• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami Collection now available for Switch

Mista

Banned
Hotline-Miami-Collection-Switch_08-19-19.jpg

Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Dennaton Games have released Hotline Miami Collection for Switch via the Nintendo eShop. It includes both Hotline Miami and sequel Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number.

Hotline Miami first launched for PC in October 2012, followed by Mac in March 2013, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in June 2013, Linux in September 2013, PlayStation 4 in August 2014, and Android in March 2015. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number first launched for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, PC, Mac, and Linux in March 2015, followed by Android in August 2015.

Gematsu

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
First one was ok. great music
Second one tried too hard to have a story and it was trash

Worth it if it is under 6 bucks

never played 2, might double dip just to experience 1's soundtrack :). playing two would be a bonus. switch is a perfect place for this game. played 1 on the vita and it was magnifique

stranno

If you like Hotline Miami series you should also chek Mr. Shifty, also available on Switch. It is shorter, way easier and the story is not nearly as obscure but gameplay is really cool. It is the Jumper videogame properly done.

18luKlY.gif

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
First time? HM is such a satisfying game indeed. From art, music to gameplay.

I did play it back in the day, loved it but didn’t finish it. That’ll change with Switch! Timing was spot on each year we tour wine yards for a week with friends, and I always seem to be playing an indie game. Last year was Hollow Knight.

Mista

Banned
I did play it back in the day, loved it but didn’t finish it. That’ll change with Switch! Timing was spot on each year we tour wine yards for a week with friends, and I always seem to be playing an indie game. Last year was Hollow Knight.
Have fun in both your tour and HM :)

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'll admit I'd want to try them after it showed up in Travis Strikes Again.

plushyp

Actually I liked 2 more than 1. The story went all out, missions were crazier and the music was amazing.

plushyp

I thought it was too dragged out, some of the narrative missions were a boring chore. It was a little up it's own ass but 1 was intensely perfect.
I feel the exact same way. 2 wouldn't end and was all over the place. 1 was perfection.
Always interesting to hear about different preferences! You both disliked it for the reasons I liked it lol. I didn't like HM1 because it was too insular and super laser focused all the while dropping vague hints about the setting. 2 did suffer from being too big but that was because the Dennaton brothers wanted to end the game with 2. Still, I loved how everything came together in the end with the various characters, plotlines and that explosive (hue) ending.

Gargus

Banned
Eshop only?
Any chance we get a physical release? I try to go physical whenever possible.

Special reserve games had it but it sold out already. I got one when it went live and 3 hours later all 7500 copies were gone.

Limited run games is selling it also but they don't have the cool extras.

Appleprosy

I grabbed the LRG version because it was cheaper, though I hate LRG. This is one of my favorite games ever; had to have it. I think k they sold out. Don't look at eBay.

Ban Puncher

Went with LRG too because it was cheaper than SR and didn't come with a bunch of extra tat I don't need. LRG sold out of their 4000 copies in about 10 minutes.

Top Bottom