• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did 2020 screw, fuck or break you?

lock2k

Banned
The only good moment I had in the last 7 years was when my daughter was born in 2014. Since then I had shitty years. The last good one was 2013. 2020 was Just another stupid year, like the cherry on top. The last decade soured my view of life forever

bucyou

gwqr1bhik1861.jpg

Jtibh

Banned
Sorry op for your shitty year.

On a personal level my mother in law got finally diagnosed with FTD as in frontal temporal dementia which is super duper rare and no treatment for it so max 3-4 years and she is gone.
Her staying for 2 months in hospital just accelarated the process.
She lives with us one week on one week off,we share her with my wifes sister.
Its hard. Very hard.

How hard? My wifes sister took her mom with her family to mexico a week ago.
First day she got lost. They had to gather a search team for her at the resort. 4 hours later they found her. Turns out she got confused and wanted to go back to the hotel room but somehow she convinced the staff to let her into a room that wasnt even hers.
She went to bed ,fall asleep only to be woken up by the family who's room it was.
She was scared to say the least but the other family was im shock as well. Its pure comedy gold.
There is a lot worse but wont get into it.

Work wise i am laughing . Best year i've ever had.
For me 2021 is golden but for most it will be the ultimate breaking point.
I am just lucky i am in the right industry .
I also never took this whole virus serious after the flip flops in march as i understood its mostly a power grab and nothing else so i was always positive and never let my mind to be poisoned by the media and fake experts.

And i think thats the key. Less fear and more positivity.
By now more and more lies are comming out from no evidence of asymptometic spread to millions in false positive and negative test results...its been 10 months. Its time to move on .

If you stay positve your mind will boost your body and immune system to fight off this virus.

Turn off cnn and take your life back

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Well.... lost job due to covid. Thought I would be rehired back in 2 months, which turned into 6 months. Planned going to Europe for a vacation and some business, but that was canceled due to covid. Found a new job (remote). Bought a new car. Left crazy-ass Portland, moved to Texas. Only thing that sucks here is that weed isn't legal, yet. The year has been ok, except for those few months when lockdown hit.

Ten_Fold

Lost job due to covid, but I had other streams of income so it didn’t bother me. I actually made more money this year than last year. At this rate I can see me pulling 6 figures by the end of next year.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
2018 was pretty bad for me. 2020 pretty good.

I did lose $1300 in airfare having to cancel a family trip. Frontier ailines sucks.

Last edited:
I lost my work as a result of Covid pandemic and haven't been able to recover since.

Dog ended up in the vets for a month taking a further toll on me mentally.

Job searching for even the shittiest job and couldn't find one.

Irl best friend had a drunk outburst at me and hasn't talked to me since.

My father, who is already in in-home hospice, got further sick when his sciatica started acting up and have to take care of him full time, causing me to halt on job searching.

No income.

Other than my dad, I'm isolated.

No stimulus in sight even as of now and too frustrated and disgusted to see what's up with it even as of today.

So in other words I just about had it.

Last edited:
I'm depressed now, I think I'm going to have a repeat of the job situation with my earlier post, even though I was only in the office for two weeks before lockdown. I just got kicked off of one of my assignments. My supervisor said it wasn't his decision, they need to train someone who has been there longer than me how to do it. I just can't help but wonder if they are getting ready to lay me off or transfer me to yet another department.

I know, a lot of people have it worse than me. But I feel like I sacrificed a lot for this job, and now to have this uncertainty staring me in the face, it hurts. Half the reason I went into accounting was that I thought there was great job security.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Earlier this year I was trying to buy my first house but I kept getting outbid so eventually I bought a house that wouldn't normally have been my first choice. After moving in I immediately regretted it and sold it at a loss, then moved to an apartment that is the oldest apartment that I've lived in so far. I've got about 6 months to go on my lease but at least I feel that I've learned from my experiences and won't make the same mistakes going forward.

With the pandemic going on, I'm pretty much stuck in my apartment by myself all day every day. (I did go visit family for Christmas however)

Right at the end of the year my car needed some repairs and it ended up up costing about $2200. Then I also had to pay for annual vehicle registration and inspection at the same time (and signed up for AAA roadside assistance since my car is now 11 years old). That's the only time all year I've done car repairs though so I guess I was due.

Despite being at my job for 7.5 years, working hard on countless projects, putting in more effort I feel than most, being a great software developer, and having never been promoted in my entire life, I was passed over for a promotion that I wanted and they gave it (actually two promotions to the same position) to others on the team, one person with less experience. My manager asked me to apply for it but seeing how things went down, I think they knew who they wanted to promote before they even asked me to apply.

My Aunt died earlier this year near the beginning of the pandemic (not from covid) and my cousin died from covid, and I wasn't able to attend either of their funerals due to wanting to avoid risks. Many of of my other cousins and my sister have had covid but recovered.

I'm glad that 2020 is almost over. If I had to pull one positive out of the year, I feel that my mental toughness has improved.

Relativ9

Damn that's a fuuucking shitty situation/year. Mine can't compare but I imagine part of the point of this thread is too vent a bit and share in the troubles so here are mine:

The Covid lockdown brought out my fiance's first ever panic attack and she's been struggling with anxiety since (in therapy). This is something that probably would've reared its head eventually anyway as she's always been a bit on the anxious side, she's a clever girl though and has been copeing and dealing with the situation pretty well, improving and changing the way she thinks, so there's a silver lining.

My mother got addicted too sleeping pills and pain pills (she lives in Spain, they hand them out like candy). It's been going on for a few years but definitely hit the worst by far milestones this year (zombie state, no bladder/bowl control, complete regression into a child-like dumb stupor, continued denial, paranoia, blame, suicidal, ect). At this point it's been years of trying to help her with her throwing it away and fucking up/making things worse at every turn, som I'm about to cut her out of my life and give up...which would likely mean her death...so that'll be fun.

Aaand my best friend was put on sick leave for a herniated disk a few months ago, since then I've learned that this was just a cover for deep and crippling depression and suicidal thoughts. He's a shooting instructer in the Norwegian military and took the choice to get sick leave himself because be didn't want to be around weapons for fear of what be might do to himself.

What makes all of this worse is that I live and work in Romania, my mother is in Spain and my best friend is in Norway. I'd love to be able to be there for him but obviously can't (yey travel restrictions). On the other hand having dealt with my mother's thing for a few years now and talking to her on the phone, I know even being there'd be nothing I could do to help her when she won't admit she has a problem. So Covid is kind of a nice excuse in that case.

So shitty year right? Well that's the thing, I also got engaged to the love of my life this year. Got an investor for my project which gave me financial security and the ability to work full time on my passion, as well as hire a concept artist, another writer, animator and programmer. I've never been "the boss" before and never professionally been a main creative force (creative director) either so that's a pretty big deal for me. Also in the process of looking for land to buy and building a house. And we're six months into owning a great dog (Golden...we think) which I already love way more than I would've expected (I'm not a very emotional guy, can be a bit cynical at times). So for me personally things have been going better than most years actually, would be nice to travel though. I feel kind of bad about being happy about where my life is at when so many around be are going through shit, idk sometimes I get self-conscious about being too cold...like stuff should bother/effect me more than it does.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I know exactly how you feel. I have to let go my old girl tomorrow. It's no life to live in pain so bad she can't even lift her head to eat or drink without 4 pain pills. Fucking cancer. It's inoperable. She's 15.

So sorry to hear that. Cancer is the fucking worst. It was cancer that got Apollo too. We had the tumor removed but it grew back within a few months. He was 13.

levyjl1988

Banned
2020 has been fucking amazing for me. Instead of commuting every day to work, the commute is 2 hours on public transit plus the 2 hours to get ready to do something I can do at home is bless.
Working from home and not talking to real people in person has been very good for me. As an introvert, I can do everything remotely. I saved so much money and time by staying home. I don't have to worry about Covid-19 as I never have to leave the house. It sucks that covid-19 is impacting a lot of people and their businesses but it's been amazing for me. I never get to go outside, everything is within reach, the kitchen, the bathroom breaks, my home gym, my bed.

With covid-19 happening and realistically it will be here for the next 10 years, I don't think it will ever go away. I like living this life comfortably.
Workplaces can now take illnesses and being sick seriously now. Before work is like your, sick, still come to work, now when your sick, they are like stay the fuck home.
Of course they have the nuisance of asking for a doctor's note, but working remotely and comfortably it's been less of a concern, I can sleep in late. It's bless. When the economy was working as usually I fucking hated it, this covid-19 stay at home order is a definite win for introverts like me who fucking hate people and being around them.

JSoup

Banned
It's actually not been a terrible year. While my work (private elder care) pretty much vanished cause of covid, I'm good at planning out saving. My partner makes excellent money and the lack of workers mixed with the high cost of training new people has resulted in piles of overtime. The lockdowns cut down on spontaneous road trips to neighboring cities for dumb crap, and reducing the amount of take out junk we eat, which was already low, by a lot. The net result is less worries, more savings and us spending more time together, watching movies and stuff.

For me personally, having piles of free time has lead to other projects. I've had a chance to work on the house, actually get my living room arranged for comfortable seating, deciding what to put in this display case a friend got me (still stuck in a quantum indecision loop there, but I've narrowed things down a bit), and start some personal projects. Been able to start streaming recreationally and cut down the number of games I've started by never finished (which has the effect of less impulse buying new games), increase my knowledge of how these game maker programs work (RPGMaker, Adventure Game Studio, Renpy, etc.) and actually writing complete stories for the first time in several years.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Been lucky. Nothing big.

Good
- Company is doing great, everyone still employed, bonus will be giant this year
- Everyone I know is still healthy and alive
- Since I've been working from home, my cooking skills probably improved 10-fold. I always been either a take out guy, or make something easy at home (throw it in the oven). Now when I cook chicken or pork chops its more of a full meal, went on a buying binge of sauces, and make a lot more home cooked meals. Still a pain sometimes, but it's tasted better than I thought. No big screw ups where I throw it in the garbage
- Haven't gained weight when reports say most people WFH are. I guess me pigging out at home is countered with me NOT pigging out at the food court or McD's for lunch every day at the office
- I can work when I want and multi-task surfing the net and checking gaming news on my personal laptop beside me
- Mortgage rates dropped like a rock. My variable mortgage rate is at its lowest ever
- Withstood the stock market meltdown (Trump was right. Don't bail). My portfolio is basically at all time highs since I bought a slew of big gainer stocks starting in the summer, some more in Q4 and most went up big

Bad
- Sheer boredom. There's only so much conference calling you can do at work, and only so much texting with friends and fam. It's so much better working in person and seeing people walk by or chat. And with things closed or limited, the number of friends and fam lunches and dinner nosedived to probably single digits the past 9 months. There were some months the only people I knew who I saw in person were my neighbours
- Parents old and almost all the family dinners and holiday get togethers are either gimped or didn't happen except for brief hellos and dropping off gifts
- If my parents die from Covid, it'll suddenly happen in solidarity and there's nothing the rest of us can do as we aren't there. It would be disheartening if they die one of these months due to covid and the last time they saw any of us was 4 months ago kind of thing. Most of us live in the same metro area and would normally see each other every month in some fashion (dinner, holiday, chill out etc....)

Only really bad thing was I couldn’t use my Busch Gardens tickets most of the year. Been a pretty ok year.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For me personally, having piles of free time has lead to other projects. I've had a chance to work on the house, actually get my living room arranged for comfortable seating, deciding what to put in this display case a friend got me (still stuck in a quantum indecision loop there, but I've narrowed things down a bit), and start some personal projects.
Lockdown has made some industries skyrocket.

Anything to do with renovations, gardening, fixing cars, etc..... have gone through the roof. For me, I renoed my house years ago so I'm in no need for an overhaul but even I bought some kitchen/bathroom organizing shit a month ago just because I had time surfing the net, saw some life hack tips where the article had to do with kitchen gear. Then surfed some more, than ordered various stuff from Amazon.

Sorry for what happened OP. Hope you and everyone in this thread struggling finds 2021 to be a better year.

For me, the bad thing is not being able to see my family. I'm still stuck in China and my plans changed - but I can't say for the worst. I got a good job, I got raised twice already in 6 months, I'm in a position where my life is going on the right track.

But I feel grateful for it everyday, and I hope my family keeps safe back in my home country. Miss them to death and worry about them everyday.

Jtibh

Banned

Anything to do with renovations, gardening, fixing cars, etc..... have gone through the roof. For me, I renoed my house years ago so I'm in no need for an overhaul but even I bought some kitchen/bathroom organizing shit a month ago just because I had time surfing the net, saw some life hack tips where the article had to do with kitchen gear. Then surfed some more, than ordered various stuff from Amazon.
Exactly.

New Construction and renos are breaking records.

Lot of big companies with large overhead went under.
Midd to small guys who stuck it out reap the harvest now.

I have like 12 projects signed up so far and they are all new residential and commercial construction.

No renos for me though. Fuck that shit.

Now if only oil and has would be up again...

sinnergy

Was a nice year, besides keeping a low profile to steer the family through COVID!

Found a new job after 11 months of unemployment, started my own Business when I had no work, found clients ! Decreased our mortgage monthly payments and are going to rebuild a part of the house next year!

Keep on trucking! Never let anything keep you from doing what you want ! But sensible.

In this digital age anything is possible!

Last edited:
Stop that shit.

A coward is who ends it all.

A fighter goes down fighting.

Besides....when you have nothing to lose you can only win.

Maybe this is a sign to start over?
Go tell that to the guy who inherited millions of dollars but then killed himself because the lockdowns made him lonely.

That imo is a waste.

Jtibh

Banned
Go tell that to the guy who inherited millions of dollars but then killed himself because the lockdowns made him lonely.

That imo is a waste.
I know a lot of rich people.
They dont have the best life let me tell you that.

Drugs , mental problems, sence of purposeless etc etc.
That guy probably suffered from something other than the lockdown.
Inherited millions but killed himself cuz of loneliless....sound like one of those celebs preaching we are in this together all while sipping cocktail in the pool on their 10 acress while the rest of us are stuck in 400sf apartments..

No man dont let this covid hoax take the best of you.
Nothing lasts forever. This is just another test on a journey YOU actually picked. So finish it.
My grandparents were running from machine guns and bombs. What are we running from?
An invisible boogyman?

JSoup

Banned

Yep. One of the house projects is looking into how to do simple ceiling work. The bathroom in this house was built before humans invented hot water and steam, so it's in need of some repairs.

sinnergy

I know a lot of rich people.
They dont have the best life let me tell you that.

Drugs , mental problems, sence of purposeless etc etc.
That guy probably suffered from something other than the lockdown.
Inherited millions but killed himself cuz of loneliless....sound like one of those celebs preaching we are in this together all while sipping cocktail in the pool on their 10 acress while the rest of us are stuck in 400sf apartments..

No man dont let this covid hoax take the best of you.
Nothing lasts forever. This is just another test on a journey YOU actually picked. So finish it.
My grandparents were running from machine guns and bombs. What are we running from?
An invisible boogyman?
Mine also , ww2 veteran, but you could see your enemies and participate on actions .

With this you can’t, so it’s wise to be careful with this invincible enemy.

That said, war time is worse. Also you can do and make anything from life if you wish.

Last edited:

Troglodyte

Banned
I mean, I work in healthcare so its basically getting fucked 24/7 365 to begin with. Now with this shitshow that happened we are all getting fucked royally. No hazard pay, mandation, being shit on by upper management and corporate, policies being changed every three seconds because they don't know what to do.

I guess I should be grateful I have a safe job where I can go work anywhere but then I think to myself about all these fucking people who've been sitting at home collecting checks every two weeks (some of whom haven't worked in 15 years and are collecting unemployment) and think to myself how nice it would be to take a break and get paid.

Healthcare is literal hell and anyone who wants to pursue a career in it needs to have their heads examined, especially after the shit that was dumped on us the year or so. I would advise everyone against it and so would my collogues. Don't let anyone fool you, it sucks balls.

JSoup

Banned
I mean, I work in healthcare so its basically getting fucked 24/7 365 to begin with. Now with this shitshow that happened we are all getting fucked royally. No hazard pay, mandation, being shit on by upper management and corporate, policies being changed every three seconds because they don't know what to do.

I guess I should be grateful I have a safe job where I can go work anywhere but then I think to myself about all these fucking people who've been sitting at home collecting checks every two weeks (some of whom haven't worked in 15 years and are collecting unemployment) and think to myself how nice it would be to take a break and get paid.

Healthcare is literal hell and anyone who wants to pursue a career in it needs to have their heads examined, especially after the shit that was dumped on us the year or so. I would advise everyone against it and so would my collogues. Don't let anyone fool you, it sucks balls.

I wonder if this will lead to a health care provider crisis similar to the huge teacher crisis years ago. Too many people going out, not enough people willing to come in.

Zero7

Well I got FF7 Remake, PS5 and series X out of it. A few plans I had went to shit, it's not been as bad for me as it has been for others though. All the best for 2021 folks 🍻

NahaNago

Honestly this year hasn't been to bad or at least most of it hasn't . I did make some terrible life decisions in the last few months though. The biggest one would have to be quitting my job last month. I'd just had enough but the smarter decision would have been to step down or work less. Should have bought Christmas gifts then quit. Now I plan to learn and try to find a way to do the digital nomad thing.

ranmafan

Without a doubt, this was the worst year of my life. Almost everything that could go wrong in one year did and then some.

First off, I lost three relatives this year, two aunts and an uncle. Two of them died of cancer, one long term and the other short. Both hit me hard. But the death of my other aunt still hurts so much months after it happened. She went from being perfectly fine to death in a matter of days. And sadly the doctors couldn't find a real reason what caused her death. While they did do covid tests and they came back negative, me and many members of my family still believe she died of it. Also because of the pandemic, I couldn't go to the US to spend time with family during these hard times. So the mourning period was quite hard for me being half way across the world from my family at such a difficult time.

Second, I lost my job in March when my employer in Japan decided not to renew my contract for my job. This is very bad to do in Japan in March as its past hiring season. I've been unemployed ever since. The job market here, especially for foreigners like me has completely dried up. One good thing is that the Japanese government actually extended unemployment benefits due to the pandemic so thanks to that and the Japanese and American stimuluses, and my family here helping and supporting each other, we've been able to get through the year well. Hopefully with hiring season starting in January, I can get back into work by April. A little funny thing, as you can imagine being in this situation is very depressing. So it became ironic when I played the recent Yakuza Like A Dragon game and found myself going to the same place (Hello Work) in the game as I do in real life for job consulting and unemployment benefits.

Third, worrying about my family back home. Its been a real tough year for them in America dealing with avoiding the illness, dealing with loss, and dealing with the money situation there due to all the problems going on. Sadly I cant do much but give what little support I can due to my own situation here in Japan, but it still depresses me.

Fourth, all these issues have made my depression and anxiety so much worse. Ive suffered from both for years and this year was like a bat beating me emotionally at every turn. Thankfully my strength and my support from family, friends, my doctors and therapist have helped me see the good things out there more than the bad even in a bad year.

And lastly, while many people won't think this is too big of an issue, for me it was and continues to be, the delaying and possible canceling of the Tokyo Olympics. The Olympics are probably the one thing I have loved more in my life outside my family and other hobbies. Living close to Tokyo and having the chance to go to an Olympics finally after dreaming of going for decades was such a real push for me to help me through the hard times and all. I was so happy to be able to secure a couple of tickets for the games. As you can imagine the postponing of the games was a huge blow to me emotionally. It happened just after I lost my job too, so at the time I was at one of my lowest points ever. While the hope that the games could go on next year has increased with the vaccine and Japan's push to hold the games, its still a very big unknown. I hope they can go on and I can attend, because if they don't and I cant, it would be one of the biggest blows to me ever.

Still I do have things to be thankful for. In the end this year I survived it thanks to my wonderful family here in Japan. My wife and kids, and my wife's family has helped so much in giving me and each of us so much support to get through this troubled time. I've had more time to spend with my kids since I've been home more this year which is great. And because I'm staying home and all I've avoided getting sick thankfully. I started posting more here on Neogaf again, which has been fun. I made a youtube channel which while I haven't uploaded much the last month or so I plan on doing more. And I've worked on ideas for the future that hopefully will lead to more success come next year. This year sucked, and a lot more happened to me than I listed. But still I count the blessings I have and I'm glad I'm stronger because of them.

So fuck 2020, and hopefully 2021 will be better. I can't imagine how it could be worse.

zaanan

Banned
My condolences to Ma-Yuan Ma-Yuan , that is a lot of death and health issues. My girlfriend and I had the chinavirus right after Thanksgiving, and it was just like the flu, nothing major. It's ridiculous that they are keeping people from visiting their loved ones in the hospital; the family interaction helps with recovery.

My business had our best month ever in February, then the lockdowns etc. ripped the rug out from under us. We are open but a lot of folks that would normally be buying from us (musicians) are the same folks that are hit the hardest with being unable to tour or play, or get unemployment, etc. So we are struggling, but hanging in there.

Good luck everybody!

It wasn't a particularly bad year for me. It did fuck me a bit with my car bills tho. Fucking Renault.

Edit: sorry about your year OP, hopefully 2021 brings a lot of good things. :)

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Brother’s wife left him and his two kids in March which turned out to be crazy timing. He had to work while his kids did school from home so I stepped up and played the good uncle helping out. Oddly the pandemic ended up bringing us closer.

Apart from that we had some healthy scares, mom got double pneumonia but is doing ok. My other brother, his wife, and 1 year old all got COVID and they all made it through ok. Whole family is still healthy and alive and together and that is what counts.

I have to be thankful I’m in the position I am in and don’t have a job in the restaurant or music industry like so many of my friends. It’s so weird because occasionally I would get jealous of my more successful friends with music careers but nowadays? Lol. I know someone who plays giant festivals and he spent all year coding. Music is over. It was always an iffy proposition for a job but nowadays, forget about it.

A.Romero

It started a bit rough. My SO moved out right before the lockdown started in my country. Facilitating people in my company to work from home was kind of a challenge too. I took a slight hit financially.

Other than that it was great for me. Started exercising at home and I'm in the best shape I had for the last 15 years probably. Started going to college again for a second degree. Have had a great time at home with my cat.

raduque

A small update. Simone has been gone for 3 hours now. We get her ashes back in about a week. We're so lost without her, it feels weird not having her here anymore.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Well this for many people horrible year comes to an end. And I want to share what it had in store for me. I have to admit not all was bad but it started really bad and ended on high note so far. I hope the last days have no more surprises for me.

In January my best friend attempted suicide because his wife left him. This was on the 9th which I could prevent with one of his coworkers.

