• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Badly Battlefield 5 REALLY Failed

Naked Lunch

All BF games have that (on console)
Nope. FPS in general have aim assist on console games - this is not the same thing as the auto lock that BF1 has. When you press LT in BF1 - your aim directly snaps to the closest enemy like you are playing Virtua On or something. No other BF game does this. It removes any and all skill from firefights.

Battlefield 4 was pretty good... Then, welll... WTF happened!

Well, building your design efforts around giving rewards for spotting the "enabled straight white dude" and replace him with whatever you feel like, and when you build a strory where there were actually black soldiers act as if they were "etased"... Good plan, people will love it.

I mean, for all intents and purposes, talk about the wrongs of the past, just don't make them up and pretend you are somehow accurate at one level or another... It feels like they were applying for writers job at project 1619.

BFV was a botch job from the top.

First of all, they tried to go woke which was the first major turn off. Then the higher ups literally told people not to buy the game if they didnt want SJW nonsense in a WW2 game.

Then, they implemented a live service that they were woefully unprepared for. They should learn a lot from Modern Warfare in this regard.

Then on top of that they made the god awful decision to focus on lesser known battles that no one cared for. You play WW2 games for dday, stalingrad, iwo jima, the ardennes, ect. So in the end you ended up with (or had to wait a year) not having most of the factions or locations that you want to see in a ww2 game.

They need a complete regrouping and to study Modern Warfare HARD.

MiguelItUp

Battlefield 1 was the better pseudo World War 2 game, anyhow.

Even the soundwork was so much better in BF1, Realistic and the ambiance of hell going on in the back was amazing.
Agreed. BF1 was SO much better than V IMO. Mind you, I only ever played that open beta and made up my mind on it. It just didn't feel good at all IMO. Watched a lot of footage after that. BF1 had me by the balls for a LONG time, definitely my favorite in the series in a LONG time.

Playing since 1942, it was really sad to not even really partake in V, and that says a lot. I've purchased every single BF since 1942. This was the ONLY one I skipped. :(

Here's to hoping the next game is improved through and through.

Go back and play BF4...its a night and day difference by comparison to BF1 and BFV. Sure the graphics arent as impressive but there is just so much more going on at once, the "Battlefield moments" happen much more frequently and the game just feels better to play. Its been a downward spiral since.

INC

Nope. FPS in general have aim assist on console games - this is not the same thing as the auto lock that BF1 has. When you press LT in BF1 - your aim directly snaps to the closest enemy like you are playing Virtua On or something. No other BF game does this. It removes any and all skill from firefights.

thats auto rotation, which from bf4 onwards have it (load up BF4, it clearly shows it in the options, auto rotation and slowdown, have their own toggles). even BFV, at launch it was disabled, but dice added it back in without telling anyone, for the xmas noobs, no word if they deactivated it, last i heard, they hadnt

Top Bottom