• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Evolving Aloy (new character model and visual updates)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is also her:

MV5BMGI3NzdiM2UtMDA1NC00MzY4LThiZDctYzFhZjUyYzQ1ZjBiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzEwNzc0Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Make up, light and angle do wonders to make someone "gooder-looking". All three looks fine to me, none of them looks "more mainly" than the other. She's so hot tho like holy mama
I’d Slytherin that.

DrAspirino

Banned
This is a common thing for any console. For the first few years of its life, there will be a lot of ports and dual releases until the new platform gains a sizeable population which neither the PS5 or Xbox Series X/S have yet. Comes with the territory of *every* new console launch.

More common this generation given the lack of easily noticeable graphical fidelity/power between platforms.
Exactly. Those are my thoughts too. The thing is that Jimbo blatantly LIED and vilified the competition for denying what you, I, and everyone else within the gaming world knows: cross-gen is a thing.

I'm not mad at Sony or Microsoft or heck, even Nintendo for doing cross-gen games. It's the rational thing to do. What I'm mad about is how Jimbo lied about "believing in generations" while knowing full well that all the PlayStation "heavy-hitters" (GT7, H: FW, God of War 2, Spiderman Miles Morales) were developed for PS4 and PS5 FROM DAY ONE.

My complain has absolutely nothing to do with the game, but a lot to do with Jimbo and his lying ass.

Rayderism

The only thing about Aloy I didn't like was that hair style. I mean, think about it for a sec, she doesn't look bad at all for a woman with no make-up on. I know quite a few women who look hot with make-up on, but remove the make-up and they look much worse than Aloy.

Nickolaidas

Banned
The only thing about Aloy I didn't like was that hair style. I mean, think about it for a sec, she doesn't look bad at all for a woman with no make-up on. I know quite a few women who look hot with make-up on, but remove the make-up and they look much worse than Aloy.
Really? I love her hair, honestly.

tommib

yea, you folks seem to be experts in this shit like the reeeee bunch. You know about this a lot, as usual =)
So what nose or chin we going to measure today to show a deep state agenda is going on?

reeeeeeeeee ^ lol

Agreed.

Basically another reeee's white male with shirt tucked in MUST mean agenda, is another anti-reee's purple hair means agenda, chin size means agenda lol

Its like.....the fuck? Where the fuck do people get this dumbass shit? Basically, nothing is allowed in games. One side cries when a guy dies in a game, it must be an agenda, nother group cries when a female dies in a game as it MUST be an agenda against females.

I say...fuck em. Let them cry over chins and shirts tucked in as some secret meaning to some shit. Watch at some point people start arguing that what side someone is facing in the box art is a secret deep state agenda.

2x2jm9.jpg

Agreed. This idea is normal that they support past gen systems as Sony is literally known for that. PS2 released and still had PS1 games coming out, PS3 came out and PS2 had God Of War 2 release, PS4 came out and GT6 and The Last Of Us where still put out on PS3, even titles like Resogun came out on PS3, so the idea that they'd support PS4 after PS5's release isn't really shocking or some conspiracy.

They've done that in the past, thus I see zero evidence that some plan existed to just ignore PS4 the day PS5 came out.

Like.....zero. I see more claims about this more then any solid, factual evidence. So it sounds to me like people WANT that quote to mean that, more then anything the quote is actually truly saying.

I agree, but I wouldn't waste much time with this one, anything is an agenda apparently. I'm convinced you literally can just remake a Greek Mythology in modern times about any of the heroines and they'll argue its REALLY a agenda.

No one is allowed in games to them. Aloy not allowed to be heavier, no chins allowed to be bigger then a certain size lol

I don't know how any of this fucking shit works for them tbh. They going to end up telling you that if a character even looks in a certain direction long enough....its a SIGN of something. Watch.
Now that’s a post of the year. ❤️

yurinka

I havent check the historical rabbit hole of data to verify, but hasnt Sony’s support been generally limited to about the first year of the new console's release? And by that i mean 1st party games not the hardware or services support.

From what i recall, Sony definitely continues to sell precious gen hardware for years, but their direct software support generally dries up much earlier. 3rd parties on the other hand tend to release games slightly longer especially shovelware titles playing the numbers game.

Dont get me wrong i know it makes since to still target the PS4 market, however, games like The Last of Us were already years into development for PS3 and release a few months before PS4 released. Much in the same way of Ghost of Tsushima.

Hopefully GT7, Horizon and God of Ware are the last cross gen games. Otherwise we are looking at a short (4 years tops) gen that focuses solely on PS5 games. By the time it ends the PS6 crossover will occur.

I believe Ryan's plan is to see at least 2 games per IP release for the generation though. I think he wants to cut down on development time and make use of engines and tools already created. HFW and God of War I think are the early Inclinations of this. I assume its much quicker to use the assets of the previous gen to make a sequal instead of starting from scratch on a new engine.

Im sure we'll see 2 Wolverines and 2 Spidermans (not including DLC) this gen, along with whatever other IPs Sony releases.
Regarding 1st party games they've been mostly focused to 1 year, or maybe 2. But they secured 3rd party games beyond that, and they kept selling consoles during more than 3 years after the release of its successor.

Obviously the games output is smaller than before the release of the successor. What makes this intergenerational transition is the BC easing and cheapening to make crossgen games, plus PS4 still having an insane active userbase after the release of its successor with around 80M MAU. Notice the difference between 80M consoles sold and 80M active ones every month, so buying games/DLC/IAP and paying subscriptions like PS Plus.

Jimbo said they were going to charge $10 for next gen upgrade for their games released after Horizon instead of directly mentioning GoWR and GT7, so maybe there is some other more coming. Remember that they have unannounced games that started to be developed in 2018, before they knew the final PS5 specs, before its hardware existed, before they had devkits and before they and an engine ready for PS5. So these games pretty likely will be crossgen too unless they are for PSVR2.

So as I remember, these games that started in 2018 or before so would be candidate to be crossgen would be the secret games from Guerrilla, London Studio, Firesprite, Firewalk, SSM or (if published by Sony) Arrowhead. Sony AAA games typically took 4-6 years to be developed so we could see these projects being released 2022-2024, and maybe adding a covid delay could be released 2023-2025. And this is without considering that over time AAA game dev time increases.

So I think we'll see more crossgen games being announced and released very likely until 2023 or even 2024, and who knows if we even get some 2025 one (but I think that they may drop the PS4 versions for games being released in 2024 or later).

Sony is growing their internal studios and hiring new ones to increase their output of games, and are experimenting with making some of their AAA games shorter like Morales or Ratchet to reduce the insane budgets and dev times. So I think it's hard to predict how many games we'll see from each IP this generation, it will depend of how many games this studio can make at the same time.

Because if AAA keep growing and their development too it can become longer than the current 4-6 years. And if they release a console every 7 years and keep supporting it for 10-12 years with a single team working on each IP will be hard to release two games in the same generation unless they released one of these two games close to the launch window.

I mean, consider that if not delayed the Spider-Man 1 team will release Spider-Man 2 in 2023 and the Morales team Wolverine in let's say 2024 or 2025 (Insomniac also has the Ratchet and VR people to release more stuff). If you add let's say 5 years more for their next projects let's say Spider-Man 3 would be in 2028 and Wolverine 2 in 2029-2030. If Sony keeps releasing a new console every 7 years, they would release PS6 in 2027. So these games would be late crossgen or PS6 only games.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Exactly. Those are my thoughts too. The thing is that Jimbo blatantly LIED and vilified the competition for denying what you, I, and everyone else within the gaming world knows: cross-gen is a thing.

I'm not mad at Sony or Microsoft or heck, even Nintendo for doing cross-gen games. It's the rational thing to do. What I'm mad about is how Jimbo lied about "believing in generations" while knowing full well that all the PlayStation "heavy-hitters" (GT7, H: FW, God of War 2, Spiderman Miles Morales) were developed for PS4 and PS5 FROM DAY ONE.

My complain has absolutely nothing to do with the game, but a lot to do with Jimbo and his lying ass.

Who gives a flying shit what Jim says? If you are honestly looking at anyone in positions such as that for truth and transparency, you are out of your mind.

They lie, they manipulate, they try to do damage control. Focus on what is actually happening and less about what some dumbass CEO has to say. They are not your friend. They don't give a shit about you. All they want is more money. Doesn't matter who it is or what company they are from, that is reality.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Cascina-Caradonna-Dina.jpg

Sometimes they just mess with the proportions.
5j6hyxzkcofy.jpg

This one was criminal.

I'm not sure either change matters all that much.

Both were stylized and altered based on what they artist is going for as not all are seeking a carbon copy.

Even the Mass Effect one being stylized hardly matters if you consider you make, create etc the character anyway. That factor alone makes it not THAT bad, no one needs to stay with the default in that respect. I'd also give them a pass on being forced to use FrostBite, nothing wrong with the engine, something wrong with forcing a team to work on it that doesn't know how or isn't as good as DICE etc. I'd never say the team doesn't know what they are doing or just did a bad job etc, this square falls on EA trying to force an engine on the team.

I don't even know why they went with that weird style in Mass Effect in the first place as......the series doesn't really look like that on that past gen stuff so I don't get why they aimed for that this time, maybe the issues they had they felt going with this style was safer or something, who knows.

Maybe they felt it if you make those characters, how the default marketing looks is irrelevant so they were open to just do that or something. Its hard to say. So I give em a pass on the whole Fugly situation lol, as they had lots of issues I can't solely just blame the team on.

Doom85

Cascina-Caradonna-Dina.jpg

Sometimes they just mess with the proportions.
5j6hyxzkcofy.jpg

This one was criminal.

I mean, the first one isn’t unreasonable since it’s 25 years into an apocalypse and I imagine her makeup and hair salon options are limited. Last of Us Part 2 made by The CW I’m sure would have kept the actress looking exactly the same and it would be dumb AF.

I’ve not played that Mass Effect yet but I assume the player character commands the ship and the actress’ look doesn’t strike me as fitting (too young looking) so I see why they changed it. Sure, the result wasn’t great, but can’t you customize your look like in 1-3?

Debra Wilson in Jedi: Fallen Order was the worst. Her eyes are perfectly normal IRL, so why alter her to where they seem to be practically popping out?

EDMIX

Debra Wilson in Jedi: Fallen Order was the worst. Her eyes are perfectly normal IRL, so why alter her to where they seem to be practically popping out?

They was like "we wanted to go with a Jar Jar Binks appeal"

lol

Maybe its just how its stylized. Its hard to say. When doing stuff like that it makes sense to cartoon and stylize a bit as you are making a character of them vs them 100% carbon copy. Maybe the tech just isn't there to get all to those little details and it needed to be exaggerated a bit

Jack Uzi

Banned
I mean, the first one isn’t unreasonable since it’s 25 years into an apocalypse and I imagine her makeup and hair salon options are limited. Last of Us Part 2 made by The CW I’m sure would have kept the actress looking exactly the same and it would be dumb AF.

I’ve not played that Mass Effect yet but I assume the player character commands the ship and the actress’ look doesn’t strike me as fitting (too young looking) so I see why they changed it. Sure, the result wasn’t great, but can’t you customize your look like in 1-3?

Lest we forget the food and livestock is not a problem in TLOU’s apocalypse.

abbyARMS.jpg

tZFYBGAfBkkagE0SLyAghr9-z376MrCFarxORCHpMYBIJO2msS0p8fFFdFY4lk_wbutlE-tvHFxbqHedB82_aEFTLjnIks6cuZBOuMtE0jOGXGbxAdTe0JG-ohHQfprmB1nWRDeW74GdU6fLoVgVwg2Oxbh6Silcf8NhNWI7A0kjsSow1jk7zCdHEdEocg

Abby started in the apocalypse slender around the same time her Dad got deep six’d.

Male Ryder in Andromeda looks very close to his Face Model.

Annnnd yes for real those big bug eyes they gave her were distracting I didn’t know whether her character was a cross breed between a human and alien.

Doom85

Lest we forget the food and livestock is not a problem in TLOU’s apocalypse.

abbyARMS.jpg

tZFYBGAfBkkagE0SLyAghr9-z376MrCFarxORCHpMYBIJO2msS0p8fFFdFY4lk_wbutlE-tvHFxbqHedB82_aEFTLjnIks6cuZBOuMtE0jOGXGbxAdTe0JG-ohHQfprmB1nWRDeW74GdU6fLoVgVwg2Oxbh6Silcf8NhNWI7A0kjsSow1jk7zCdHEdEocg

Abby started in the apocalypse slender around the same time her Dad got deep six’d.

Male Ryder in Andromeda looks very close to his Face Model.

Annnnd yes for real those big bug eyes they gave her were distracting I didn’t know whether her character was a cross breed between a human and alien.

I do find it frustrating that so many people obsessed over the low possibility of Abby having apparently a generous access to the food she would need to get that strong, yet one can’t help notice that when the first game released barely anyone mentioned that it was nonsensical that the character most obsessed with staying safe (Bill) was easily the heaviest. Sure, I could see his partner leaving him causing a temporary slip up in managing his weight, but only for so long and also given it’s clear how physically active Bill was every day, constantly checking his large area of land for traps and such, that it’s a massive stretch to believe he’d wind up getting that overweight.

Not putting that on you, just felt it was a double standard on the fandom’s part as a whole. But that’s how it goes. An earlier entry that’s highly praised will have any inconsistencies ignored but a more divisive entry will have people arguing over minor details as if they’re major plot points when they’re not.

Okay, Abby’s strong. Whatever, gasoline shouldn’t be working the way it does either, I don’t mind these inconsistencies in a world where mushroom zombies exist.

Last edited:

Jack Uzi

Banned
Doom85 Doom85 Sorry I’m on mobile, quoting and formatting is a nightmare.

Very well said, the virus skipped the animals in TLoU’s apocalypse. They are able to eat just fine as long as they can hunt well just like now…quite literally.

Bill was well fed, well stocked and well equipped to take care of himself, it was only him in his neighbourhood.
But yeah he was covering large areas so he should’ve been losing some weight on the way.

With regards to Aloy, has she gained weight or not? It doesn’t matter, they definitely changed up her face from the original model and first game. But those silly chubby face memes people riff off of I still maintain is a camera lens type thing or perspective. Maybe they’ll change it for the next time we see the game. They’re known to do this.
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I do find it frustrating that so many people obsessed over the low possibility of Abby having apparently a generous access to the food she would need to get that strong, yet one can’t help notice that when the first game released barely anyone mentioned that it was nonsensical that the character most obsessed with staying safe (Bill) was easily the heaviest. Sure, I could see his partner leaving him causing a temporary slip up in managing his weight, but only for so long and also given it’s clear how physically active Bill was every day, constantly checking his large area of land for traps and such, that it’s a massive stretch to believe he’d wind up getting that overweight.

Not putting that on you, just felt it was a double standard on the fandom’s part as a whole. But that’s how it goes. An earlier entry that’s highly praised will have any inconsistencies ignored but a more divisive entry will have people arguing over minor details as if they’re major plot points when they’re not.

Okay, Abby’s strong. Whatever, gasoline shouldn’t be working the way it does either, I don’t mind these inconsistencies in a world where mushroom zombies exist.

Except the issue wasn't just the food. It was the amount of exercise needed, the very strict food diet that was required, and the copious amounts of drug supplements. None of which was shown to be plausible in the world that was created with the first game.

Bill was explained even back in the day. The guy had nearly the *entire* town trapped. He could go anywhere he wanted with relative freedom. He had more food, especially fatty, high carb, high salt food. You can see this even today with real survivalists living "off the grid".

Meanwhile, you don't see people like Abby in real life unless they are actively using performance enhancing drugs, highly regulated diets, and an exercise regimen that is a full time job. Something that she can't do while continuing to do what she did in the game. It wasn't just a low possibility, it was a blatant *impossibility*. For a world so grounded and realized with the first one, they clearly didn't give a shit in the second with maintaining consistent world design.

Doom85

Except the issue wasn't just the food. It was the amount of exercise needed, the very strict food diet that was required, and the copious amounts of drug supplements. None of which was shown to be plausible in the world that was created with the first game.

Bill was explained even back in the day. The guy had nearly the *entire* town trapped. He could go anywhere he wanted with relative freedom. He had more food, especially fatty, high carb, high salt food. You can see this even today with real survivalists living "off the grid".

Meanwhile, you don't see people like Abby in real life unless they are actively using performance enhancing drugs, highly regulated diets, and an exercise regimen that is a full time job. Something that she can't do while continuing to do what she did in the game. It wasn't just a low possibility, it was a blatant *impossibility*. For a world so grounded and realized with the first one, they clearly didn't give a shit in the second with maintaining consistent world design.

Eh, can’t buy it with Bill. We’re talking 20 years here. Eventually he’d be relying on growing his own food in gardens and such. Plus he was sharing food with at least one person for a while. No way did he have 20 years of premodern food all to himself.

And again, doesn’t address how people complained far less about gasoline still working.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm not sure either change matters all that much.

Both were stylized and altered based on what they artist is going for as not all are seeking a carbon copy.

Even the Mass Effect one being stylized hardly matters if you consider you make, create etc the character anyway. That factor alone makes it not THAT bad, no one needs to stay with the default in that respect. I'd also give them a pass on being forced to use FrostBite, nothing wrong with the engine, something wrong with forcing a team to work on it that doesn't know how or isn't as good as DICE etc. I'd never say the team doesn't know what they are doing or just did a bad job etc, this square falls on EA trying to force an engine on the team.

I don't even know why they went with that weird style in Mass Effect in the first place as......the series doesn't really look like that on that past gen stuff so I don't get why they aimed for that this time, maybe the issues they had they felt going with this style was safer or something, who knows.

Maybe they felt it if you make those characters, how the default marketing looks is irrelevant so they were open to just do that or something. Its hard to say. So I give em a pass on the whole Fugly situation lol, as they had lots of issues I can't solely just blame the team on.
The Mass Effect chick was based off her? I had to google her. Wow. 10/10.

Whats the point of even trying to model a game character off someone if the final model will look nothing like it? LOL. Game makers have plenty of power to make a good replica in pixels.

Which ever Bioware people made that shitty model should be fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

EDMIX

Whats the point of even trying to model a game character off someone if the final model will look nothing like it?
Because not all reference is to be copied 100%. As someone can take a picture of a forest and only do so to get a ground texture, it doesn't mean the setting of the game will be Colorado... The same is applied with people. The game might just need the build of someone and not a carbon 100% copy or something. So if someone made a character that was suppose to be a certain height and they find the best actor for this, but their hair color is different...get a new model? Why would they not just change the hair in the game, keep the height etc? Do you get it now? Its not a game of looking for carbon copies as for alll we know, you find the perfect model for the job and their voice is shit, they can't act, their movement is horrid, they have a body filled with tattoos etc.
. Game makers have plenty of power to make a good replica in pixels.
Having the power to do so doesn't mean they need to or want to... Not all developers are making movie type things like Until Dawn or something.
Which ever Bioware people made that shitty model should be fired.

I disagree. Its hard to say. The art director could have told them to make it stylized, they could have had issues with the engine, EA could have forced the engine on them...who knows.

Thats not enough for me to say fire the person that made the model. Its hard to say how that exact thing came about. Could be the team struggling with the tech EA forced on them or the Art Director, Character Artist etc

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Eh, can’t buy it with Bill. We’re talking 20 years here. Eventually he’d be relying on growing his own food in gardens and such. Plus he was sharing food with at least one person for a while. No way did he have 20 years of premodern food all to himself.

And again, doesn’t address how people complained far less about gasoline still working.

I would familiarize yourself with basic chemistry. Particular Organic chem. You clearly need it.

Also as I just stated, you see the weight thing with real life survivalists. Comes with the territory of how they live, preserve food, cook, and eat. As stated before, pick up a chemistry text. Maybe a biology text too.

Doom85

I would familiarize yourself with basic chemistry. Particular Organic chem. You clearly need it.

Also as I just stated, you see the weight thing with real life survivalists. Comes with the territory of how they live, preserve food, cook, and eat. As stated before, pick up a chemistry text. Maybe a biology text too.

I’ll pick them up when you pick a psychology book since apparently you want to get all smug. So Bill, whose primary obsession is survival, wouldn’t notice that he’s put on weight and adjust his diet accordingly? You don’t need to see Zombieland to know being in good physical shape is key to surviving in these conditions. And we’re given no evidence that the type of food he eats is any different than what Joel, Ellie, Tess, etc. eat.

Also, chemistry doesn’t break reality. You seriously claiming that town miraculously still had enough food in its stores/homes when Bill found it to last 20 years despite food being the 2nd highest priority that people would be grabbing when the outbreak hit (weapons being #1)? Please, forgive my skepticism.

Also, I didn’t realize real life survivalists had to deal with billions of zombies dominating the planet. Fascinating…..

I want to see before and after pics of people here in their early 20s and late 20s...cause obviously gaining weight in the face doesn't happen with the alphas in this forum. But yea...she looks fine. Literally a non issue.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I’ll pick them up when you pick a psychology book since apparently you want to get all smug. So Bill, whose primary obsession is survival, wouldn’t notice that he’s put on weight and adjust his diet accordingly? You don’t need to see Zombieland to know being in good physical shape is key to surviving in these conditions. And we’re given no evidence that the type of food he eats is any different than what Joel, Ellie, Tess, etc. eat.

Also, chemistry doesn’t break reality. You seriously claiming that town miraculously still had enough food in its stores/homes when Bill found it to last 20 years despite food being the 2nd highest priority that people would be grabbing when the outbreak hit (weapons being #1)? Please, forgive my skepticism.

Also, I didn’t realize real life survivalists had to deal with billions of zombies dominating the planet. Fascinating…..
Educate yourself kiddo. You are just ignoring what I stated and repeating the same shit I already explained.

Real survivalists are are often rotund. Due to the way they live and how they prepare food. Psychology means nothing in the face of basic hard science. Nowhere did I say that bill survived only on canned food. However he had plenty of salts, alcohols and more. Things that are used to preserve meats and veggies. Things that are often attributed to gaining weight. Hence why I told you to pick up a chemistry text as you clearly have no clue what goes on in food preservation or how those foods effect the body.

Doom85

Educate yourself kiddo. You are just ignoring what I stated and repeating the same shit I already explained.

Real survivalists are are often rotund. Due to the way they live and how they prepare food. Psychology means nothing in the face of basic hard science. Nowhere did I say that bill survived only on canned food. However he had plenty of salts, alcohols and more. Things that are used to preserve meats and veggies. Things that are often attributed to gaining weight. Hence why I told you to pick up a chemistry text as you clearly have no clue what goes on in food preservation or how those foods effect the body.

Boy, your views of science are fucked. So Bill is incapable of adjusting how much he eats each day, doing any sort of exercise, etc. Listen, you said it yourself, SOME survivalists are overweight. SOME. You do know what that word means, right? It means this isn’t a scientific law like Earth’s gravity which is a guarantee. You can’t declare something as an absolute when counter examples exist.

You can disrespect psychology all you want (which IS a science so boy did that sentence of yours just reek of ignorance), but the FACT is the game presents Bill as obsessed with survival, making sure everything is going according to plan, etc. He gets pissed when he sees Joel and Ellie set off some traps, man he yells at Ellie just for touching some magazines. This is the man you’re going to claim would notice he’s putting on weight and do jack shit about it? And meanwhile Joel, Ellie, Tess, Henry, Sam, Tommy, Marlene, David, James, Robert, and the rest of the Scooby gang all magically figured out how to balance their diet and poor old Bill is the only one who just can’t manage? To quote that guy from Firefly, ”does that seem right to you?”

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Boy, your views of science are fucked. So Bill is incapable of adjusting how much he eats each day, doing any sort of exercise, etc. Listen, you said it yourself, SOME survivalists are overweight. SOME. You do know what that word means, right? It means this isn’t a scientific law like Earth’s gravity which is a guarantee. You can’t declare something as an absolute when counter examples exist.

You can disrespect psychology all you want (which IS a science so boy did that sentence of yours just reek of ignorance), but the FACT is the game presents Bill as obsessed with survival, making sure everything is going according to plan, etc. He gets pissed when he sees Joel and Ellie set off some traps, man he yells at Ellie just for touching some magazines. This is the man you’re going to claim would notice he’s putting on weight and do jack shit about it? And meanwhile Joel, Ellie, Tess, Henry, Sam, Tommy, Marlene, David, James, Robert, and the rest of the Scooby gang all magically figured out how to balance their diet and poor old Bill is the only one who just can’t manage? To quote that guy from Firefly, ”does that seem right to you?”
More strawman arguments and infantile projections from you. Not going to keep repeating myself. Pick up a book and educate yourself. We are done here.

I think the main complaint most people have with most Western female designs is why do they typically have to get an attractive female model and then make them look less appealing or even masculine in some cases? You don’t see this in any other forms of entertainment except gaming to my knowledge. They always try to make their actresses look as beautiful as possible in commercials, movies, TV, social media, music videos, etc. Why do this with video games though?

Japan imo does a great job with facial modeling with games like RE3 Remake, Yakuza(?) and Death Stranding where the models look accurate and faithful to their real life counterparts. I truly think Western developers do this on purpose. Mass Effect Andromeda for example.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ummm...WTF??! Is this not an oxymoron? How can you "push of the boundaries" of a system that is 6-8x more powerful (with 100x faster IO) and not compromise the lower system? How can the system with less than 20% of the raw performance and no 3D audio, no Dualsense features, no SSD get an "equally immersive experience"?

I love Guerilla, but this is everything that is wrong with this "cross gen" phase (or at least I hope its a phase). Sure the game looks like a marked step up from the original game but again the engine is still based on the PS4. PS5 will just push more pixels and frames (once again) which is NOT "pushing the boundaries" of the next gen platform.
Do you think that he can freely say something like " jimbo forced us to work on a shitty hardware because he is a greedy fuck"?!

That is literal damage control dude.

the_master

The problem of female characters now a days in videogame is that they make them look as manly as possible to "show strength" which is wrong, unrealistic and boring. Someone could call this effort of making politically correct female characters, a sexist attempt of reducing women to "almost men, but weaker" and to shame women who don't look or dress like that.

Not sure how hard can it be to make women and men of all types in games.

nikolino840

The problem of female characters now a days in videogame is that they make them look as manly as possible to "show strength" which is wrong, unrealistic and boring. Someone could call this effort of making politically correct female characters, a sexist attempt of reducing women to "almost men, but weaker" and to shame women who don't look or dress like that.

What do you mean unrealistic? People pump up in the gym to gain strength...with pilates and Zumba you don't gain strength..Just body shape..

Jada_Li

Banned

Some women are actually more masculine looking and some men are more feminine looking, but it depends on how the developers want to portray their character. However, I get what you are saying, but it can also come across as one who prefers characters such as Bayonetta, while dismissing that some characters can be designed to look however they want and still be considered a strong lead. Also, there are usually some feminine looking men in Dynasty Warriors, there's Link, Cloud, but I'm sure there are other examples in video games of both diversity in men and women. Not just in how they look but females possessing more masculine qualities and males possessing more feminine qualities.

I like how Aloy looks and I think she's really pretty.

Besides that, I enjoy her sarcasm and her interactions with Sylens is quite interesting as well as a lot of the quest givers. Aloy reminds me of Naruto, yeah they were both outcasts and worked hard to become strong and became popular and both had an issue with their sudden popularity and learned how to forgive and still help their people. That takes a lot of inner strength to choose that path.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

You people got way too much time on your hands if this is a concern for you.

Alloy looks fine. It's a world without makeup FFS
It's not about makeup . It's the agenda by some Western game companies to uglify female characters . No coincidence that all the base models are very good looking IRL but end up like a chameleon-human cross breeds in games .

Look at how Kojima's characters always stay faithful (in some case , prettier) to the models , makeup or not
fragile-lea-seydoux-death-stranding.jpg

margaret-qualley-as-mama-death-stranding.jpg

model2-quiet.jpg

Top Bottom