• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy State of Play Announced

Dodo123

As a fan of this universe, I'm hyped!
Please be good, please be good! Don't be a shooter, don't be a shooter 🤞
"This is the game the fans wanted for 20 years" one of the devs said in the video. Well I f*** hope!

supernova8

Banned
Combat looks a bit boring but apart from that it looks fantastic. Also it looks like a pretty large game.

I would be in if I had a PS5. Also I think it's hilarious that ERA banned the thread because of JK Rowling.

Davevil

200.gif

The meltdown in Era

gela94

The game that is from a series of books were she stole, sorry borrow a lot of Portuguese historical facts when she lived there and claimed them as her imagination.

We can go on. All this is meaningless. She’s rich none of this will have impact on her… sad but true!
Are you a salty portuguese? Please tell me more, I've to tell my husband that his culture got robbed.

Just_one

Are you a salty portuguese? Please tell me more, I've to tell my husband that his culture got robbed.

im from portuguese and its the first time i heard about people here being pissed/salty about JK Rowling and the Wizard World lol

whats even the connection with portuguese historical facts?

Zeroing

Banned
im from portuguese and its the first time i heard about people here being pissed/salty about JK Rowling and the Wizard World lol

Oh man, I’m not pissed, just saying that she used a lot of Portuguese facts etc and when Portuguese fans wrote to her on twitter she said it was all her imagination.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
This game seems awesome, it went for a "maybe when it's cheaper" to "Day 1 bought by my girlfriend".I was thinking that it would be filled with MTX but apparently not, the only other doubt I have is that it seems maybe too ambitious so maybe it will be repetitve or janky.But so far it seems awesome.

NahaNago

This game looks amazing. The world looks very detailed but the fighting looks terrible. If I have a ps5 at the time of the video games release I will definitely buy it.

Just_one

speaking about the game , am i the only one who thought there were some major framerate issues with it? im not one to care about that but it stick out to me more than usual.

also the face animations seems off , maybe its because im playing horizon and the face animations are amazing but that also seemed off

Tams

Gold Member
It looks good overall, but the character animations look really janky, especially the faces.

And I hope they were saving significant amounts of content to avoid spoilers, otherwise the world looks small and could easily end up getting repetitive very quickly.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
The game that is from a series of books were she stole, sorry borrow a lot of Portuguese historical facts when she lived there and claimed them as her imagination.

We can go on. All this is meaningless. She’s rich none of this will have impact on her… sad but true!
'Stole'.

Come on mate. I had to look up the connections. They are all either fair game or not unique to Portugal.

Take the uniforms. Cloaks/gowns have been common uniforms across Europe for centuries, including in the UK. And the Harry Potter uniforms are more British public/private school than Portuguese university student. Oh, and the university I went to in the UK also has gowns (even for undergraduates who haven't graduated - multicoloured things with rules on how to wear them according to your year).

Or the wand shop. You do know how prevalent bookshops with wacky designs were in Europe in the 19th century? It's a trope.

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
The character models and animations are clearly not up to modern AAA standards, and really distract from the otherwise great looking environments. My biggest concern right now is the pedigree of the developer (or lack thereof). I wish WB had given the IP to a more experienced AAA developer. Imagine if this game was done by Rocksteady instead!

The only thing I can think of is that Salazar Slytherin shares a name with the former Portuguese leader António de Oliveira Salazar.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
'Stole'.

Come on mate. I had to look up the connections. They are all either fair game or not unique to Portugal.

Take the uniforms. Cloaks/gowns have been common uniforms across Europe for centuries, including in the UK. And the Harry Potter uniforms are more British public/private school than Portuguese university student. Oh, and the university I went to in the UK also has gowns (even for undergraduates who haven't graduated - multicoloured things with rules on how to wear them according to your year).

Or the wand shop. You do know how prevalent bookshops with wacky designs were in Europe in the 19th century? It's a trope.
I dunno about you, but if a French went living on your country, made a famous book taking a lot of "inspiration" ( is that a good word ?) from UK then said nah "it is all from my French imagination..." Brits would Brexit that author right away.... anyway joking.

She's rich and we the poor people are here defending her or trying to burn her alive....it is a fun pass time.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm not a fan of the Harry Potter series but this game looks amazing. The devs are making a lot of bold claims on the depth of the gameplay and I am genuinely curious on how much they will fulfill at launch. I might even wind up picking this up on PC if it turns out well.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

You don’t understand. The sanctity of the staff post is such that going against it is a violation, AKA rape. These rapists deserve a 2 week ban!

For real tho I don’t understand how they can claim to be a forum when every thread has a staff post telling you what opinion you’re allowed to have.

Euler007

The mods are completely destroying that place.
Someone needs to moderate the moderators there, the patients are running the asylum. Time for the new owners to put some management in place and rein in the more extreme mods, or outright fire them. I don't agree with what Rowling said, but hundreds of good people are working on that game. Just mentioning the game get you banned, in a thread about Playstation games. This is a Reign of Terror level political correctness regime.

Tams

Gold Member
I dunno about you, but if a French went living on your country, made a famous book taking a lot of "inspiration" ( is that a good word ?) from UK then said nah "it is all from my French imagination..." Brits would Brexit that author right away.... anyway joking.

She's rich and we the poor people are here defending her or trying to burn her alive....it is a fun pass time.
You've told me (us) nothing of what you're arguing about.

What book?

And the onus is on you to provide a link to it, as you're the one who made the claim of plagiarism.

Honestly, I think you're just salty for some reason.

PS And that you just threw in 'Brexit' so nonchalantly when no one was even going anywhere near that topic says a lot about you.

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
I wonder how schooldays are going to be structured. I doubt we‘ll be sitting in a bunch of lessons five days a week.

Zeroing

Banned
You've told me (us) nothing of what you're arguing about.

What book?

And the onus is on you to provide a link to it, as you're the one who made the claim of plagiarism.

Honestly, I think you're just salty for some reason.
It was an example ! I am not salty, like I said before it is sad move from of her, replying to fans saying no, no inspiration from your country while even one of the characters is named after a Portuguese dictator and so on... it is not about plagiarism it's about her being dismissive and not caring.

After watching the SoP. HOT DAYUM; that looked amazing.
Some fears:
- Its too good to be true
- MTX hell post launch
- Downgrades (since cross gen)
- Not optimized for next gen,

Tams

Gold Member
It was an example ! I am not salty, like I said before it is sad move from of her, replying to fans saying no, no inspiration from your country while even one of the characters is named after a Portuguese dictator and so on... it is not about plagiarism it's about her being dismissive and not caring.
Stephen Curry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Moneal

It's more likely that she came up with Slytherin first and looked for a cool sounding S first name. All the Hogwarts founders were alterations. Salazar seems to be a common name in Spanish, Portuguese, and Roma peoples, being a name that has a history of nobility.

PerfectDark

Banned
Hands down nothing even close this is the most amazing game ever made. This game is like 20 years ahead of all video games made.

Top Bottom