• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West |OT| Red Head Redemption - II -

cormack12

Gold Member
///////// This was a collaborative effort with mortal mortal contributing some of those awesome gifs, so be sure to like their offer of help here too!! \\\\\\\\\\

pNHppK3.jpg

wQyoooY.jpg

nfvHFdr.jpg

wuXPIHM.gif
a1bz9EF.gif

pv0n8yg.png

eMasEdT.png
Machines-clawstrider-C-700.gif

eMasEdT.png
Machines-tremortusk-700-UPDATED.gif

eMasEdT.png
Machines-slitherfang-700.gif

eMasEdT.png
Machines-shellsnapper-700.gif

eMasEdT.png
Machines-claberjaw-700.gif

eMasEdT.png
Machines-sunwing-700.gif

eMasEdT.png
Machines-burrower-700.gif

eMasEdT.png
Machines-tideripper-700.gif

eMasEdT.png
Machines-rollerback-B-700.gif

WEAPONS.png

QYOMEc6.png

51418592982_0b2e494f65_h.jpg

• Horizon Forbidden West (Digital) PS4 and PS5 versions
  • 2 Special Outfits (Carja Behemoth Elite and Nora Thunder Elite)
  • 2 Special Weapons (Carja Behemoth Short Bow and Nora Thunder Sling)
  • In-game Resources Pack including ammunition, potions, and travel packs
  • In-game Apex Clawstrider Machine Strike Piece
  • Exclusive Photo Mode pose and face paint
  • Digital Art Book
  • Digital Soundtrack
  • Digital Version of The Sunhawk, the first Horizon Zero Dawn graphic novel

51419592093_13c6eb6768_h.jpg

Next up is the Special Edition, a gorgeous SteelBook with a physical disc copy for either PS4 or PS5, which also features the digital soundtrack (via voucher), as well as a mini art book. LIMITED.

51420317655_acbc5587dd_h.jpg

• Horizon Forbidden West SteelBook Display Case
    • Download code for the game will be supplied via voucher in the box.
  • A custom sculpted Tremortusk and Aloy statue
    • Statues will require some assembly; detailed instructions will be provided with the box!
  • Mini Art Book
  • Exclusive Photo Mode pose and face paint
  • Digital Soundtrack

51420101039_3369ee8a77_h.jpg

• Horizon Forbidden West SteelBook Display Case
    • Download code for the game will be supplied via voucher in the box.
  • A Regalla-themed, custom sculpted Tremortusk and Aloy statue
    • Statues will require some assembly; detailed instructions will be provided with the box!
  • Replica Focus and custom stand
  • 2 Art Print Cards
  • Replica Sunwing and Clawstrider Machine Physical Strike Pieces
  • Mini Art Book
  • Canvas Map
  • Exclusive Photo Mode poses and face paints
  • Digital Soundtrack

Kuranghi

Is there a GAF discord voice channel where we can do impressions of Aloy until it comes out? I'm too excited.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Video Games Ps4 GIF by PlayStation

Nice OT

This game is making me very close to preordering. I already broke my “no preorder” policy for Elden ring next week as I want those stickers and patch in the launch edition. This looks incredible. Decima is an unbelievable engine.

Too many good games all coming together
now. Not sure how I am going to fit all these games in! Nice problem to have.

Edit: caved and bought this and GT7 digitally, got £100 credit for £85 online so worked out not too bad price wise. Really damn annoying that I cannot preload the PS5 version. I ordered the PS4 version as it is £10 cheaper, they should just give the PS5 upgrade now rather than after launch. Silly implementation by Sony.

Last edited:

Tg89

Game looks fantastic. Was watching Cohh play this morning...originally wanted to hold off until after Elden Ring, but might bite this weekend.

Bartski

Gold Member
I don't remember when was the last time I was this hyped for a game and had to put it off...

It just looks too good man, to rush through it trying to squeeze in time that I don't have the next couple of days and likely leave it unfinished when Elden Ring lands next Friday... First world problem right but that would totally kill my vibe.

Have fun guys! I'll be bumping this thread sometime in late March when I can give it the attention it deserves.

I played the PS4 version for several hours today (I haven't bothered to try and hunt down a PS5). I'm actually quite surprised at how good it looks and runs on this old system. It's a very noticeable step up from the first game, in every way. Robo-creature animation is wild! Cutscenes are a generation ahead. The world detail is stunning.

It lacks the super detail, resolution and effects from the PS5 version obviously, but it's not shabby on PS4. Don't hold back on this version if you don't have a PS5. It's well worth playing.

Pejo

The first one wasn't my favorite game, but it had potential. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see impressions and to see if they fixed my issues (too much back and forth traveling for side quests, janky animations during conversations, awful melee combat).

Great OT title, OP.

Fools idol

Banned
holy shit, you can ride the fucking...

Flying avatar like things!
So good!

Last edited:

Twinblade

Video Games Ps4 GIF by PlayStation

Nice OT

This game is making me very close to preordering. I already broke my “no preorder” policy for Elden ring next week as I want those stickers and patch in the launch edition. This looks incredible. Decima is an unbelievable engine.

Too many good games all coming together
now. Not sure how I am going to fit all these games in! Nice problem to have.

Edit: caved and bought this and GT7 digitally, got £100 credit for £85 online so worked out not too bad price wise. Really damn annoying that I cannot preload the PS5 version. I ordered the PS4 version as it is £10 cheaper, they should just give the PS5 upgrade now rather than after launch. Silly implementation by Sony.
There's a snake machine? Fuck me, im going to have nightmares.

Last edited:

Rockman33

Don’t forget if your a PS5 owner buy the PS4 version and save yourself $10! Free upgrade for it.

Having said that it’s ridiculous they have a $70 version when it’s literally the same thing as the $60.

Larxia

I have a little question to the people who played it already.
Is it now possible to sleep / pass the time somehow? This is what bothered me the most in the first game, you couldn't pass the time or sleep at camps, and the day night cycle was pretty quick, so it always felt like playing at night, it was really annoying and I really wish they allowed you to use campfire to sleep until morning, since some story missions actually did that...
I always felt in a rush to explore a new area during daylight before it was dark.

TrebleShot

Just sharing thoughts from my first impressions from other threads also.

It’s quite simply jaw dropping the detail and visuals this is truly next gen.

saintjules

Nice work OP!

Just finishing up dinner and gonna play for a few more hours. Performance mode is the way to go for me and it's not all that bad on the OLED.

Kind of torn because resolution mode is great. Just that 30fps is so jarring.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just preoredered the PS4 edition. Now to wait until midnight just to kick off the download. I am hoping 90 GB download in 2 hours so i can at least play at 2AM.

Top Bottom