• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Next Gen PS5 60FPS Update Gameplay (4K)

kyliethicc

Wukong is just a trailer. Game comes out in 2023
kyliethicc kyliethicc I don't have my saves.. do I need to finish main game first before dlc ?
You should finish the main game before the DLC yes, it's designed to be challenging for level 30 players (the highest level Aloy can be.)

Not sure if its required or just recommended, though.

and skit_data skit_data yes it has new game plus, and ultra hard mode.

The Frozen Wilds on Ultra Hard New Game Plus is very tough. Enjoy.

I hope uc4 gets a patch but I wonder if ND even wants to acknowledge the game with how fruity they are.
They'll probably either patch it later or do a remaster port collection for PS5.

Sony said its going to PC so maybe they'll do it around the same time or after.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's gameplay and the best snow in a game shown.
It's gameplay my ass until I play it myself.
The game is rumored to be 2 years away so I would be wary of judging a game by it's promise.
For now, the best snow is as above, horizon, god of war, snowrunner etc
edit: Oh and don't get me wrong. Wukong snow is the best of course. It will probably be standard ue5 feature

Last edited:

skit_data

Nice, now I can lap up the last trophies in The Frozen Wilds. Already platinumed the base game, but I’ve got a few quests and collectibles left in the DLC.

Hmmm, can’t remember if this game has NG+? Does it?

Last edited:
It's gameplay my ass until I play it myself.
The game is rumored to be 2 years away so I would be wary of judging a game by it's promise.
For now, the best snow is as above, horizon, god of war, snowrunner etc
Nowhere did anyone say of released games. And of those games I hadn't played God of war, but I'd give it to snow runner cause of its larger impact.

Corndog

Banned
There's clearly something wrong with the cutscenes, animation isnt synced correctly (especially lips) and to me it looks like artificial speed up. Personally I dont care about cutscenes that much, but such big AAA game should have perfect 60fps implementation on PS5, and anything less is not good.
Do you have a video showing the problems? Thanks.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nowhere did anyone say of released games. And of those games I hadn't played God of war, but I'd give it to snow runner cause of its larger impact.
True. No one said it has to be released but I am skeptical recently. Been burned too many times. It does look amazing of course.

Btw - I only have 1 screenshot of god of war snow from my old ps4 slim. Need to replay 4k60 on ps5... but hdr looks weird. Clouds are reddish. something is wrong
bI1QvmM.png

True. No one said it has to be released but I am skeptical recently. Been burned too many times. It does look amazing of course.

Btw - I only have 1 screenshot of god of war snow from my old ps4 slim. Need to replay 4k60 on ps5... but hdr looks weird. Clouds are reddish. something is wrong
bI1QvmM.png
Oh that does look nice. I'll have to watch a good quality video to really judge, but that does look very nice.

I hear ya about being disappointed. I don't know why but I've had a good feeling about this since it was originally shown.

Flutta

Banned
Already got the plat for this game. Havent played the DLC yet. Can you jump right in to the DLC or do you have to play the whole main game first?

GymWolf

and god of war snow
Didn't really liked that, it looks kinda like white sand to me, it lack corposity for lack of better words, when aloy walk on snow his entire walk animation system change and you feel her struggle.

I forgot DS snow but it's just frozen wild snow on decima tbh.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Didn't really liked that, it looks kinda like white sand to me, it lack corposity for lack of better words, when aloy walk on snow his entire walk animation system change and you feel her struggle.

I forgot DS snow but it's just frozen wild snow on decima tbh.
Oh right. Death stranding snow is also great

GymWolf

Oh right. Death stranding snow is also great
we are still so far away from stuff like this (that is still not perfect)

For every graphical aspect that involves physics, the diminishing return narrative doens't apply for shit, we are still light years away from reality.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

This game is still gorgeous to this day, played a few hours yesterday and I feel bad I didn't play it earlier.

60fps is a nice bonus though, game controls well, but camera has a mind of its own at times, needs an option to stick to whatever angle I leave it at.

Orion2

Banned
I find it hard to go back at this game with its orange tint after seeing the sharp clear image of Forbidden West

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Can someone with the tech knowledge please tell why Pop-in is so noticeable in games that received a 60fps patch? It's super obvious in Last of us 2, Shadow of the tomb raider and now HZD. And I'm not the only one noticing that. Gotta be a technical reason for that.
It stands out bad to me now. I can't recall it being this bad but it has been a while since I last played. From what I remember on the Pro there are two modes. They have gone with the less detailed mode (framerate mode). Why can't they leave us with a choice.

Stuart360

Just started a new playthrough last night on PC and i'm not going to lie, i have barely noticed any pop in, even in the distance. I am using supposedly higher than PS4 settings though, and i guess the PS5 version is just the PS4 version with a 60fps mode added.

Shmunter

It stands out bad to me now. I can't recall it being this bad but it has been a while since I last played. From what I remember on the Pro there are two modes. They have gone with the less detailed mode (framerate mode). Why can't they leave us with a choice.
No way they didn’t go with the top mode. If that wasn’t the case, they wouldn’t have remove the option.

The clarity of 60fps just makes any flaws easier to spot. That’s all it would be.

In all honesty, I haven’t noticed anything jarring thus far myself. Looks great.

Rea

Ps5 version is ps4pro high resolution mode with 60fps, there is no reason for player to choose high frame rate mode so they disabled it.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Ps5 version is ps4pro high resolution mode with 60fps, there is no reason for player to choose high frame rate mode so they disabled it.
You maybe right but all I remember is when I downloaded it a few months ago I switched between the modes and the pop in was a lot more in one mode more than the other and I thought what's the point as framerate was solid in both modes.
They may have disabled mode select if they have gone framerate mode as high rez might have been a bit to much.
Again I'm not saying I'm right but it was a bit of a eye opener for me.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I
No way they didn’t go with the top mode. If that wasn’t the case, they wouldn’t have remove the option.

The clarity of 60fps just makes any flaws easier to spot. That’s all it would be.

In all honesty, I haven’t noticed anything jarring thus far myself. Looks great.
I suppose it depends where you are in the game. I'm in a pretty flat landscape and to me they stood out.
I remember objects used to blend in a bit at a time which ain't too bad but now I'm seeing trees pop right in at a guess 40 ft in front of me about 6 inches in height on a 55" tv.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Man, trying to play the Frozen Wilds expansion but it’s kicking my ass, it’s been too long since I played the game and there are so many systems and weapon choices it’s overwhelming. Maybe my kit and levels sucks too, not sure which save I used etc.

There really should have been a reset for the expansion. Or some high grade gear etc.

Edit: no way to play this, I’m getting hit with elite level robot beasts and I may as well be Burt Reynolds in Deliverance.

This is a restarter for sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom