair. Would have liked to have seen a different encounter but I guess we will see more as the year goes on.

Multiplayer had me beaming. Classic shit right there.

I don’t think she has done a good job, but what would you do different?

I also think bringing back Stanton was a good move.
What would I do different? Everything. Halo needs to be refreshes, needs to bring something new. I can't believe I watch the video and it seems like I'm watching halo one with the same fucking empty world with green grass and gray structures. What? Is there only one kind of world?

Stuart360

Looked just as bad as last year.

Either give the series a rest or kill 343i.

I think a developer like iD would do a great job with this franchise.
I think its hard to say how mych better it looked as they didnt really show any open world gameplay, exccept the flyover. Those screen released a while ago def looked better than the reveal, and Master Chief had many new textures on him, to make him look more weathered.
At the end of the day, its not going to be a Forza Horizon 5, but it can still be a good looking 60-120fps game by launch.

The MP looked fun but we were barely shown anything for having to wait another year. I was hoping for a Halo blowout of details

Dr Bass

It sells millions every release. Your expectation vs reality is a bit askew.
Maybe. But who wants this anymore? There is nothing interesting about the setting, the story, or the gameplay at this point. It hasn't added anything of significance in 20 years it feels like. And I looooved the first Halo on Xbox. But the series has gone nowhere, and if it's moved in any direction, it's down.

BTW, it's "dead" in the same sense that the Star Wars franchise is dead. Yeah it still makes money, but it's going nowhere, has no real cultural relevance anymore, isn't made by the people with the original vision, etc. It's kept alive by a corporate machine with no interest in it being great outside of using it as a vehicle to try and make some bucks. Being dead doesn't mean it won't sell some units.

I guarantee you it won't move the needle in terms of console sales though.

So I see absolutely nothing askew about my take. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:
Maybe. But who wants this anymore? There is nothing interesting about the setting, the story, or the gameplay at this point. It hasn't added anything of significance in 20 years it feels like. And I looooved the first Halo on Xbox. But the series has gone nowhere, and if it's moved in any direction, it's down.

BTW, it's "dead" in the same sense that the Star Wars franchise is dead. Yeah it still makes money, but it's going nowhere, has no real cultural relevance anymore etc. Being dead doesn't mean it won't sell some units.

I guarantee you it won't move the needle in terms of console sales though.

So I see absolutely nothing askew about my take. :messenger_beaming:
Like I said, Millions of people. I feel like people like you are desensitized to the word millions. We're not talking about the amount of people you invite to your birthday party. We're talking about a city's worth of people. Take New York for example.

The multiplier looks like pure Halo fun. What the hell is going on with the campaign? They don’t show much, and what they do show makes no sense. New characters mentioning events that we know nothing about? Was this in the books that only the most dedicated fans read? What a joke. Whoever’s in charge of the clips for marketing needs to be replaced.

The complete lack of campaign footage leads me to believe it’s still in a very sorry state.

ahtlas7

I liked the opening cinematic with MC floating around then they lost me with the boring conversation with Not Cortana. Was hoping to jump into game play but they chose to do something different. They 343’ed my ass. Come back Bungie 🥺

After the SHIT they took from after literally getting laughed at into delaying the game.. im shocked they didnt show single player again.. to shut us up..

MP looks fun though

They did show singleplayer... they showed you in-engine footage with AI enemies and allies, with a full look at the new open world in campaign with the improved visuals. It's a massive jump over 2020.

We are looking at the most amazing looking Halo game ever made, and the footage we saw of the campaign is real stuff, that's the actual game we saw.

Did people look at that campaign map???? That's next gen Halo, and that cutscene showing we'll get a new AI...

GIF by FOX International Channels

Last edited:

MrSec84

I didn't like it, there was no single player gameplay for a game supposedly launching this holiday.
Way too much chat, Multiplayer stuff looks nice, but that's not what I play Halo games for.

The world environment still looks static as hell. Weird showcase too, random pan through then a cutscene. Game still looks very much last gen but the lighting at least seem to have been upgraded.

Relativ9

The actual gameplay looks really good, but then I thought that about the first reveal as well, graphics are still a bit underwhealming though, especially compared to multi-plat BF2042 in shown in the same conference.

The lack of proper SP footage only means one thing: that they haven't made enough meaningful progress to be comfortable showing something off. The lack of a release date confirms it.

It is not. Not need to spin it.

So you with a straight face are trying to claim that THIS below in 4K doesn't look massively improved over the 2020 footage? The environmental detail and texture quality, especially into the distance, isn't way better than what we saw in the gameplay? If you're seriously trying to say it isn't, then we have nothing further to discuss, as I can see you have no interest in an honest discussion. It's basically trolling to claim the campaign footage we saw isn't a major graphical improvement over 2020.

Even the in-engine cutscene shown is a clear step above the real-time cutscene from 2020.

The Chief's armor also appears as if it's been given further detail and battle damage, unless his armor is set to be fixed at some point during campaign, I don't know.

The lack of proper SP footage only means one thing: that they haven't made enough meaningful progress to be comfortable showing something off. The lack of a release date confirms it.

Actually, I fully expect we are getting campaign footage as part of the Inside Infinite they delayed last month. :)

We are getting campaign footage in less than 2 weeks, and I'd be surprised if we didn't. Honestly, we should get it by the end of next week.

Actually, I fully expect we are getting campaign footage as part of the Inside Infinite they delayed last month. :)

We are getting campaign footage in less than 2 weeks, and I'd be surprised if we didn't. Honestly, we should get it by the end of next week.
Well, I'll happily stand corrected if that's the case!

Fbh

Multiplayer looks fantastic. Will definitely be playing it.

But I have zero hope for the single player at this point. It's supposedly launching later this year and they are still only showing these boring cutscenes of Master Chief talking to people

Top Bottom