• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon complete edition available today for free (Play at Home initiative)

Aenima

Enjoyed the game quite alot but never bought the expansion DLC, so will be nice to grab it now for free. :)

Will Smith Reaction GIF

But yeah the game is fantastic.
Is that what they call a 'chin check' ?

Kilau

Gold Member
What if I already own the base version of the game digitally? Usually that means you can't "buy" any free version of the same game. So that would mean that if I want the DLC I have to pay for it, while everyone who never bought the game gets it for free?

Anyway, how do you actually download these? They're not available in the PS app it seems. Do I have to do it from a console?

Yep, just checked and seems you’re right. Says not available for purchase for me and the DLC is 15€. Personally don’t care but that’s kinda lame I must admit.

Strange, I own the base game and then got the DLC later and was able to add the complete edition to my library just now without issue. I used the PS App on mobile if that makes a difference.

Please don't waste your time. There's a reason why they're giving this game away for free and why you can find the complete edition for $9.99.

This game is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. It's just some "open" world generic bs.

If after reading this you still wanna play it I advice you to not do side quests, as there are only like 3 different types and then repeat themselves over and over, and just go through the main mission.

Seriously, you will thank me.
You're probably the type to dislike everything on youtube , it's a free fucking game and its a cool one too.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Where are you based? I'm in UK and it's not available until 04:00 tomorrow for us

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will be available for free download between April 19 8:00pm PT / April 20 04:00 BST

I'm in Sweden, so yeah, maybe it's that. I haven't even tried, but the other guy said it didn't work. But maybe he's also in Europe.

Tmack

Because it's old. And they want people to play the original so they buy the Second game. This might be the dumbest take I've ever seen on here.

Exactly.

Just like with movies about to get a sequel that suddently appears in every network/streaming service as possible... The more you expose people to the original product, it`s more likely they`ll purchase the sequel.

BTW this game is F great.

Kokoloko85

Please don't waste your time. There's a reason why they're giving this game away for free and why you can find the complete edition for $9.99.

This game is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. It's just some "open" world generic bs.

If after reading this you still wanna play it I advice you to not do side quests, as there are only like 3 different types and then repeat themselves over and over, and just go through the main mission.

Combat was refreshing and unique for a 3rd person shooter. Loved it

Story, lore and world was pretty cool and unique.

Characters and side missions suck though.

Overall it was a good game, looking forward to the improvements in the sequel

bender

What time is it?
The best bows ever made.

I've restarted the game four or five times and how the bow feels is a large reason why I always drop it. It's hard to describe but it just doesn't feel like it has weight or impact. It's completely unsatisfying to use which is a bummer, I love bows in video games.

MilkLizard

Strange, I own the base game and then got the DLC later and was able to add the complete edition to my library just now without issue. I used the PS App on mobile if that makes a difference.
Probably because you own the DLC already which I don’t.

Fake

I've restarted the game four or five times and how the bow feels is a large reason why I always drop it. It's hard to describe but it just doesn't feel like it has weight or impact. It's completely unsatisfying to use which is a bummer, I love bows in video games.

The basic game bows are OK, but the DLC add some really good bow with IMO should be basics foward the franchise.

If you never played the DLC, I recommend seek those new bows.

After the E3 reveal a few years ago I bought a PS4 purely for Horizon ZD. "True next gen" I thought.

Then it got delayed and I lost interest and ended up with a €300 dust catcher.

I've since bought it on PC where of course its languishing in my backlog.

*sigh*

Lol what kind of post is this? It didn’t do much for me either and I abandoned it after 10hrs but I recognize that’s on me. It’s a good game, just not for us. Different strokes dor different folks.
It's a good game but you weren't able to play for more than 10 hours? Lol

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I thought something was wrong until I saw someone saying its first available tomorrow.

I wonder if it's a coincidence Aloy also came to fortnite the same week the game went free for a day.

Renozokii

Hey guys, don’t download this literally completely free game and make your own opinion, take mine instead.
Also it’s cheap cuz it’s a four year old singeplayer game, how long do you think those keep their value?
Watch out guys, nioh, shadow of war, and nier automata are all cheaper now than on launch for a reason! And be really careful, re7 is 4 years old and free on ps instant collection, must be a reason it’s free now!

Okay, Johnny Turbo. Sorry this game doesn't have the REAL ARCADE FEEL.

"Don't play this free game. I don't like it, so you shouldn't either."

Also there's a sequel coming soon. Take a wild guess why they would give it out for free. Yeah...

jbortz78

Hm first I couldn’t add the game to library because of PS Now states I already own it...But worked when I used the PS app on my phone. Just in case someone has a similar problem.

Fredrik

Well it lacks arrow physics and is essentially a slow gun camouflaged as a bow. But the game is still fantastic! Give it another try. For me it’s the traps that makes the game, I love using stealth rigging the whole place with traps and bring down the machines that way, it’s awesome. I hope they remove the bandits in Forbidden West so I can play it with my kids, they would probably never let me play anything else, the robot dinosaur theme is perfection.

nowhat

Well it lacks arrow physics and is essentially a slow gun camouflaged as a bow.
Protip: how much you draw the bow only affects the accuracy, not the damage. So in close quarters, just keep spamming the bow. Although if you've got that close, if you're fighting a large machine, you're probably toast anyway. But it may help on some occasions.

Doczu

I've listened to people on the internet before about Days Gone (not GAF) and now i feel bad i didn't try it earlier, so...

nowhat

Better that BOTW IMO. Never played the dlc so can't wait to play it and HZD 2!
Just a friendly heads up. The nominal difficulty for the DLC (or expansion, rather - it's quite similar to Blood & Wine in that it's a whole new section of the map, and running an updated version of the engine, the snow deformations are insane but you won't find them outside the DLC area) is 30, but if you're playing on higher difficulties (hell, on normal even), that's way too low. I'd say level 35+ starting out, and you might need to grind it out even more to complete the main story ending. It really ramps up the difficulty.

But you get new weapons more suited for the DLC, some new armor (the "Shield-Weaver" isn't as OP as it is in the base game), some really cool new robots to fight. And also a demo tape of what might have been a hit act, under different circumstances.

N30RYU

It's hard for me to return and play the DLC at 30fps... I'll wait till the Second one is closer to release and play it then to see if they patched a 60fps mode...

Kupfer

Platinumed HZD on the Pro, but never played the DLC. Does the game benefit from playing it on the PS5 framratewise like Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk etc? Unfortunately I can't go back to 30fps. Played through A Plagues Tale the other month and it was just uncomfortable, although the game is good. Actually so good I finished it despite 30fps.

Last edited:

RookX22

Platinumed HZD on the Pro, but never played the DLC. Does the game benefit from playing it on the PS5 framratewise like Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk etc? Unfortunately I can't go back to 30fps. Played through Plague Take the other month and it was just uncomfortable, although the game is good. Actually so good I finished it despite 30fps.
Still 30 fps on Ps5. I am in the same boat, waiting on 60 fps to play the expansion.

Top Bottom