• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Take: RDR2 HDR Looks Incredible

Moses85

Its literally broken. Every scene looks washed out. I took some pics when it came out.

HDR:
IvC3Rew.jpg

SDR:
9kUcAMe.jpg
Thought this is Zelda TP

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

Kuranghi

It looks good because HDR sets your backlight to max, just do that for the SDR signal and you'll have a brighter image but more dynamic than the HDR output.

proandrad

RDR2 HDR is objectively NOT broken anymore. Unless you think DigitalFoundry are liars and have no clue what they're doing.

I used to be a big fan. But as of late I feel their content hasn't been up to par with their earlier analysis. For example, I feel they overlooked a lot of negatives in their H:FW analysis.

Stafford

It's a very odd one.

When it comes to beautiful sunlight effects shining through trees or on riverbeds, yes absolutely. Or when walking through Valentine, seeing the sunshine on the mud, it looks great.

But other things I can't get to look right in HDR. Foliage can look downright artificial, just wrong, while way more realistic in SDR. What's more, say goodbye to actual good black levels, nighttime in SDR is proper dark, way too bright in HDR. It's a shame because with actually 100% proper HDR this be amazing.

Thirty7ven

Banned
It’s a weird case. Game mode certainly looks more colorful, but the default HDR makes the game look a lot more realistic.

Top Bottom