• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy will have exclusive content for PlayStation

Wohc

Banned
Has this kind of stuff ever swayed any of you to one console or another?. You know say you were still on last gen consoles, and are about to buya Xbox or PS and have no real alleigence to either, have these kind of deals ever swayed you?, 'Damn i dont know which console i want....but look, Hogwarts has an extra mission on PS5, i guess thats the console i'm getting!?
I think Sony even bought timed exlusivity for expansion packs and if you are a huge fan, that could make a difference.

by default i pretty much buy everything on Xbox, unless they give me a reason to buy the Playstation version. and Playstation LOVES to give u a reason to buy their version instead of the xbox one

Deanington

Has this kind of stuff ever swayed any of you to one console or another?. You know say you were still on last gen consoles, and are about to buya Xbox or PS and have no real alleigence to either, have these kind of deals ever swayed you?, 'Damn i dont know which console i want....but look, Hogwarts has an extra mission on PS5, i guess thats the console i'm getting!?

I can absolutely see the PS5 version it self swaying on what version to get, let alone console. If I was a fan and a completionist I would want the PS5 version.

MikeM

I'd personally hate it if my console of choice was paying for exclusive missions over other stuff.

For all the flack MS got over paying £500k for cooking simulator... I'd rather that over the same amount for exclusive missions
You would hate that your console of choice added more content for you at no extra cost to you? I wouldn’t.

sendit

with all things being equal, why buy the version with less content?
Not to mention, the lesser gamepad. I want to feel the magical hair tingling dual sense vibrating through my hands as Harry Potter shoots out a lightning bolt from his butthole. With trigger resistance, you're able to control the intensity of the magic flowing through Harry's wand.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Dude i'm 41 and seriously considering dumping my PC and buying a PS5 over this.

get-out-of-here-throw.gif
5hmzT4H.jpg

Dont let Jim win!

jrUWY4k.gif

Settle for less..

WZybJ3d.png

EruditeHobo

Kind of looks ok... and I don't mind exclusive content. I just can't see myself playing a fucking Harry Potter game.

Maybe if the reviews are really good.

Last edited:

Thief1987

I doubt that it's about buying console because of additional content, it's about buying game on a console with additional content if you have a choice.

Last edited:
If I was an Xbox player I would just wait until it showed up on Gamepass, that's how you show them that this sort of stuff isn't cool.

Last edited:

Verchod

A quest? Is that it? Is it a quest to find out who gives a shit? Maybe it's to find out how to make a woman..

IDappa

hey tell xbox first they re the one who started this trend by moneyhatting cod exclusive content on ps3 x360 days, rise of tomb raider, hellblade 2 and few others i cant remember all

anyway this sucks for any genuine gamers youre just a gulible and no better than those people you hate
Cod was access to the dlc like a week early lol. TR timed exclusive which Sony did the same and hellbalde they bought the dev.

I'm pretty sure there's still content xbox hasn't gotten from destiny 1 that was meant to be timed.

Krathoon

This game is supposed to be set in the past. Pre-Dumbledore?
Probably not that far back.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
by default i pretty much buy everything on Xbox, unless they give me a reason to buy the Playstation version. and Playstation LOVES to give u a reason to buy their version instead of the xbox one

I hadn't thought of that angle. That at least makes some sense. It's still irritating but makes sense for Sony.

Krathoon

Sony pulls that exclusive crap. They did it with Control. Then, it turned out the content could be unlocked in the PC version.

Krathoon

Its set in the 1800s. It's quite a bit back.
Is that Sherlock Holmes times?

Edit: Nah. That was the 1890s. Kinda late.
I am kind of curious about Great Britain during that time. Don't know much about it.

Really, that is more of the time period of Charles Dickens and Oliver Twist. Smashing.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Is that Sherlock Holmes times?
Sherlock Holmes:

All but one are set in the Victorian or Edwardian eras, between about 1880 and 1914

Hogwarts Legacy:

Hogwarts Legacy is set in the late 1800s, about 100 years before Harry Potter enrolls

I'd say yes it is.

Last edited:

El Muerto

It's probably some mission that utilizes the dual sense controller. Kinda glad i bought both next gen consoles though.

Krathoon

I bet the wizard town is pretty much the same.

I guess the game will skip along in time to bypass most of the wizard classes.
I am curious about how the game will flow because you are playing a student.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
people really just play on only one console? Do you people not just buy multiple copies of all the games you play? How do you even game if you only play games on one platform?

GROSS

aiJYx7g.jpg

Top Bottom