• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Peformance Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman76

Balanced mode on series x is nearly 60fps most of the time, it can get a bit choppy at times though especially in the castle. Outside it stay around 55-60 pretty consistently. I switched off all the other bits, DoF, blur, CA and grain, and put frames uncapped. Not sure if turning those off makes a difference but I'm definitely seeing better performance than what is listed in the OP for XSX Balanced mode. Running on an S95B, looks incredible!!!

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm still stuck with an HDMI 2.0 TV, so seems like performance mode is it for me. Hopefully it's actually a solid 60 on PS5.

GymWolf

Rtx being a useless performance hog is nothing new.

Nice to know that i can disable that shit and gain like 50 frames with minimal fidelity loss.

Last edited:
, but Xbox Series X framerate is higher in all other modes.
Now this is why this youtuber was banned once here. He constantly spins things in order to favor his favorite box.
Because according to his own video the framerate mode (not HFR) actually favors PS5 very slightly. XSX runs a bit better in quality and balanced mode, both modes (not only quality but balanced too) actually have lower quality shadows on Xbox.

But the Ray tracing mode on XSX is clearly broken with constant big stutters. It's quite shocking. VRR won't help with those. Not surprised he doesn't talk about those stutters on Xbox in the RT mode either.
ZKJERyW.png

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Balanced mode on series x is nearly 60fps most of the time, it can get a bit choppy at times though especially in the castle. Outside it stay around 55-60 pretty consistently. I switched off all the other bits, DoF, blur, CA and grain, and put frames uncapped. Not sure if turning those off makes a difference but I'm definitely seeing better performance than what is listed in the OP for XSX Balanced mode. Running on an S95B, looks incredible!!!

Now that's what i wanna hear - whatever get's me close to 60 fps on the highest quality mode is the key. With VRR on, it seems it'll be good experience.
Dont care about RT either.

Who is your source though.. Freeman76 Freeman76 ? :pie_diana:

Last edited:

Lysandros

Some Players have already made comparassion videos of each platform on how they run:

hogwarts-legacy-wizard.jpg

• PS5 and Xbox X Series have 5 display modes.
  • The quality snot displays settings similar to High/Ultra on PC with an average resolution of 1800p at 30fps without ray-tracing.
  • Ray-tracing mode is applied on shadows and reflections (except water).
  • The PC version applies ray-tracing on the ambient occlusion of the character.
  • However, RT by generates too much noise on some surfaces on consoles and PC.
  • Ray-Tracing mode decreases drawing distance and texture quality on PS5 and Xbox Series X.
  • Xbox Series S does not have Ray-Tracing. In this version we can choose between 3 display modes that prioritize graphic quality, framerate or balanced (the latter only with 120Hz screens).
  • Shorter loading times on PS5.
  • Shadows in Quality (Fidelity) mode have a higher resolution on PS5 compared to Xbox Series X.
  • We can unlock the framerate on consoles (except Xbox Series S).
  • PS5 shows better performance in Ray-Tracing mode, but Xbox Series X framerate is higher in all other modes.
  • Quality mode increases texture quality, draw distance, shadows, vegetation and lighting on consoles. - All versions have stuttering problems inside the castle while advancing through the rooms. There will even be times when we get stuck in a doorway until the other room has finished loading.
  • Xbox Series S has a lower NPC density.
  • Balanced and Performance HFR modes can only be enabled on 120Hz compatible displays.
  • On PC, Ray-Tracing is too demanding for what it delivers. This is another case of a game whose traditional lighting system is the clear basis of development and Ray-Tracing is a superfluous improvement.

Quality Mode:
  • Resolution: 1800p common
  • Texture quality, draw distance, shadows, vegetation and lighting are improved
  • FPS Target: 30 FPS
  • Actual performance: Sticks pretty solidly to the cap, but you can unlock it and it can reach as high as into the 40s and 50s.
Balanced Mode:
  • Resolution: 1800p dynamic
  • FPS Target: 40 FPS
  • Actual performance: Sticks to the cap it seems mostly, if unlocked can go as high as 45-50 FPS at times
Ray-Tracing Mode:
  • Resolution: 1440p common
  • Shadows and reflections have ray tracing (excluding water) but this mode decreases draw distance and texture quality.
  • FPS Target: 30 FPS
  • Actual performance: Sticks to 30 fps, if unlocked can go to 35-40 FPS at times and even the high 40s depending on section.
Performance:
  • Resolution: 1440p common
  • FPS Target: 60 FPS target
  • Actual performance: Sticks to 60 fps, if unlocked it can go as high as 70 FPS in some areas inside the castle and mid 60s in the outdoor area around the castle.
Performance HFR:
  • Resolution: 1080p common
  • FPS Target: unlocked 120 FPS ceiling
  • Actual performance: Around 80 FPS on average overall. Outside areas are looking to be around 60-70 FPS, inside the castle is 100-110 FPS.
Notes:
  • These are only in the areas tested in this video, there could be areas later on in the game where performance could vary.
  • All versions have stuttering problems inside the castle while advancing through the rooms.
  • PS5 has the fastest load times of all platforms
  • Balanced and Performance HFR modes can only be enabled on 120Hz compatible displays.
You are using a banned source being the unreliable and known fraud 'ElAnalistaDeBits'. I have enough of these attempts the breach the site's ban. He has loads of minions working for him apparently.

Draugoth

Gold Member
You are using a banned source being the unreliable and known fraud 'ElAnalistaDeBits'. I have enough of these attempts the breach the site's ban. He has loads of minions working for him apparently.

I will ask the mods to delete/close the thread

For fucks sake, can you guys keep these in the same topic. There's literally 5 different Hogwarts Legacy topics right now on first page, why couldn't this be posted in the OT?
This is the performance thread. The others are the review thread and the OT (for gameplay/general chat, etc).

Lumping everything into one thread would be a mess. It's common for new popular games to take over the 1st page for a while. They'll eventually disappear....in a couple weeks or something this thread and the review thread will disappear.

Also, nobody forced you to come in here unless you came to ignore it? See if you scroll to the top of the page there is an "Ignore Thread" button. It won't show up on your page then :)

Reckheim

ray tracing sounds whack, only ambient occlusion on the character is some BS. I'll just get it for ps5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom