• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Call of Duty Was Made From Home

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In March 2020, a national state of emergency was declared. For Raven Software, co-developer of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, suddenly the future of the next game in the biggest FPS series of all time was in jeopardy. This is the Inside Story of how Call of Duty was made from home.

Check out exclusive behind the scene footage of how Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War transitioned their entire work force to working from home -even including mo-cap- and still managed to release the game on time, despite being in the middle of the covid-19 pandemic.

Thank you to Dan Vondrak, Senior Creative Director at Raven Software, Natalie Pohorski, Narrative Producer and actor, Lily Cowles for their time and thoughts on the project.

After the huge success of Call of Duty Warzone, the COD developers knew their follow up would need to be something special. Since audiences were receptive to the soft reboot of Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Raven Software figured it might be time to continue another beloved Call of Duty property, BLOPS.

Intro 00:00
Quarantine Measure 01:05
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome 02:50
Mo-Cap 07:30
Learning Lessons 10:10
The Finish Line 13:31
Credits 16:09

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
And it shows to be honest. Game is a major step down from MW.

To be honest, I doubt it's because of COVID 19.

Weapons looks like plastic toys, and the attention to detail is close to none compared to MW2019.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I hate to be that "MW2019 is the best" kinda guy, but seriously, Activision should be jailed for the criminality of overshadowing MW2019 now.

Look at these insane details. This is not just a game. It's art from people who devoted their lives to their hobby. I've never seen this amount of detail in any other game.

Last edited:

Camreezie

Its impressive any of the games that had release dates came out on time when they had to work at home. But in their case , they only revealed the release date close to release so they were under no external pressure to hit that date. Activision could have cut them some slack, Warzone was still crazy popular

I hate to be that "MW2019 is the best" kinda guy, but seriously, Activision should be jailed for the criminality of overshadowing MW2019 now.

Look at these insane details. This is not just a game. It's art from people who devoted their lives to their hobby. I've never seen this amount of detail in any other game.

MW is gorgeous game. But that is it. It's awful gameplay wise.

v_iHuGi

Banned

Wow wtf

Top Bottom