• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy will launch on February 10, 2023 for PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.

GymWolf

Beyond all the bitching and moaning by people more mentally disturbed than me, I would be pretty interested in Hogwarts Legacy if it really is some great game in the harry potter universe. I'm not like actively watching or reading about the series all the time, but I still really like the harry potter stories, and movies. Except those Fantastic Beasts movies, those are shit. I did read all the books though, so I'm that kind of person.

What's gonna suck is that because there are all these idiots out there, it's gonna be hard to find some review or any coverage of the game that's not politically charged in one direction or another. I don't want to buy it unless I know it's a good game, and not just broken promises, or another mediocre licensed game.
Just watch some gameplay and decide by yourself dude.

Don't let a stranger decide for you.

Power Pro

Just watch some gameplay and decide by yourself dude.

Don't let a stranger decide for you.
Oh I know, I'm not that simple minded, I just like to see others talk about it and hear an outline of what the game offers before I give my money. It's less about "omg, they only gave it this amount of stars! I ain't buying that trash" but rather what people have to say about the content that's there, and if it sounds worthwhile to me.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What's gonna suck is that because there are all these idiots out there, it's gonna be hard to find some review or any coverage of the game that's not politically charged in one direction or another. I don't want to buy it unless I know it's a good game, and not just broken promises, or another mediocre licensed game.

Boy I can't wait for this excuse to go away. We just saw a game that was supposedly being controlled by woke interest get called out for being soulless. . .by so-called "woke interests." If a game site is going to review the game they are going to do so as objectively as one can with subjective enjoyment experiences. If that person's enjoyment of the game is colored by their own biases, that will show through.

. . .the fact is, folks have spectacularly overblown the influence of activist game journalists: there are going to hundreds of professional reviews for this game because of course there are, and the great majority are going to review it on its own terms and leave any further editorializing to their actual EICs.

usctrojan

What cracks me up is that they expect people to blow $80 for the game. The only reason I got it was that I used cash back and a gift card to get it down to $38.

I am expecting a game the scale of Skyrim or Horizons: Zero Dawn here.
aren't cash back dollars and gift cards real money to you? you spent $80 for the game. unless your cash back and gift cards have fine print that reads: "Only for use on Hogwarts Legacy."

Krathoon

What is funny about the Harry Potter theme park video is that you can tell the hosts are getting drunk. The woman's eyes start to get bloodshot.

Osthyvel

I was not planning on buying this game on release, it looks really good though. But, since yesterday, i have reconsider, another site on the internet made me want this so bad, i will buy a physical and digital copy just to support free speech : )

And as a said; game looks fantastic, lets hope for good reviews!

ikbalCO

I was not planning on buying this game on release, it looks really good though. But, since yesterday, i have reconsider, another site on the internet made me want this so bad, i will buy a physical and digital copy just to support free speech : )

And as a said; game looks fantastic, lets hope for good reviews!
Frantic and fridge voices shouldnt determine our purchases i think. I pre ordered this game only because i want to play an hp rpg so baad and the game looks fantastic. Supporting free speech was an unexpected bonus.

One side should stay sane. Let us be that side. Dont sink to their level and just buy one for your self.

Peace.

Simo

Tomorrow morning previews will be dropping from folks that have played the game, might include new footage but not 100% sure on that. Review copies went out last Thursday I believe.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Hope the game turns good, the last Harry Potter I played was the Goblet of Fire game.
Last one I played (new) was the first Deathly Hallows. it was terrible and I didn't bother buying the second one.

I bought a bunch of PS1/PS2 games a couple years back so I could replay them. there were a couple games I never played that I have been meaning to try. I have

Ps1

Philosophers stone
Chamber of secrets (didn't even know this existed)

Ps2
Philosophers stone (somewhat rare. Never played)
Chamber of secrets
Azkaban
goblet of fire
Quidditch WC

I do remember enjoying Ootp and HBP on PS3 but I don't have anyway to play ps3 games.

Krathoon

Amazon keeps showing "Arriving Feb 13, 2023" when it should arrive on Feb 7 on my PS5 copy. Hrrrrrrrrrmmmm.....

Makes me wonder if I should just cancel and get the digital version.

Krathoon

Does Amazon have release date delivery? It is looking like it does not. The thing is, I will probably lose my cash back if I cancel it.
Best Buy has release date delivery.

Freeza93

Banned
feuU6Xh.jpg

7oYJGVV.gif

Krathoon

I have ordered the butterbeer ingredients.
Hopefully, the shopper will find them. I think I can substitute the caramel syrup for the butterscotch if it is not available.
I could also try mixing some butter with the caramel syrup and get something similar.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have ordered the butterbeer ingredients.
Hopefully, the shopper will find them. I think I can substitute the caramel syrup for the butterscotch if it is not available.
I could also try mixing some butter with the caramel syrup and get something similar.
Ain't that a son of a bitch.

Krathoon

If you can adjust the voice pitch, I am going to give my a character a James Earl Jones voice.

Here is the Vivariam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom