• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizontally or Vertically? [PS5]

Vertically or Horizontally?

• PS5 - Vertically

Votes: 84 32.1%
  • PS5 - Horizontally

Votes: 135 51.5%
  • Digital Edition - Horizontally

Votes: 35 13.4%
  • Digital Edition - Vertically

Votes: 36 13.7%

• Total voters

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Vertically or Horizontally?

B01KbFX.gif

Banned
doggy style,

I will make the ps5 stand vertically then XseX (if I get it free somewhere) lay horizontally then place it next to each other with ps5 front touching XseX base

Vertical for me.

The design of the console is too elegant and beautifully curvy to be hidden laying down.

Do people actually use vertical orientations? I've never owned an entertainment center that would accommodate that.
I place my PS4 Pro vertically. Just so i can hide it behind my TV but found that i'm blocking one of the side vents so placed it horizontally a few days ago and noticed its a little quieter than normal.
Hate the Pro's fan noise man. Fucking drives me nuts.

I always go horizontal. With PS5 I'm going vertical.
You're disgusting.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, do you have a choice? Isn't it meant to be standing up so that it doesn't fucking melt?

Captn

Horizontally for the simple fact that ceiling dust would accumulate into the air holes on the top if put vertically.

WOOF

i thought the design would grow on me a little

nope

look at this, this is an actual router and it looks cooler

5f86885820a767c53aa2fe8bbf90ffb5.jpg

Come on. Just stop it already. That tiny thing is not going to dissipate the kind of heat generated by the PS5, nor is it anywhere near the power of the PS5.

GenericUser

Vertically, seems as if it is designed to be placed that way. Talking about the airflow specifically, I can see the openings on "top" of the console. Probably going to be cooler that way, I hope so at least.

Bankai

RCU005 RCU005 Maybe you could add the estimated dimensions in de first post? I would like to place it horizontaly, but it might not fit in my cabinet.

Hostile_18

Banned
I think it comes down to the tastes of each one. I for one don't like one bit the Xbox Series design. If I had one it would go to where my subwoffer currently is and I wouldn't even notice the difference.

I'm not saying PS5 design is perfect, I struggle with that optical drive location, but it looks much more like a console than XSX.

If I went vertical that's where I'd consider putting mine but is that a good idea? I'm sure the instructions said not to have a PC or anything next to a sub? Honestly it would be an impossible fit vertically in most people's cabinets, especially when you take into consideration air flow at the top.

BlackM1st

Banned
V. This POS SauronEYETower lookalike will be a nice stand for my Eric Cartman figurine. Maybe put mini Watcher from Horizon beneath it too. Shit is fugly, ugghhhh

Rayderism

Originally, I figured it would be vertical, but I think it will be too tall for that in my setup. I think I'll be forced to go horizontal and set my PS2 slim on top of it. As there doesn't appear to be any vents on the sides of the PS5, I think that probably won't hurt anything.

Top Bottom