• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Clickbait Cringe How about an easy mode for Elden Ring?

Feb 20, 2021
Well I'm not buying the game if it doesn't. I've had my time wasted by the Souls games three times already and it pisses me off every time (demons, dark souls, bloodborne).

I have no problem with difficult games in the vein of Hotline Miami, Super Meat Boy, etc. Games where you die and IMMEDIATELY get back into the action. I waste a few minutes tops. When I start to lose 20 or 30 minutes of progress, ESPECIALLY from something that's poorly designed or "cheap" (player invades your space and molests you, roll off a tiny bridge, activate a trap), I quit.

I absolutely love the aesthetic and hope I can get into the series some day. I keep trying, but I never get past the second boss. The people that like it REALLY like it, and I wouldn't want to ruin it for them, but I feel like there are legitimate criticisms for that type of difficulty. For example, I loved FZero GX and beat it on the hardest difficulty, and I feel pride for that, but the rubber banding and perfect lines by the CPU were bullshit lol. Maybe 60 FPS and instant loading would help, I haven't played the Demon's Souls remake yet. Meh.

Last edited:

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
The trailer seems to indicate there would be coop summoning like in Dark Souls.

If all other From games with a summoning mechanic are anything to go by, there's your easy mode.

Reactions: Danjin44
Jun 10, 2020
sure buddy, only one condition, you always wear a chicken head skin in the whole game.

luffie

Mar 13, 2012
luffie.deviantart.com
I know that article is probably pure clickbait.....
but waypoints? why not a map?
No status effect? why not invincibility?
What's next? A save before boss? An autosave?
Regenerative health? Why not unlimited potions?
More reach? Why not one hit kill?

Why play Souls game at all?

Matsuchezz

Feb 27, 2020
This happens because Zelda games are a cake walk where the boss generally dies with 3 hits. And those games get always a perfect score by the journalists which is ridiculous. From software games are hard as fuck based on ability, i agree you need good reflexes and patience to get good, I do not have much time to play but a good challenge is always welcomed. It will take me forever to beat the game but i will some day. We are blessed to get super fast SSD on PS5 because games where you die a lot, it is an additional pain to wait for the game to load.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bartski

Spaceman292

Mar 11, 2019
yeah its not my native language. Why be personal? Just put me on ignore and dont read it.
You're right I'm sorry.

I still disagree though. I don't get why people think that difficult games demand more time. An hour playing a video game is an hour, it doesn't matter what the game is.

RPSleon

Apr 3, 2015
The actual difficulty setting is control of your own observation skills and patience.

It wouldnt be half the game it is without it beating you in to submission for not paying attention

reinking

Jun 1, 2020
Why are people so against an easy mode even if they are not going to use it? Is it a feeling of elitism that they are playing a game that "those filthy casuals" are not playing? I've never understood why an artificial limit to access a game is applauded by some. Sure, it would be less tense for the casual gamers that choose to play on an easier mode but that would not take away the intensity from those that play on hard or nightmare.

Reactions: kanjobazooie

DiscoDave

Neo Member
May 22, 2021
It’s not about bragging.

many of these games do have easier ways to play through them. It’s pretty telling that you don’t know that.
Pretty telling you don't even mention about if there should be an easy mode or not. Forget the strategys which is basically what you are on about, why can't there just be an easy mode that is, well easy. You know its because you like to brag you beat a hard game but if there is an easy mode people would question how you did it, anyway I'm sure your mum would be proud eiva way.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Mar 22, 2017
Pretty telling you don't even mention about if there should be an easy mode or not. Forget the strategys which is basically what you are on about, why can't there just be an easy mode that is, well easy. You know its because you like to brag you beat a hard game but if there is an easy mode people would question how you did it, anyway I'm sure your mum would be proud eiva way.
Bragg about what exactly!? Souls games no where near as hard as people making out to be. I'm normal as you can get when comes to "skill" If I can beat it so can everybody else. The problem here is people just don't want engage with actual games and want the game beat itself while they enjoy the "story". Except FROM games are not ND games with cinematic story and cutscenes, they all about combat and boss fights.

Last edited:

DiscoDave

Neo Member
May 22, 2021
Bragg about what exactly!? Souls games no where near as hard as people making out to be. I'm normal as you can get when comes to "skill" If I can beat it so can everybody else. The problem here is people just don't want engage with actual games and want the game beat itself while they enjoy the "story". Except FROM games are not ND games with cinematic story and cutscenes, they all about combat and boss fights.
Whats all that got to do with an easy mode? Also don't just assume that if you can do it so can everybody else. Its obvious most people don't even wanna touch that shit cause the difficulty or people would not bring it up. Seriously answer why there should not be an easy mode?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Mar 22, 2017
Whats all that got to do with an easy mode? Also don't just assume that if you can do it so can everybody else. Its obvious most people don't even wanna touch that shit cause the difficulty or people would not bring it up. Seriously answer why there should not be an easy mode?
Because FROM don't want to, it what made their games very different game than most games out there and guess what? Majority of people liked what they made to the point most other developers trying to copy what they did.

But FUCK developers creative freedom?..they should make same type of games as everybody else and turn entire industry bland as fuck.

Last edited: