• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy recommended specs 1080Ti, i5-8400

Recently, I installed the old Harry Potter games. They are pretty neat. Some of them are kind of like Zelda games.

Some of the transparencies were not working right. I had to used dgVooDoo2 and a fan patch to fix it.
I liked the Chamber of Secrets game. It seemed like after that, things started to fall apart a little bit. Maybe it was the mandate that the game had to ship at the same time as the movies, and they just kept getting further and further behind, but things went way downhill after that game.

Krathoon

I got a 1080GTX, so I probably will be ok running it. I did get a 3060RTX I was going to put in. More of a side grade. Still, you get the RTX and DLSS benefits.

The game is also releasing on Switch/PS4/Xbone, i dont understand the high requirement. It's gotta be a poorly optimized port.
The game's been in development since 2017ish, so it was originally targeted for the PS4/Xbone hardware to begin with. So they're probably just wanting to make sure the PC version runs near or better than the next-gen versions, which started being worked on much later in development, once the specs for those consoles were being finalized. Switch port is sort of unimportant in this discussion, because it'll probably be like the Witcher 3 port. Being that it is technically amazing that it is even possible to do at all, but yikes.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Did you read what you replied to? GPU prices are crazy high and stocks are as low as ever. We are in unprecedented times, with a lot of shortage in chip manufacturing.
Where do you live? Africa? Antarctic? GPU prices are not crazy anymore in the rest of the world.

Andodalf

Banned
It's quite weird I think that the minimum spec is 1070, and recommended is 1080ti, you usually have a wider range between min and recommended.
It's probably just like 1080p 60 for Recommended and 1080p 30 for min. Both with low-med.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I find it hilarious that a 11 tflops GPU is minimum for a game that was designed around the limitations of a 1.3 tflops GPU.

Also funny that people think SSDs wont be made required because majority of PC users are locking shitty laptops. But 1080ti being a minimum requirement is ok!

Krathoon

This game will probably run better on my laptop. It has SSDs and a 3070GTX. I may use that and hook it up to the TV.

My FE 1080 hanging on by a CU.
Just installed Death Stranding and was surprised at how well it was running. This computer just keeps on keeping on.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I find it hilarious that a 11 tflops GPU is minimum for a game that was designed around the limitations of a 1.3 tflops GPU.

Also funny that people think SSDs wont be made required because majority of PC users are locking shitty laptops. But 1080ti being a minimum requirement is ok!
Not minimum.

Rickyiez

Did you read what you replied to? GPU prices are crazy high and stocks are as low as ever. We are in unprecedented times, with a lot of shortage in chip manufacturing.
Bro GPU prices has already dropped so much recently , even in third world country here where I'm living we can get 3080Ti cheaper than 3080 initial pricing back in Sep 2020 . There's absolutely no excuse to be still dwelling in the cross gen past . We have to move on .

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
1080 Ti is faster than 2060 in a huge margin from raw performance alone
Outside of things like DLSS compatibility, a 1080ti is faster than a 2060, so a recommended 2060 would be a lower requirement actually.

It's definitely getting old, but it never was "mid-upper", 1080ti was the high end back then, there were no 90 during that gen.
Er you realize the 1080ti is considerably more powerful than a 2060 right?. In fact even the GTX 1080 beats the 2060 in most games.
If you check Youtube benchmarks, a 1080ti is very close to the 2070 Super in benchmarks, and actually beats the 2070 Super in most games., and a 2070 Super can exceed PS5 and XSX in game benchmarks.

I fucked up, I am unsure why I wrote 2060, I wanted to say 2080. So apologies.

Thaedolus

The 1080Ti is the best hardware investment I've ever made. Still great for 1080p/1440p gaming, no need to upgrade just yet. 🥰

Game looks promising, hope it turns out great!
Yeah I don’t think I’ve ever had a graphics card last nearly 5 years like my 1080ti has…can’t do 4K RT or anything but it’s still chugging through new releases at decent settings at 1440p.

It’ll be time to retire it soon when the 40xx series comes around, but it’s been a beast for half a decade now.

That's for 1080p 60fps.

I wish we would have another tier for those on 1440/4K and 120hz.

From those specs I need to try figure out what kind of performance I'll get at 1440p 144hz.

My FE 1080 hanging on by a CU.
Just installed Death Stranding and was surprised at how well it was running. This computer just keeps on keeping on.
To be fair, Death Stranding isn't really a demanding game and the Decima engine is impressive. Runs damn good on PC even without DLSS.

Last edited:

lukilladog

Bro GPU prices has already dropped so much recently , even in third world country here where I'm living we can get 3080Ti cheaper than 3080 initial pricing back in Sep 2020 . There's absolutely no excuse to be still dwelling in the cross gen past . We have to move on .

Moot point, proper well optimized ports also benefit newer cards by allowing higher resolutions and fps, a card like the 3060 should not have any problem running this at 1440 80 fps, but if the game truly requires a 1080ti, then that would not be possible.

GymWolf

It looks like a good old gen game so no surprise here.

I mean i'm surprised because the requisites are actually realistic and not some exagerated bullcrap.

Edit: why is people acting like a 1080ti is a steep requisite for a relatively modern open world game??

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
1080ti is a fucking legend. Just refuses to quit.

giphy.gif

The specs scream "badly optimised". Gameplay footage I've seen was always spotty, performance wise. Do we know the resolution/framerate of the console version fidelity and performance modes?

Umbasaborne

Banned
harry-potter-ps1-game-fred-and-george-jpg

Found screenshots of the switch version
Im joking of course, but i wish who ever was making the switch port actually designed that port around the limitations of the system. So instead of one big open world, each area is a seperate hub, instead of a high res realistic looking art style, it opted for a more cartoony, stylized look that worked better with the switch hardware. Think the ghost busters game for wii vs its ps360 counterpart.

Kenpachii

1080ti with upscale settings probably fsr at 1080p just high settings. yea that doesn't bode well at all even for top end cards.

Last edited:

DZ_b_EZ

All of the people complaining about the specs being too high must have really shit-tier PCs. It's 2022, time to save a bit of money and upgrade.

Top Bottom