• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn looks absolutely incredible on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Large FOV, massive draw distance and some very detailed foliage makes a huge difference. Massive leap over the console version I played on PS5 a few weeks ago.

Yes, it seems to be modded but the difference is gigantic. Just bought it on Epic for $15.

Frankly, every console game needs to ship with a FOV slider. Only First person shooters do it nowadays and TLOU2 lets you put the camera back a little bit, but this footage shows just how much having a large FOV really adds to the atmosphere.

Is this the game as is? Or is this a mod community thing.
When it launched in such a bad state on PC I stopped caring but looks like things have been fixed and then some.

Fuz

Banned
Large FOV, massive draw distance and some very detailed foliage makes a huge difference. Massive leap over the console version I played on PS5 a few weeks ago.

Yes, it seems to be modded but the difference is gigantic. Just bought it on Epic for $15.

Frankly, every console game needs to ship with a FOV slider. Only First person shooters do it nowadays and TLOU2 lets you put the camera back a little bit, but this footage shows just how much having a large FOV really adds to the atmosphere.

Which mods and where can I get them? Actually looks I can try the game now.

Saucy Papi

Seriously. I beat it on PS4 Pro and playing it at 1440p@60 on ultra settings completely blows it away. I expect the same for God of War next month.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Oh wow - I'm surprised by the fact, that a modern computer can output a better quality picture of a pc-ported game than a console playing a 4+ year old game without a next-gen update.
that BIG leap is honestly a Cerny PS5 BC wrong design and Sony greed fault (who doesn't seem interested in preserving old games and want you to buy remasters and remakes)

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Looks great, the frame rate is pretty low in this video though isn't it?

What I wouldn't give for a World of Warcraft or Zelda game at that quality... :messenger_fearful:

drotahorror

Crushed contrast, fish eye fov, over sharpening, ig filter.
yep it’s a crap reshade mod. Thank god some of these guys are not developers

What's worse is people like the video in OP, charge money for a Reshade config. Dude's got a patreon and everything.

Pretty much every single reshade I've seen is shit, and definitely the ones that dude makes in his videos. I think he tries to sell Ray tracing reshades as well for older games.

They say don't knock someone's hustle but people that sell reshade configs are lame.

TheStam

This game at ultrawide is great looking now with DLSS. Grass shimmering is finally gone.

I don't play ultra wide, but DLSS seems to remove a lot of shimmering? I just checked it out in the benchmark the other day but DLSS Quality mode seemed to look a lot better than native res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom