• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big of a deal is Microsofts All Access financing in the grand scheme of things? Will you be using it?

Are you planning to use all access financing to get your Series Xbox?

• Yes, wanted an Xbox and this makes it more affordable

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • No, don't need it, I'll pay it upfront

Votes: 70 31.8%
  • Yes and this option is what swayed me to buy an Series Xbox

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Ill get a PS5 still no matter the price difference

Votes: 119 54.1%

• Total voters

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I dont think it will have the impact that MS is hoping, but I dont think it's a bad strategy either.

All of Xbox success depends on how willing MS is to sink costs into Gamepass and Hardware. I've said it before and I'll say it again, MS is rolling in cash but that doesn't automatically mean the shareholders or Nadella is going to let that division bleed money.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Yeah, a guaranteed extra $15 a month from people isn't going to make Xbox any money. And no, plenty of people who are well off will use this service. How does having a $15 monthly Game Pass sub make you poor? 2 of the 3 people I know taking advantage of this are very well off. You guys with your takes. I'd be doing it too if I didn't have Game Pass paid off until 2023. Nothing wrong with the deal unless you hate MS. Only the usual suspects on here are downplaying it so.

If you’re well off and you get on a 24 sub plan to pay for a console, it’s even dumber.

Kerotan

Your the type of little twat that everyone hates, just because people get this plan doesn’t mean they are broke, some people like to spread the cost rather than paying upfront.

Poor shaming someone for choosing a way THEY want to pay, normally it’s people with money who sometimes get these plans and then pay them off in a few months.
It's a scam and if you have the money then a fool is easily parted with his money. This is how these rich companies are so rich because the little guy can't see a good deal when it's staring right at him. Buy the xbox up front and don't throw away your hard earned cash.

DavidGzz

If you’re well off and you get on a 24 sub plan to pay for a console, it’s even dumber.

Nah, if you're paying even less when all is said and done you're not. Silly. And YES, it's cheaper if you're paying the $15 and don't plan to unsubscribe.

Tulipanzo

Well, yeah, he said he was doing All access but he needed 3 consoles, I didn't ask if he's doing all access for all 3, you're right, he can just share the XGU. He'll most likely only do it on one.

But really, you can find deals on almost anything out there. I have friends who clip coupons and save a ton of money at the grocery store but I ain't doing that shit. Convenience vs. doing work in looking for deals. Those things have been a thing since money was a thing. This isn't a huge revelation. You can buy a PC and only buy $7 games and Humble bundles and save a shitload of money, it goes on and on. All Access is great for people who are already paying the $15 a month and don't mind doing it, everyone else can make up their mind.
I mean, I get getting deals might be tough, but plenty of basic deals save you more than $60.

This is also a problem of impact, because the math doesn't make it look good, ESPECIALLY over the two year period.
My major issue being that you're locking yourself out of much better potential deals.

Maybe Series X pulls a 360/PS4 and doesn't go down much, but I pointed how I saw X1 for €200 in 2014, X1X/S too went down quick.
I get some people don't mind, obviously I spend that much per month on games, but if you're on a budget this is a bad deal.
Trade-ins, BF deals, con discounts save you a ton more.

To point to improvements to All-Access
- Lower the price, even with savings the math makes it look bad. $60 savings on XSS and $20 on XSX is a pittance
- Make it a worldwide standard wherever XBoxes are sold, not "select retailers in select countries"

Tulipanzo

Why do you think you are paying double?
$600, $25/mo over two years is double the price of an XBox Series S. With GPU you save $60, which is very little. $20 saved on a Series X is even worse.

I think the poll bears out what I thought:
- Day 1 buyers would rather spend less all at once
- Later buyers will easily find deals that cost far less than this

I don't believe this will have much of an impact, since technically this has been an option for two years.
Some people may have just finished paying $840 for their X1X, a console that went on sale for $200.

Texas Pride

Banned
They're going to use this as an attempt to boost their Gamepass numbers. I don't see it working in the end because as the price of creating content & buying exclusive content goes up so will the subscription price. We're inching toward a future where you don't own your games and that's good for corporations but shitty for the consumer. To the people ushering that future in. Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
It is famously available for very cheap, which is good! You're just pretending it's not to make All-Access not look bad.

- Regular price cuts over the 2 years

I wouldn't be surprised BF deals after launch this year already offer better pack-in value. This is for very select store users, in very select countries, that want a Series on day one but won't look elsewhere.

It isn't avaiable cheap everywhere apart from your first one time deals only I can only assume you're not subscribed. People bang on about $1 ultimate and gamepass it's only for one month for the life of the user account. Everyone I know at this rate now pays full freight and it's still a bargain.

So price cuts by Microsoft on the same month as launch when people won't be able to get any stock as it is....? I think we've reached maximum ridiculous levels for this now time to end it.

wolffy71

Banned
$35x24 months, 840 total gets u game pass ult and xsx. Thats essentially 15 per month for GP and 20 for the console. It would be $10 per for the series s.

If you can afford the console outright or not, the wiser move is to finance this. 1st its a tiny bit cheaper if you already plan to have GP. Secondly its always best to buy things with other peoples cash when possible. Cash in hand is king. Its the financing that gets you but here thats no issue.

Isn’t even that great. You can just use a interest free credit card. Very easy to come by

DO NOT USE THAT.

Interest Free credit cards, especially the ones with a disgustingly high APR are designed to totally fuck you the moment the interest kicks in or you miss a payment.

The interest is designed to always take away what you pay in, and thus always keep you trapped in debt.

Using a interest free credit card is a billion times worse than using this Xbox plan.

Last edited:
What's that gotta do with plans though?

You don't have to be on a plan to get a phone. In fact I never was on a phone plan. Always sim only.

All I mean is that going on a plan for a phone which is an essential item is more justifiable then for someone to go on a plan for a console.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom