• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia

SJRB

Gold Member
In this update we focused on further improving the overall stability of the game and fixing the most common issues that could block progression. Here's what changed:

Quests & Open World
  • Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.
  • Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
  • Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
  • Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
  • Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
  • Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
  • Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
  • Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
  • Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.
  • Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.
  • Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
  • Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.
  • Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
  • Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.
  • Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
  • Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
  • Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.
  • Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.
  • Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
  • Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
  • Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
  • Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
Visual
  • Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.
UI
  • Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
  • Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
  • Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
  • Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
Console-specific
  • Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
Stadia-specific
  • Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.

Once again a large focus on quest-specific issues.

It's 588 mb on GOG, btw.

Last edited:

Arkam

One step closer to earning my money. At this rate I will end up giving them some this fall... maybe. The feedback from those I know who played this on PC has been as thrilling as bath water.

mansoor1980

7fd1edc4fe92b9ced76e1f30ce90121c.gif

I moved on after starting each of the classes and completing the game netrunner style. That was a blast even with all the bugs (Series S) but I’m waiting for some real DLC before diving back in.

I’m glad they’re finally getting some more patches out though. Keep up the hard work guys. I am looking forward to playing this a lot more once the kinks have been worked out and some more content is added.

Kuranghi

I moved on after starting each of the classes and completing the game netrunner style. That was a blast even with all the bugs (Series S) but I’m waiting for some real DLC before diving back in.

I’m glad they’re finally getting some more patches out though. Keep up the hard work guys. I am looking forward to playing this a lot more once the kinks have been worked out and some more content is added.

What were the main things you liked about it? Any little things that made it for you even if you think others might not think those individual things are important?

What were the main things you liked about it? Any little things that made it for you even if you think others might not think those individual things are important?
I liked using the cyberhacks in combat. The story is decent but the characters really come to life for me. I loved the Witcher 3 (after 3 years of not understanding the hype 🤷🏼‍♂️) and I love GTA style games. This is a pretty good mashup of RPG and open world crime combat.

Some of the things I didn’t like. Driving was ok but had a lot of issues between framerate (mostly fixed on series s I think) to just not being fun to drive at times. The cars can be too weighty but also oversteer constantly. Once I got used to it I got better but it never got more fun. Constant glitches. Mainly UI issues like item descriptions and pictures staying on screen after picking up an item. I play with subtitles off but the game would constantly add a subtitle for something an NPC would say and then it would stay on screen until I would restart the game. That was the fix for all of the UI glitches. Thankfully it restarts fast as shit on the xss.

There were a few hard crashes for me early on but those were resolved as far as I can remember within the first couple of patches. I started playing on an X1X before getting the S and it definitely had more crashes and framerate issues. The console upgrade made a huge difference in my experience.

Overall the positive outweighed the negative for me. Good rpg mechanics and I felt like a cybergod with maxed intelligence and legendary cyberhacks. I could walk into a room and kill everyone within 20 seconds without using a weapon or even being detected most of the time.

It sounds like they’re planning on expanding this portion of the game with DLC at some point and I will definitely be playing that character on new game plus if/when they add that in.

Kuranghi

I liked using the cyberhacks in combat. The story is decent but the characters really come to life for me. I loved the Witcher 3 (after 3 years of not understanding the hype 🤷🏼‍♂️) and I love GTA style games. This is a pretty good mashup of RPG and open world crime combat.

Some of the things I didn’t like. Driving was ok but had a lot of issues between framerate (mostly fixed on series s I think) to just not being fun to drive at times. The cars can be too weighty but also oversteer constantly. Once I got used to it I got better but it never got more fun. Constant glitches. Mainly UI issues like item descriptions and pictures staying on screen after picking up an item. I play with subtitles off but the game would constantly add a subtitle for something an NPC would say and then it would stay on screen until I would restart the game. That was the fix for all of the UI glitches. Thankfully it restarts fast as shit on the xss.

There were a few hard crashes for me early on but those were resolved as far as I can remember within the first couple of patches. I started playing on an X1X before getting the S and it definitely had more crashes and framerate issues. The console upgrade made a huge difference in my experience.

Overall the positive outweighed the negative for me. Good rpg mechanics and I felt like a cybergod with maxed intelligence and legendary cyberhacks. I could walk into a room and kill everyone within 20 seconds without using a weapon or even being detected most of the time.

It sounds like they’re planning on expanding this portion of the game with DLC at some point and I will definitely be playing that character on new game plus if/when they add that in.

Ta for taking the time, the noise around the game is pretty loud so now I'm just trying to get peoples anecdotal experiences with it.

I like the Cybergod aspect ha, so does that mean you can apply hacks to anyone pretty much because your INT is so high? You just make everyone shoot themselves, head explode, etc?

It seems like the top 3 things for most people are:

* Variety of approach (Reminds me of MGS V)
* Characters development/portrayl
* Tone and world building

Ta for taking the time, the noise around the game is pretty loud so now I'm just trying to get peoples anecdotal experiences with it.

I like the Cybergod aspect ha, so does that mean you can apply hacks to anyone pretty much because your INT is so high? You just make everyone shoot themselves, head explode, etc?

It seems like the top 3 things for most people are:

* Variety of approach (Reminds me of MGS V)
* Characters development/portrayl
* Tone and world building
Essentially, that’s it. The intelligence build lets you hack anything/one that the game allows of course but this involves a mini game to shutdown certain security systems along with potentially weakening the defenses in general.

