• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Of The Dead Remake - Possibly Coming to Both PS4 and Xbox Very Soon

MiguelItUp

I was excited about this until it seemed like the reception for the Switch version wasn't good. Unless I'm wrong, which could be possible, haha.

ViperZombie

Neo Member
It would be cool if they could get the Sinden Lighgun to work on current gen console's. It might get Sega and Namco to release collections of their old lightgun game's like Time Crisis and Virtua Cop.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Like others have said, PSVR version would be awesome.

If not, I'd be happy to play it in cinematic mode with a move controller. Two player solo with dual move controllers. Feeling like an absolute boss.

Deerock71

Then Switch will lose it's one lone exclusive!
Scared Halloween GIF by Jin

decisions

I always thought a nice workaround would be to use the PS5 gyro and design the game around the controller being held vertically with your pointer finger on R2.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I played it on Switch. It looks good, but it looks like it could have come out looking like this on the GameCube or years ago. There’s no way to look beyond that once you start playing for a decent amount of time. It’s a fun game, just like how it was in the arcades, but it’s also very short. If you’re really wanting to relive HotD then it’s ok. You will probably love it. I would have loved a full blown collection. I have 3 and 4 on PS3 digitally and those are great. A full collection could have been easily worth $40. I have a hard time recommending this Remake. The gyro felt weird, graphics were meh, and it’s super short.

Cool. Don't have a Switch so I would be happy to pick up a Playstation port.

Having no lightgun definitely sucks and really changes the experiene but I survived HotD2 on Dreamcast and HotD3 on Xbox with no lightgun. I can do it again. =P

Last edited:

Shakka43

Hopefully they throw a wild move support out there, if not PC is the only logic choice for this game right now since it is the only option for light guns.

Last edited:

Arthimura

I might grab it if it's indeed getting released on PS.

I have fond memories of playing this game on arcades, but I'm avoiding buying digital games on Switch because of Nintendo's policy with digital games and closing of their online stores. Plus, on PS we can have some trophies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So, a couple of interesting updates for the game are out for respective platforms.

PlayStation version now has support for PS Move:

-

Xbox version has added support to use a mouse on the console:

anthony2690

Banned
So, a couple of interesting updates for the game are out for respective platforms.

[/URL]

-

At this point, I rather they just turn it into typing off the dead and add keyboard support, atleast I'll get some fun out of it then.

These games are just not worth playing without light guns imo.

rofif

Banned
Dont bother people is is beyond terrible.
Just find original one, it works great on pc still

Havoc2049

[/URL]

-

Hell ya, I'm in on the Xbox version. Playing a light gun game with a controller is a horrible experience, but mouse support makes the game very playable.

Game releases on June 14th.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A gun game played with analog sticks or mouse? LOL. No thanks.

Most of the time, gun games are already canned games on rails which is bad to begin with. No gun makes it worse.

Top Bottom