• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Household chore you hate the most?

Amory

For me, cleaning out and scrubbing the fridge/freezer. No question. I need to come up with a schedule. Even if I did a shelf a month, it'd save the 3 hour process of cleaning out the whole thing in one day.

Bonus, one that I don't mind at all slash kind of enjoy? Vacuuming. It's easy and your progress is easily seen so it feels gud

nush

Gold Member
For me, cleaning out and scrubbing the fridge/freezer. No question. I need to come up with a schedule. Even if I did a shelf a month, it'd save the 3 hour process of cleaning out the whole thing in one day.

How big is your fridge freezer for it to take that long? Or even how much stuff do you have crammed into it?

For me, mopping the tiled floors, gotta sweep up, mop then let dry without standing on it. Next the fucking dog will just walk all over it anyway. Everything else is easy as far as chores go.

Amory

How big is your fridge freezer for it to take that long? Or even how much stuff do you have crammed into it?

For me, mopping the tiled floors, gotta sweep up, mop then let dry without standing on it. Next the fucking dog will just walk all over it anyway. Everything else is easy as far as chores go.
Idk it's average size, but we definitely don't do it often enough.

So between taking everything out, taking out all the shelves/drawers, sanitizing them and then putting everything back in it takes forever

Amory

'Murica average?
Storm GIF

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Washing my sheets.

Stripping my bed, washing my sheets, washing my comforter, waiting forever for it all to dry, and then slapping everything back onto my bed can fuck off.

It's not hard, but it is the most tedious. Especially trying to properly fit the sheet onto my 100 ton memory foam mattress on the corners against the wall.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Ironing and folding the laundry. I’ve got it to a point where I’ll do it on a Sunday night while having Netflix play something. Anything.

Not only is it boring, it’s not something you can speed up.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Washing my sheets.

Stripping my bed, washing my sheets, washing my comforter, waiting forever for it all to dry, and then slapping everything back onto my bed can fuck off.

It's not hard, but it is the most tedious. Especially trying to properly fit the sheet onto my 100 ton memory foam mattress on the corners against the wall.
Sheets is where I draw the line, that stuff is getting washed, ironed and cleaned by a professional. I just grab it unpack, change the sheets and drop the old ones rotating the sets.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Dusting and/or vacuuming behind entertainment centers and desks. It seems unnatural how much dust collects back there in just even two weeks.

Cleaning the toilet is a close second. I mean you have to get close to it and stir it all up, even with bleach-enriched cleansers and gloves and a mask you're still very close to where turds and piss (and blood at times) gets drained into daily.

Edit: fridge never bothered me. I wipe it down each night after I clean the kitchen following dinner, so my fridge is never even approaching dirty.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Picking up after my spouse. I hate to say it but man, when they were out the country this year for two weeks the house was immaculate. But it’s like picking up after a family of 5! I don’t know how one person generates so much waste and uncleanliness but growing up we never had this much stuff around the house.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Putting up laundry. I have no problem cleaning it but it ends up in my clean clothes hamper and piles up to a mountain before I can be asked to put it up. Is cooking a proper meal considered a chore? Fuck that too.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I do all the cooking, and all the mowing, and I like those chores. I fold the laundry, and that doesn't bother me. I do not like pulling weeds, but I have my kids do that. I also spray some roundup all over the place. Moving has been a big chore that I haven't cared for. I need to put up and hang stuff that I haven't gotten to yet.

I just do my chores and get it over with....my wife asking for more help is annoying.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I often cook for me and the wife and I hated all the downtime it brings, so I put a Nest Hub Max on the counter next to the cooking plate and now I don't mind at all. Can watch some stupid regular TV on it or cast whatever else.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
This has been a game changer for me:

Swiffer-WetJet-Base-ITB.jpg

81l3alDSryL._AC_SX425_.jpg
my wife likes her Swiffer, but I find them incredibly wasteful and expensive.

I'm a fan of the bona line myself
SED4h74.jpg

washable cloth so you don't have to constantly buy the refills

personally I've found no chore too burdensome if you have a good setup going

Last edited:
Top Bottom