I’m definitely excited to see how they can expand on the skills and tools involved in all this overall.

The next character I’m going to build out is going to be more of a gunslinger type so I can explore the handgun skill tree. I tried to go back the other day but I’m pretty rusty and I figure the longer I wait to return the better and fresher it will be.

jaysius

Banned
Good news, it shows they are still hard working and willing to put in the time required. Keep going!
This is fucking backwards, with the kind of shit show the launch of this one was, they were supposed to work THIS HARD or HARDER PRE-LAUNCH.

I don't think this thing will ever be "finished patching" but I think the number of people that actually care about it for real at this point are very very few.

Roni

Gold Member
Ohh, gotta download ASAP. Thanks for the heads up! Pretty beefy list of fixes for a hotfix... The previous ones were more conservative.

This is great and all, but I wish the game came out better so we'd be hearing news about DLC instead of basically hearing how it's gonna take another 3 months at least before we hear any word of it.

Pejo

Full disclosure - I haven't played or bought the game yet. That list of bugfixes seems ridiculously small considering the massive amount of bugs I've seen in various videos and bug compilations. I certainly hope they have a minor bugs team working separately from a "Finish the game" team. If they don't, this game is never going to come out as intended.

Roni

Gold Member
Full disclosure - I haven't played or bought the game yet. That list of bugfixes seems ridiculously small considering the massive amount of bugs I've seen in various videos and bug compilations. I certainly hope they have a minor bugs team working separately from a "Finish the game" team. If they don't, this game is never going to come out as intended.
try this one: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37801/patch-1-2-list-of-changes

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
One step closer to earning my money. At this rate I will end up giving them some this fall... maybe. The feedback from those I know who played this on PC has been as thrilling as bath water.
This fall at <$20 it is!

intbal

All other versions of the game are playable, even if poor.
The base Xbox One version of the game is unplayable. Framerates that regularly fluctuate between 9-19 fps.
CDPR needs to put every other version aside until they have given owners of that console the game they paid money for.
Until then, they're little better than thieves.

bosnianpie

Very satisfying to have the game installed and watch these patches coming in. I'll play it once we get the next gen versions. Most large scale problems should be solved by then.

Traianvs

Yes, at release the game was in a sad state related to bugs but now it's really improved. There are still enormous balance issues but from a narrative and NPC's point of view it's one of the best games I've played in the last few years. I'll gladly replay it again to completion once the dlc will be published

Rathalos

Banned
I really do feel like they'll keep working on it until it's done, I just wish they delayed it a year in the first place. And they should have scrapped the previous-gen versions, they have wasted so much time trying to get the game running on junk hardware when the focus should be on PC and current-gen.

I started my run after 1.2 and it's OK, I haven't had any game-breaking bugs, but plenty of immersion-breaking ones. And the performance is just not good enough, even with my RTX 3080 and 10700KF @ 5.1GHz. The AI is also braindead, often just hiding behind cover doing nothing. It does have good aspects though, the music is banging, the voice acting is solid, the characters are interesting and the setting is cool as fuck. But once again the gameplay isn't great, just like Witcher III, it's serviceable but not super fun, mostly due to the stupid, bullet sponge AI and the weapons lacking any real punch. Oh and I look like a clown, the game desperately needs a transmog feature.

waquzy

Yes, at release the game was in a sad state related to bugs but now it's really improved. There are still enormous balance issues but from a narrative and NPC's point of view it's one of the best games I've played in the last few years. I'll gladly replay it again to completion once the dlc will be published
nah, you are being generous, the game is still flawed in so many ways, no AI, no driving AI, all NPC's have no life whatsoever, the city looks good, but once you realise it's all an illusion, the game is just average and always will be, there will be no comeback eg No Man Sky style. For that CDPR would have to start from ZERO.

Cops now spawn 10 seconds later than before, lol, give me a f**king break.

I haven't been able to test 1.2 out yet. Just loaded up steam to get the hotfix installed and I think I'll put a couple hours into a new game to see if I notice anything major.

I'm assuming the minimap still doesn't auto zoom when driving?

I started my run after 1.2 and it's OK, I haven't had any game-breaking bugs, but plenty of immersion-breaking ones. And the performance is just not good enough, even with my RTX 3080 and 10700KF @ 5.1GHz.
Are you running it at 4k? I get 60+ fps at 1440p with all settings maxed out with a 3080.

Rathalos

Banned
I haven't been able to test 1.2 out yet. Just loaded up steam to get the hotfix installed and I think I'll put a couple hours into a new game to see if I notice anything major.

I'm assuming the minimap still doesn't auto zoom when driving?

Are you running it at 4k? I get 60+ fps at 1440p with all settings maxed out with a 3080.

I get 60+ too, but I play on a 144Hz monitor so 60 isn't really the goal anymore.

Pantz

Gold Member
Seems like the Series X version gets worse with every patch. Unless it's my imagination. Probably automated concessions for the Xbox One. Noticing more texture pop in and it looks like lower NPC textures and seeing new glitches each time like NPC heads kinda twitching out when you stand behind them.

Waiting on next-gen version now to finish my game up.

Top Bottom