• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts: Legacy confirmed as single player RPG (No co-op/multiplayer)

Thank God. I just want a great single player RPG in the Wizarding World. I don't want Co-Op, Games as Service shlock, Multiplayer Raids, or any of the BS we've seen normalize this gen. This game does not need to be Destiny with Wands to be successful. The fact that we're getting a legit HP game should be enough. I'm beyond excited and my jaw dropped when it came on in the Sony conference.

I'm quite disappointed....
I mean I wanted a real good single player campaign, but I would have also really loved an online mode.
I always dreamed about a harry potter mmo / mini mmo game, I really love this world, it's so comfy, I would have liked to be able to just free roam around it and chat with other people, would have been a good change from garry's mod hogwarts role playing servers...
Having a multiplayer would have been a good way to stay in the game on the long term if it's a world you really want to stay in.

It could be a DLC if the game sells really well.

Xenon

Great news. I've always considered the Harry Potter universe to be a bit flaky. It will be nice to see everything fleshed out and structured.

Azurro

Banned
Oh, too bad, I really wanted to see a mode where children are Aveda Kedabra-ing each other to death. :p

I would like to know how being situated into a school house works. I'm hoping for a quiz (ala The Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon series), along with the option to choose your preferred house if you want. Just incase the game decides you belong in *shudders* Hufflepuff.

Well if Harry Potter taught us anything, the correct way to do it would be to just tell the Sorting Hat the house you want.

Fbh

Nice!
I was half expecting it would be another game where the whole point is to play the same missions over and over again to grind for slightly better magic wands and cloaks with yellow stats instead of blue ones.

This definitely makes me more interested in the game.

Wonder if people will stick to there guns and not buy this or is it just a really vocal minority up in arms.

I really hope this game sells well. Anything that shows companies and shareholders that the angry twitter mob is just a vocal minority that's irrelevant in the larger picture is welcome.

GodofWhimsy

Well if Harry Potter taught us anything, the correct way to do it would be to just tell the Sorting Hat the house you want.
That'd be a good way to tie the option of a choice into the narrative. Have your choice be the player charecter influencing the sorting hat's decision.

Veysetia

Im alright with that, it still looks like a solid game, one I'll never play, but still decent quality, especially if you are a fan of the world/setting.

Top Bottom