• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotel Barcelona availlable on Steeam/PS5/Xbox in 2024

""Hotel Barcelona," where serial killers from all over the United States are said to have gathered. You must defeat them and check out before all the blood is spilled.
Japanese game creators SWERY65 and SUDA51 have teamed up to create this ambitious work.

Availlable on STEAM/Xbox/PS5 in 2024!
Don't miss it for sure!!!

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
It's pronounced Barthelona.

Mike Tyson Smile GIF

GHG

Looks like a rogue-lite game?

This title has a strange history to say the least:

Hotel Barcelona was first announced during an IGN livestream in October 2019, during which it was revealed that the title was thought up 30 minutes before the two game designers went live. Among other details, Suda51 and Swery announced that it would be published by Devolver Digital. Shortly thereafter, Devolver replied to a Tweet that had shared that information, and seemed to indicate that this was the first they had heard of their involvement (but they were open to talking about it).

Devolver has since replied to Suda51's latest Tweet asking him to "Prove it."

For what it's worth, all of this or none of this could be in earnest. It's possible that Devolver was involved from the start with a game that Suda51 and Swery had titled well in advance of its announcement. Maybe the game's story comments on the nature of truth, and the development chaos is a guerilla marketing strategy. Or maybe not, and Suda51 just has the clout to do what he wants and isn't afraid to flaunt it. It's very possible that no one will know until the game presumably sees the light of day in 2021.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Business

As an a Snapiard (from Barcelona) I can guarantee you that it is pronounced as "Barthelona" ins Spanish and "Barçalona" in catalán.
Barcelona is a Catalan city and so the city’s historic and official name is as I posted phonetically in Catalan language.

Killer8

I'm sorry but after all of the build-up, this looks like shit. Swery hasn't made a good game since D4 and this is like something b-side Grasshopper would make.

Top Bottom