• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy is Europe’s fastest-selling game (that isn’t FIFA) for a generation | European Monthly Charts (PS5 5x last year)

Tsaki

They locked the thread to ban people who mentioned the game lol clearly some lunatics lol

aXAARbE.png
RIP these guys I guess

Chupanibre

The term ‚woke‘ should really be retired at this point. Not only because it‘s gotten old, but also because it is actually a misnomer. ‚Woke‘ implies someone is ‚awake‘, while others are asleep, which in turn implies a ‚woke‘ person knows more of the world than someone who‘s ‚unwoke‘. You could say Neo in the Matrix became ‚woke‘ when he discovered that his world is an illusion, and he woke up in the real world.

But people that are generally called ‚woke‘ aren’t anything like that, they are the opposite; they are neurotic, oversocialized, and hyper-conformist, and nothing terrifies them more than the thought that the world they‘ve build in their heads isn’t actually real. That‘s the reason why they consider certain forms of speech violence; they see no distinction between the real, physical world and the mental, immaterial world of ideology they‘ve constructed for themselves.

We really need a better term. I think something like ‚church ladies‘ or ‚schoolmarms‘ would be a much more apt description of their hyper-conformist, neurotic and stultifying nature. At the end of the day, these people are just incredibly lame and boring, and they suck the excitement and vitality out of everything they touch. So instead of saying „that movie was woke“, say „that movie was written by a bunch of church ladies“. Instead of „ResetEra is a woke forum“, say „ResetEra is populated by annoying schoolmarms“, or something like that. Calling someone ‚woke‘ just elicits an eye roll; but something like church lady or schoolmarm hits them right where it hurts, since despite everything, they still like to pretend they‘re transgressive rebels of some kind.
DyY2vF5.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It really outpaced Red Dead Redemption 2? I have a hard time believing that. Do we have those numbers for RDR2? Regardless, its obviously sold extremely well.

It's Harry Potter, which is one of the biggest and most popular franchises for people of all ages. I know a few people who picked up a console just to live out their HP fantasy.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be the biggest selling game of the year.

StereoVsn

It's Harry Potter, which is one of the biggest and most popular franchises for people of all ages. I know a few people who picked up a console just to live out their HP fantasy.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be the biggest selling game of the year.
Yeah, Harry Potter is huge despite bad batch of latest movies and "controversy". Ton of people love HP.

Also, kids who first got into Harry Potter back when it was first released (books and then movies) are now adults and have disposable income.

StereoVsn

The awards threads at the end of the year are gonna be wild over there.
Also, I can't even imagine the meltdown over there if they reveal a DLC during the big Sony show everyone is waiting for.
Wait, there is a word on DLC? Thought last comment was that they didn't even start talking about that.

StereoVsn

There are no current plans for DLC considering they still need to finish and release the (delayed again) PS4/Bone and Switch versions of the game.
Which is a shame (no DLC plans) since these are different teams potentially. Designers, modelers, artists, and more, a lot of folks won't be working on the ports who could be working toward new content.

Oh well...

They locked the thread to ban people who mentioned the game lol clearly some lunatics lol

aXAARbE.png

This is insanity. What a stinking mentality, and what a bitter, resentful lot!
Back on topic: I did expect the title to do well, but not this well! Happy for the developers. Also, the PS5 has gotten into beast mode...Chances are, Sony will be able to reach its sales target for the quarter...

EN250

It really outpaced Red Dead Redemption 2? I have a hard time believing that. Do we have those numbers for RDR2? Regardless, its obviously sold extremely well.

RDR has an old age western setting with themes more catered to a teen/adult audience that could not be able attract to a broader audience like a game that's light in tone about a magic school were kids can do magical stuff and all that

MMaRsu

Banned
The awards threads at the end of the year are gonna be wild over there.
Also, I can't even imagine the meltdown over there if they reveal a DLC during the big Sony show everyone is waiting for.
Theyve ignored any and all Sony promotion on this game. Nice selective shit. They dont hate on Sony.

r/games keeps locking threads about this, I messaged into the mod queue about it and was basically told to fuck off its their sub and they don't care what people think about this game. Insane lol

EN250

Either a massive troll, or a complete fucking idiot. What kind of moron only goes to one forum for news on a subject they enjoy?

They're a hivemind tho, it's twittard or reeee for them, some got caught in the crossfire, imagine how flicke it all is over there, years ago JKR was championed as one of the best of them for being on their side, then she said something that the mob didn't approve, so she failed her "social purity test" and then they started to hate on her and divulge sh*t she never actually said to claim she was the reincarnation of hitler :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom