• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did you like the Halo Infinite E3 2021 reveal?

Did you like the Halo Infinite E3 presentation?

• I liked it

Votes: 247 50.7%
  • I did not like it

Votes: 240 49.3%

• Total voters

reksveks

I liked it, I don't think it's pushing the graphical boundaries but its not supposed to be. Its a 4k120 target so it's got to spend less time doing that and it's also a larger world map. As long as the gameplay and story (remember i have no history with the game) works, it's going to be a great game.

I am a halo fan and I am disappointed.
They did not show the campaign cause it does not look good.
They showed better draw distance and environment and a better animated Pelican. Still, no gameplay and no gameplay visuals, just in engine.
I feel like we had multiple threads in the last weeks talking about how 343 announced they don't want to waste time on a campaign demo because they still got a lot of stuff to do.
People need to chill. Just don't preorder and check review footage for the result.

the_master

I feel like we had multiple threads in the last weeks talking about how 343 announced they don't want to waste time on a campaign demo because they still got a lot of stuff to do.
People need to chill. Just don't preorder and check review footage for the result.
See, I was not aware that they said that.
I am still hoping that the game rocks. I hope that they nail the moment to moment gameplay feel.

Still it would have been great to show the campaign to prove that they have improved it a lot.
I guess they will do a campaign reveal before launch

ZywyPL

Banned
An early comparison between last year's reveal and newest footage:

I have to say I forgot how bad the reveal looked, that's some really nice improvements there.

demonstr8

I did not like it because they did not show campaign gameplay footage.
How can a game that is coming out in about 5 months not have it's campaign gameplay footage shown at the most important media event for said game before it is released.
It does not fill me with confidence. If you have something good to show - you show it to drum up interest and hype. If you don't then you won't.
Think for a second that this is not Halo, but some other FPS franchise that has always had good to great campaigns in every entry and it was releasing in less than 6 months and at E3 you didn't see it's campaign at all.
I don't know how else to interpret it other than there is something unsatisfactory about it that means they won't show it to the public because they don't wanna get burned again.
This is probably Microsoft's most important franchise bar Elder Scrolls. The would need a very good reason not to redeem themselves if they could.

Pretty much everyone I've seen who's not as invested in console wars or graphics has been very pleased with how the game is looking. I know I am. It looks FUN as hell and they brought back split screen and it's free to play. This is gonna be far bigger than halo 5

Killer8

Actually pretty excited for it. I'm really satisfied with the graphics upgrade, looks like a clean evolution of Halo 3. Their choice to go back to the classic Halo look is very appreciated, because the art direction of Halo 5 (and to an extent H4) really shit the bed, making them feel not authentically 'Halo'. It's really nice to have the classic Scorpion tank, battle rifle, Covenant, and Master Chief armor back.

In terms of game design, i'm slightly concerned about the new abilities. I've made my peace with things like sprint being in the game, but that new grappling mechanic and the new power.. items (the skulls?) look potentially over-powerd. I just hope the balance is decent.

Last edited:

elliot5

Actually pretty excited for it. I'm really satisfied with the graphics upgrade, looks like a clean evolution of Halo 3. Their choice to go back to the classic Halo look is very appreciated, because the art direction of Halo 5 (and to an extent H4) really shit the bed, making them feel not authentically 'Halo'. It's really nice to have the classic Scorpion tank, battle rifle, Covenant, and Master Chief armor back.

In terms of game design, i'm slightly concerned about the new abilities. I've made my peace with things like sprint being in the game, but that new grappling mechanic and the new power.. items (the skulls?) look potentially over-powerd. I just hope the balance is decent.
Grapple is an equipment pickup with limited use, so I doubt it'll be busted. The skull looked like a game mode item (oddball?). Balance will hopefully be good after lots of public testing 😌

I did not like it because they did not show campaign gameplay footage.
How can a game that is coming out in about 5 months not have it's campaign gameplay footage shown at the most important media event for said game before it is released.
It does not fill me with confidence. If you have something good to show - you show it to drum up interest and hype. If you don't then you won't.
Think for a second that this is not Halo, but some other FPS franchise that has always had good to great campaigns in every entry and it was releasing in less than 6 months and at E3 you didn't see it's campaign at all.
I don't know how else to interpret it other than there is something unsatisfactory about it that means they won't show it to the public because they don't wanna get burned again.
This is probably Microsoft's most important franchise bar Elder Scrolls. The would need a very good reason not to redeem themselves if they could.
Maybe we will see something at the June 17th event.

Spaceman292

Banned
It delivered beyond my wildest dreams

Watching Mister Chief talking to not Cortana after he jumped around in space I could feel my heart racing and I cried. And then he was like "the mission has changed it always does" have they even given a best writing Academy Award to a videogame? Then Chief picked up the sword and was like slash slash I came a little
I came way more than you I am the superior Halo fan

Top Bottom