• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Next Gen Immersion Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member

How Hogwarts Legacy taps PS5 features to make gameplay feel magical

Connect With Your Wand​

A witch or wizard should never be without their wand, and the PlayStation 5’s DualSense wireless controller becomes an extension of your wand in Hogwarts Legacy. With so many spells at your disposal, the adaptive triggers allow for more flexibility in combat. You’ll feel the magical resistance at your fingertips through every spell, whether firing off a basic cast or summoning the strength for a more powerful charm. Spells will feel unique when you cast them, thanks to haptic feedback providing a direct connection between the DualSense controller and your wand. We’ve specifically isolated these effects to the right side of the controller to let the DualSense become an extension of the wand you hold in the game. And when you deflect a spell with Protego, you’ll feel the sizzling of the magic being reflected and absorbed by the Shield Charm.

Adaptive triggers and haptic feedback aren’t just limited to spellcasting and wand work, however. The DualSense controller lets you feel a variety of events throughout the world, whether it’s crushing ingredients with a mortar and pestle in Potions class, feeling the screech of a Mandrake seedling, or flying through the skies on a broom or a hippogriff. The DualSense is your connection to the magic on PS5.

We’ve also tapped into the DualSense controller’s light to give you a unique bit of personalization. When not flashing along with spells being cast or damage being taken, the DualSense controller lights will pulse with the colors of your Hogwarts house: blue and bronze for Ravenclaw, scarlet and gold for Gryffindor, green and silver for Slytherin, and yellow and black for Hufflepuff.

Sights and Sounds of Hogwarts​

Visually, we’ve come a long way since the days of the beloved Hagrid on the original PlayStation. Hogwarts Legacy on PS5 lets you take in Hogwarts and the surrounding area in stunning 4K, as well as a choice between Fidelity and Performance graphics modes. This choice will allow you to create your preferred experience, whether that’s prioritizing a higher framerate or visual fidelity.
The PS5 console’s Tempest 3D AudioTech will put you right in the heart of the wizarding world. Hear the crackle of fire as you cast Incendio, potions bubbling in cauldrons, and the uniquely detailed soundscapes of each environment to really make you feel present. And if you play without headphones, you’ll be treated to additional immersive sounds through the DualSense controller speaker, like the soft flap of a Hippogriff’s wings and effects of each spell you cast.

Additionally, expect the PlayStation 5’s ultra high-speed SSD to provide quick loading times no matter how you choose to move from place to place, whether you take the scenic route on a broom or fast travel via the Floo Network. We’ll also support the PS5’s Activity Cards and Game Help features.We’re thrilled to connect you with the wizarding world in a more immersive way than ever before thanks to the PS5 and DualSense controller when Hogwarts Legacy launches Holiday 2022.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

I remember the first time I connected with my wand

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Harry Potter games are on the record as being trash I think people over value trailers and the tech nerds will dismantle the game upon release yeah that’s harsh but games are $70 today I expect good to great games.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I connected with my wand this morning. Also this is as much “holiday 2022” as horizon was “holiday 2021”. This shit is totally getting delayed to february or march of next year

The game was already delayed because of the Switch port, it was supposed to come out in 2021

Kabelly

i went pc route for m next gen games but i am a little miffed i am missing dualsense features. i do know some games on pc support it though.

Harry Potter games are on the record as being trash I think people over value trailers and the tech nerds will dismantle the game upon release yeah that’s harsh but games are $70 today I expect good to great games.

Previous Harry Potter games were from the days when licensed games were mainly rushed, low budget efforts to cash off a movie release. Things have changed since then.

Not saying it's guaranteed to be good, just that there's not much use trying to find a precedent.

.Pennywise

Banned
Nice. All games should make use of the DualSense features. Although the gimmicky novelty wears off quickly, it's better to have it than not.

saintjules

Recycled footage from State of Play. Looks good though.

Nice. All games should make use of the DualSense features. Although the gimmicky novelty wears off quickly, it's better to have it than not.

I think Astro's Playroom has used the features the best thus far, next to Returnal.

Last edited:

Fbh

Platform exclusivity then:
"You get 1 exclusive mission and 2 exclusive cosmetics"

Platform exclusivity now:
"CONNECT WITH YOUR WAND"

So everything they have shown looks good but I should dismiss it all because other studios several years ago made mostly bad movie tie in games?

Well... I continue to be very intrigued by this game, but I'll wait for reviews on the game and dualsense features.

I personally have no idea why they haven't made an Harry Potter MMO yet... that thing would probably do gangbusters!

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Platform exclusivity then:
"You get 1 exclusive mission and 2 exclusive cosmetics"

Platform exclusivity now:
"CONNECT WITH YOUR WAND"

So everything they have shown looks good but I should dismiss it all because other studios several years ago made mostly bad movie tie in games?
This game isn't even platform exclusive, its coming out on Switch, PC, Xbox S/X; it just has Sony exclusive marketing.

I'm getting gotham knights vibes from this game. When we see more I'm expecting a generic open world with a harry potter paint. Plus the studio making it isn't some superb studio. Better to go in cautious so if its mid you're not disappointed.

anthony2690

Banned
I quite like the ps5 rumble, hopefully they implement it as well as Astros playroom, I quite liked the gentle rumble. (Wouldn't complain if Microsoft improve their rumble in future pad revisions)

Absolutely hated the tension triggers though, as they made my hands ache, so I turned them off :).

Top Bottom