• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy will have exclusive content for PlayStation

If I was an Xbox player I would just wait until it showed up on Gamepass, that's how you show them that this sort of stuff isn't cool.
I’ll do that. Although to be fair, I was doing that anyway :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seems like a pointless exercise though, and Sony could do with some good PR right now, not more online hate, but you presume they know what they are doing… right?

Three

In this timeline I can't possibly imagine someone going to Wallmart just to purchase PlayStation 5 because they want to complete 5 quests in that one game that doesn't even matter in the long run.
Say you have 2 consoles already. Which version of the game are you going to buy? MS and Sony are competing for the 30% cut. One just gives you extra things in the game for it.

Last edited:

SyberWolf

on the one hand i want to get the PS5 version for the exclusive quest, on the other hand i think i will prefer playing on my PC for the framerate.
what should i get? pc version is cheaper so i'm leaning to that at the moment.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If its an exclusive quest to one platform out of the 4/5 the game is on, then by design it will be something irrelevant that won't take anything from the game. Shouldn't be an issue for anyone playing on other platforms.

HoofHearted

Is anyone really planning on buying this game to begin with?

Of all the games out there.. this would've been the last one I would have hung my hat on to target exclusive content for a specific console....

Last edited:
on the one hand i want to get the PS5 version for the exclusive quest, on the other hand i think i will prefer playing on my PC for the framerate.
what should i get? pc version is cheaper so i'm leaning to that at the moment.
I'd happily give up 1 quest for better graphics, performance, and a cheaper price! The quest will likely be nothing exciting and probably only lasts 5 minutes. Plus, it will end up coming to Xbox and PC at some point.

Last edited:
Say you have 2 consoles already. Which version of the game are you going to buy? MS and Sony are competing for the 30% cut. One just gives you extra things in the game for it.

More than likely the one that doesn't incentivize this sort of behavior. I can live without a dumb 10 minute fetch quest, I don't want to reward a company for removing content from a game on a rival platform

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Has this kind of stuff ever swayed any of you to one console or another?. You know say you were still on last gen consoles, and are about to buya Xbox or PS and have no real alleigence to either, have these kind of deals ever swayed you?, 'Damn i dont know which console i want....but look, Hogwarts has an extra mission on PS5, i guess thats the console i'm getting!?

Xbox having "legend" players in FIFA from like fifa 14 to 17 swayed my decision to play on xbox over playstation, but that was significant content IMO. Usually i dont care about any of these things

Wohc

Banned
More than likely the one that doesn't incentivize this sort of behavior. I can live without a dumb 10 minute fetch quest, I don't want to reward a company for removing content from a game on a rival platform
The only correct answer. I was going to buy the game early for pc, now i'm gonna wait until i get it for 20 bucks just because i don't want to support this.

Banjo64

cumsessed
6wn1ipl62hk91.jpg

Top Bottom