• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Call of The Mountain Review Thread

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
This in VR...:messenger_open_mouth:
ezgif-4-01adb7575e.gif
Even with the shitty low Rez Skyrim VR the sense of scale and height when up in the mountains was incredible, this... This is just a whole other level and because of the foveated rendering all distance objects still retain clarity, chomping at the bit to get into this lol

VR climbing is not fun when you have a low ceiling like mine - sitting climbing just isn"t the same. And no I don"t live in a hobbit hole.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
For someone that hasn’t played a “VR Climbing Game” before, I don’t really understand the complaints that CoTM emphasizes it, that’s the major appeal to me
Just doesn't look as special considering the gulf in hardware power when this is what climbing games look like on mobile hardware (note the game's not actually available on PC, unlike the first The Climb, so no clue what that note is about).

Certainly looked special thinking you get that quality in some open world action adventure, even if simplified/streamlined from flat.

Also Sony was quick to trample rumours of the game being limited cos it looked on rails in that first canoe footage so they were all how it's a full Horizon adventure etc. but in the end it seems limited in other ways. It still looks good and is certainly more fit for VR newcomers like you, just saying.

Last edited:
Just doesn't look as special considering the gulf in hardware power when this is what climbing games look like on mobile hardware.

Certainly looked special thinking you get that quality in some open world action adventure, even if simplified/streamlined from flat. Also Sony was iirc quick to trample rumours of the game being limited cos it looked on rails in that first canoe footage but in the end it seems limited in other ways.

I don’t understand your point? Horizon looks way better visually which should add to the immersion of climbing

Crayon

Ahh sounds like they lean into the climbing alot. I was hoping it would be more biased towards exploring and fighting. Ah well. It's alreadyy on the way so we'll see how good it really is.

Fredrik

Only reason why Im not investing in VR, whether its pc or ps. Nothing to play, only shit to waste time, maybe once a year or so. Anyone whos saying their vr headset isnt gainig dust is full of shit.
Yeah, I’ve walked that path already - from being sceptical, to excited, to thinking it’s the best thing ever and flat screen gaming is meh, to not understanding why people can’t see what I see, to playing low key indies because there is nothing else to play, to use it maybe 5-10 times per year at most, to put it away.
It’s incredibly frustrating. I know it can be awesome but apparently AAA devs aren’t convinced yet.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You could probably get a save file somewhere right? Is that possible on PS5?
I don't believe so, since you can't back them up on an external. Only local and cloud.

PS4 save files can be backed up. So maybe you can get the PS4 save somewhere and then transfer it to PS5 version?

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I beat this the other day. I liked it a lot over all, especially when I turned off motion walking (stupid idea). PRetty good set pieces, though Guerella Games really needs to work on their dialogue. Especially on their main characters that talk to themselves and treat the players as idiots..

Second to last location was the highlight of the game for me. Final area felt like a backtrack, but was still cool. The ending itself was lame.

Top Bottom