• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Call of the Mountain has gone GOLD

saintjules

I should have stuck with the Horizon Bundle. I'll end up buying this at day 1.

This is supposedly after the events of FW right? I have not yet finished that..

Last edited:

Markio128

I did choose the bundle when I pre-ordered the PSVR2, then only received confirmation of the standalone pack. A bit miffed. Looks great though and something that will show off the new hardware to friends and family. I’ll pick it up at the end of the month.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Actually not getting this at launch since I have plenty of other VR stuff to play, but I hope this does really well.

Last edited:
Cancelled my Horizon bundle as it’s not a game universe I’m interested in. I hope it’s good for all those who play it.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I should have stuck with the Horizon Bundle. I'll end up buying this at day 1.

This is supposedly after the events of FW right? I have not yet finished that..
I have heard rumours even though I've tried to go in blind but saw someone say it's based around the Red Raids. Can't confirm obviously

Gudji

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Valonquar

They are including a majority of PSVR1 titles in that development number. I really wanna play this, but just can't do VR with all the wires again.

Valonquar

Fixed that for you.
playstation-vr-playstation-4-wiring-diagram-virtual-reality-headset-png-favpng-0AgdB2wCnYLTXt4RLRF4DPdTw.jpg

If you only break out VR once in a blue moon, it's a LOT more than 1 wire. Until it's at a place where you hook up a wireless dongle (or the console itself handles the pairing) and you just need to hook up the headset to charge, its a lot of fucking wiring, boxes, and extraneous bullshit and you know it.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
playstation-vr-playstation-4-wiring-diagram-virtual-reality-headset-png-favpng-0AgdB2wCnYLTXt4RLRF4DPdTw.jpg

If you only break out VR once in a blue moon, it's a LOT more than 1 wire. Until it's at a place where you hook up a wireless dongle (or the console itself handles the pairing) and you just need to hook up the headset to charge, its a lot of fucking wiring, boxes, and extraneous bullshit and you know it.

Why are you sharing an irrelevant PSVR 1 image in a PSVR 2 thread?

You need one USB-C cable to connect your PSVR 2 to your PS5. That's it.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member

Fail post

SLB1904

Banned

I belive they are releasing psvr2 mah dude

I actually keep the breakout box and wire for psvr1 rolled up on top of my ps5, so I just have to plug in the headset. Then I’ll also have PSVR2 to plug into the front. So I’ll have both ready to go whenever, just plugging in the headset. It’s really not as big of a deal as people act.

SLB1904

Banned
Guy is confused as hell. Gets corrected, denies it mentioning multiple cables, gets corrected again, then moves goal post showing a picture of everything that comes in the PSVR2 box (for some reason).
I refuse to believe they are just too lazy to do some research

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's a big game, so it'll most likely have one. But, what do you mean with that?

"Going gold" is a reference to the gold master disc being created, which is then used to press the retail copies. It means the code is finished and can no longer change (what's on the disc that is).

This is obviously not a thing with a digital release.

nial

Gold Member
"Going gold" is a reference to the gold master disc being created, which is then used to press the retail copies. It means the code is finished and can no longer change (what's on the disc that is).

This is obviously not a thing with a digital release.
Oh, I see what you're saying, but what they probably mean is that version 1.0.0 of the game is ready.
if you read sonys blog nothing will be physical at launch and only select titles will get physicals at a later date.
Huh, that sucks.

Neilg

No cable is nice, but high end tech and games performance is nicer.

I've been using the oculus pro for work these past few weeks - wirelessly over a dedicated wifi6e mesh network. it's fucking magical.
It's definitely too much to add to psvr, price wise, but wireless VR on a 4090 is very nice and will be in psvr3.

Last edited:

XXL

PSVR2-Box-Contents.jpeg

1 cable is nicer yes, but no cables would be nicer.
No, its not nicer being wireless for everything. It has its advantages and it has it's downfalls.

Longer games on Quest 2 are hampered (like RE4) in my opinion because the battery lasts for about 2HRs.

I don't want to be limited to 2HRs for games like GT7, RE8 and NMS for example.

Varteras

Gold Member
No, its not nicer being wireless for everything. It has its advantages and it has it's downfalls.

Longer games on Quest 2 are hampered (like RE4) in my opinion because the battery lasts for about 2HRs.

I don't want to be limited to 2HRs for games like GT7, RE8 and NMS for example.

Yeah the battery life is a serious downside for wireless headsets. My nephew has the Quest 2 and he said it's great and all but he feels like he charges it more than he plays it. He also stopped playing it standing up because he has fallen a few times. Considering he plays it at home a vast majority of the time, if it was tethered like PSVR it wouldn't matter. The only real advantage it offers to him is being able to play it in the car.

Top Bottom