• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy State of Play Announced

SJRB

Gold Member
Does that matter? The real question should be why alleged non-racists think that Jews are being portrayed by the Goblins in Harry Potter. Like... wtf? That literally never even crossed my mind.

You're not supposed to apply common sense or logic to these situations, for there is no common sense or logic.

Imagine being so warped in the head that a) you conclude that the Goblins are an extremely racist caricature of Jews based on their appearance, and b) you actually post this conclusion online under the guise of being virtuous, accusing someone else of being a racist.

"These goblins remind me of Jews, J.K. Rowling is such an antisemite."

Galaxy-brain IQ.

Flabagast

The gameplay demo looked good but I'm not convinced the developers have the pedigree to pull this off at the scale they're advertising. Not convinced yet.
Just the ability to explore a fully realised Hogwarts would be enought for me tbh. I've dreamt about this game a thousand times when I was a kid.

Larxia

Just the ability to explore a fully realised Hogwarts would be enought for me tbh. I've dreamt about this game a thousand times when I was a kid.
Have you ever tried Harry Potter 2 and 3 on ps2? They did let you explore hogwarts and it was amazing back then, you could even fly around with your broom or hippogriff and land on the castle rooftop, find secrets etc, it was really great.

Green_Eyes

Does that matter? The real question should be why alleged non-racists think that Jews are being portrayed by the Goblins in Harry Potter. Like... wtf? That literally never even crossed my mind.
Of course it matters; because it makes it even more absurd that they accuse a Jewish woman of depicted her own people as goblins...although that would also give her more of a right.

Vick

Gold Member
Isn't she Jewish?
"I was officially raised in the Church of England, but I was actually more of a freak in my family. We didn't talk about religion in our home. My father didn't believe in anything, neither did my sister. My mother would incidentally visit the church, but mostly during Christmas. And I was immensely curious. From when I was 13, 14 I went to church alone. I found it very interesting what was being said there, and I believed in it. When I went to university, I became more critical. I got more annoyed with the smugness of religious people and I went to church less and less. Now I'm at the point where I started: yes, I believe. And yes, I go to the church. A Protestant church here in Edinburgh. My husband is also raised Protestant, but he comes from a very strict Scottish group. One where they couldn't sing and talk."

zeorhymer

Are we really going to back to

Ex6t1SEXIAMHhxG.jpg

Brock2621

I didn't have ANY interest in this but hot dang, if you removed the entire "Harry Potter" lore from this game I'd still be incredibly interested

Green_Eyes

"I was officially raised in the Church of England, but I was actually more of a freak in my family. We didn't talk about religion in our home. My father didn't believe in anything, neither did my sister. My mother would incidentally visit the church, but mostly during Christmas. And I was immensely curious. From when I was 13, 14 I went to church alone. I found it very interesting what was being said there, and I believed in it. When I went to university, I became more critical. I got more annoyed with the smugness of religious people and I went to church less and less. Now I'm at the point where I started: yes, I believe. And yes, I go to the church. A Protestant church here in Edinburgh. My husband is also raised Protestant, but he comes from a very strict Scottish group. One where they couldn't sing and talk."
Wonder where I got the idea from...

ikbalCO

I think the underlying reason for that is they failed at canceling her by transphobia stuff cuz they realised aswell that %98 of the world population agrees with her.

so they wanted to find something more akin to what people don't like; anti semitism.

that is exactly what they did with joe rogan. they tried to destroy him with vaccine shit, realised people dont care and dig up some n-word stuff, presented them out of context and looked for meltdowns.

Valedix

Gold Member
Just asked for a perma on ree after being banned (1 week) for complaining how they can have a thread about the Fantastic Beasts 3 movie sales so they can shit on how little it makes for JK (half the replies in the thread are about the movies/franchise), and not have a thread about the game because reasons.... Done with that shite of a hostile website.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Just asked for a perma on ree after being banned (1 week) for complaining how they can have a thread about the Fantastic Beasts 3 movie sales so they can shit on how little it makes for JK (half the replies in the thread are about the movies/franchise), and not have a thread about the game because reasons.... Done with that shite of a hostile website.

Suicide Samurai GIF

Shubh_C63

The gameplay demo looked good but I'm not convinced the developers have the pedigree to pull this off at the scale they're advertising. Not convinced yet.
I boasted New World and despite being a cool game (still is) the developers lack of experience was its downfall. This could very well be the same but WB Gaming division generally handles their AAA projects well and has long experience in managing devs.

Astral Dog

Its sad and funny at the same time, Fantastic Beast 3 is hilariously woke to the point it feels that it was made specifically for ResetERA to enjoy. Yet they hate Rowling lol.

I think its a perfect case of the extremist left eating themselves. They are too divided and despise each other too much to progress

Last edited:
Top Bottom