On the 27th he succesfully commited suicide. I tried to get him to an institution that could help him but was not successful. He was also able to release him self out of psychiatric care directly after 9th. Unfortunately he was a quiet good liar I have to admit. He fooled the shrinks and me twice. I dearly miss him. He has a daughter that was 3 years old at that time :(

Later on came the stupid lock down which I guess was the same for everyone, but being home with two kids back then (one 3 years old and one starting with 5 months) and the obligation to work was horrible.

We had to cancel our April vacation to Thailand so my parents in law couldn't see their second grandchild. We postponed it to October but the same . . . flights were cancled. My wife hasn't seen her parents in person close to two years now. She is getting really depressed about it.

In September a good colleague from work suddenly died from a heart attack.

Also in September my company started reorganizing and informed us that 30% of the staff from HQ will have to leave until the end of the year. (I didn't have to . . . lucky me but more to this later)

In October my uncle had i think his third heart attack but since he has more luck then brains he survived again. But he is still due for another surgery which was postponed to next year and you guess it right because of our favorit virus. I hope all goes well until then.

In November I found out that my old team will be resurrected at work (after the 30% of the staff left . . . don't ask me why . . .). It was merged with another team at the beginning of the year. This resulted in me not getting the promotion I was in my humble opinion due to get (stupid trainings and evaluations lead me to be leave i was due :D ). Instead I got a fancy new title that gave me nearly all the tasks of a team leader but with no money perks at all . . . On the 17th of December I finally found out that I will lose that fancy title and wont become team leader instead a former very good friend of mine at work will get this position. He always claimed not to be interested in this position and was cheering me up to get it. He had a special role or position that was canned due to the restructure so he got mine instead and I was demoted . . . within less of a year. (Happened to all current team leaders in my department and I -_- so at least I am not alone with this fate).
The issue is that the guy knew since more then 4 years that i tried to get this position . . . And he didn't have the guts to tell me that he somehow managed to snag it away in front of me. He told me 5minutes before the official announcement . . . I thought that was the final blow for this year because I really could have used this promotion and raise in salary that comes with it . . .

But then my father thought hold my beer I can end 2020 on a higher note. On the 20th of December he had stroke . . . a blood vessel bursted. He is still alive but I haven't seen him since because of this fucking covid virus and those shit fucking rules. He is completly paralyzed on the left hemisphere and can barely speak a word. He still has is skull opened to lower the presure by releasing brain fluid. And his chances to survive the next year are not in his favor. My mom would only be allowed to visit him if he is diying or see his corpse if she can't be there in time. Since we can't see him don't know how he is doing or even looks now and he is at the complete mercy of those people who I can not trust if I never met them. Yesterday one doctor basically destroyed all hope for my mum saying his bloodpresure is still to high and they have issues stabalizing it. They also fear his brain will get infected since he needs his skull to be open for so long. Also chances to get out of this shit get drastically lower if you have no support from your family and right now we can't give it to him. These idiots havent even set up the wifi for the phone we gave him so at least they could turn on a video call and my mum and I could see him. If we are lucky they bring a normal phone to him and we can talk to him for 5 minutes but yesterday they always claimed to have no time. So he hasn't heared anything since sunday from us.

So this was 2020 in a nutshell for me :( I hope your 2020 was better then mine and next year will be all good for us and this stupid covid bullshit will end.

I have to literally start all over again from scratch. :) Corona destroyed my life and all plans completely.

I expect that i wont see my wife until mid or end of next year. So we didnt see each other for 1 1/2 or 2 years.

I do further education now for people who work.... but unemployment office blocked me from taking any jobs until further education is over. *lol* Thats why i had to decline a job that i got offered at the end of the year. Dont know when i will be able to get another one.

The only good thing is.... i finally may be able to get a new appartment in february. I got offered one that is cheap and nice for our city. It has state reduced rent for people with low income. I will check it out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom