• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HobbyGaming or How I learned to stop worrying and love the mods

Gamernyc is a cool dude, he's one of my favorite posters on here
He sure is, no doubt.

4b1dd9.jpg

4b1dya.jpg

Then GDC came... Mandigo knocked on his door, bad ending.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
gaf has a hate boner for this game because of the SJW stuff. that doesnt mean you can go around reporting 9 posts in a thread and expect not to have anything happen to you.

if you want a safe space to discuss controversial games like this, era is that way.
It was 5-6 comments and I got reported for saying less. But I'm moving along :)

Kadayi

Banned
Quit while you're behind man, take the L on the chin like a man, take a break from GAF for the rest of the day to cool off. Grab a beer, watch some Netflix and chill. Once you've had time to cool off you should be able to see things more clearly, I honestly wouldn't want you getting permed by poking the bear with your misplaced persecution complex.

GAF is a fun place where we can shoot the shit and talk about games and other random topics. We get you love your console, but maybe take a step back from the warz for a bit and reevaluate your priorities/posting habits.

^This.

Personally I'm amused at the furore given I was a participant. apparently. Frankly first I knew of this was logging in just now. The last couple of days I've been mainly building roads, creating zip line networks, delivering packages, zapping Bts and getting those all important 5 Stars (like the Pokemon... gotta get them all ) in Death Stranding. Gamers gotta game.

I personally think that's extremely offensive, and I doubt he can say that as a man on your face, but such disgusting insults shouldn't be taken lightly. Some people are extremely losers in real life and it's pretty reflective here.

You'd be surprised. I don't mince my words for anyone.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Funny thread and a good reminder of why I like GAF.

On a serious note, here's a suggestion for anyone who'd like to have a more peaceful time on the forum. Whenever someone speaks to you disrespectfully, walk away from the conversation. Maybe give them a parting shot, but then put them on ignore. That gives them the last word, but it keeps your ego from getting hooked into thinking you have to respond ... and they respond, then you respond, and you get the whole unproductive, escalating back and forth.

If someone in real life talked to you disrespectfully, what would you do? I'd just walk away. I'm done with that person, because they've demonstrated they don't know how to be a decent person. I might give them a parting shot, but I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth with someone like that. They aren't worth my time or energy.

I find it solves a lot of problems and makes my time on forums more enjoyable and peaceful.

I envy you for the bold section/paragraph, I hope one day I can be that patient. But if it's an old man, a kid, a woman then it's pretty easy to smile and walk away.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I envy you for the bold section/paragraph, I hope one day I can be that patient. But if it's an old man, a kid, a woman then it's pretty easy to smile and walk away.

To me, it's about self-respect and conservation of energy. If I let myself get drawn in, I get wound up, and then (often) my whole day is colored by my agitation over the encounter. Why put myself through that? To defend myself against the opinion of someone who doesn't know me and doesn't give a shit about me? Waste of time and energy.

Plus, like Mark Twain said,

quote-don-t-wrestle-with-pigs-you-both-get-dirty-and-the-pig-likes-it-mark-twain-54-12-76.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
To me, it's about self-respect and conservation of energy. If I let myself get drawn in, I get wound up, and then (often) my whole day is colored by my agitation over the encounter. Why put myself through that? To defend myself against the opinion of someone who doesn't know me and doesn't give a shit about me? Waste of time and energy.

Plus, like Mark Twain said,

quote-don-t-wrestle-with-pigs-you-both-get-dirty-and-the-pig-likes-it-mark-twain-54-12-76.jpg

It's very, very hard. But sometimes I don't get bothered when I'm in a great mood. I like that quotation, and although I have a very bad temper, it never escalates to fights as rules here can't take it easy and could ruin your life/reputation/career. And overall, I don't really get randomly insulted by strangers face-to-face, it's extremely rare where I live anyway.

Let's try to be better!

Guilty_AI

I'll say this as many times as it takes. Do you recognize you have a problem with console and exclusive wars? Do you want to get rid of it and learn how to enjoy games in peace again? Easy. Play nothing but low-spec pc games for an year, it'll get you in shape again in no time. Old consoles work too.

Kadayi

Banned
The guy you quoted.

LOL, no , I mean as in I legitimately don't think I've ever seen you before on GAF and I'm pretty regular here. You must operate in some rarefied topics if this is the first time you've come to my attention (though not in the best way it has to be said). 5K+ posts since February this year (that daily post count..:messenger_dizzy: ), 25K likes, even a custom tag too boot (need I ask?), You must be living for that little dopamine notification hit up there in the top right something fierce. 🤔

Kagey K

Banned
Last edited:

Hobbygaming

People get so riled up by this crap, it's crazy. Like dude, just enjoy the games you like. If you wanna try the other team then buy their product also.

What's the point? We're not kids. We're not Era, we actually have jobs!
I have a Xbox One and almost every exclusive they've made this generation besides some like Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves

Hobbygaming

I lack context, and after scrounging through that thread, I was wrong. You didn't say anything about stealth.

Care to explain though what is "wrong" with Hitman gameplay which makes them worst than TLOU2?
There's nothing wrong with Hitman's gameplay. I think Hitman 2 is amazing, I just don't think its gameplay is better than TLOU 2 but that can change on any given day as I even like Hitman 2 as a game more overall

Redlancet

Banned
Nah, mods here are pretty fine, compare this to that psiquiátric ward that its era, this is like the old gaf, banter, trolling its fine

I earned this tag from a mod, and is fine, i like to make fun of Angry xbox fanboys, thats a guilty pleasure of mine

Last edited:

joe_zazen

Welcome back. I waited to reply until the dust started settling. You sound better now. Report that one ridiculous attack at you. Mention in the report a couple other rowdy folks and then just move on. I’m positive at your tone now and hope you continue to post.

For the record: I didn’t like the way this thread started, but I think we are witnessing a rare case where someone gets close to the edge and walks back.

I like when this happens and the person doesn't get banned or leaves in a huff. there is some personal growth to be had in being able to say or do the ‘wrong’ thing and still being able to be part of a community and being strong enough to come back.

This whole trend of thought policing, cancelling, mobbing...it just isnt healthy.

LOL, no , I mean as in I legitimately don't think I've ever seen you before on GAF and I'm pretty regular here. You must operate in some rarefied topics if this is the first time you've come to my attention (though not in the best way it has to be said). 5K+ posts since February this year (that daily post count..:messenger_dizzy: ), 25K likes, even a custom tag too boot (need I ask?), You must be living for that little dopamine notification hit up there in the top right something fierce. 🤔
Lol Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem got kicked out from " The Next Gen thread " (timed reply ban) that's why he's everywhere now :messenger_grinning:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Lol Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem got kicked out from " The Next Gen thread " (timed reply ban) that's why he's everywhere now :messenger_grinning:
Probably explains why I've never heard of him if that's his hang out. Thanks for the update. I thought maybe it was a name change initially, until I saw the start date. 🤔

You guys know that this is a gaming forum, right? Being known here isn't like being known in NASA, we're here only for news about our hobby and to have fun. So, you better be known in other things other than gaming in real life, except if you're making money out of it then good for you.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

That's called too much spare time, and so much fun and engagement. In case you didn't notice, we're still stock in COVID-19.

I'm grateful for all the reactions and engagement I got, and if in case you don't see me outside the speculation thread is because I can't keep up with that single thread, and it's dense with all sort of news, deep analysis, knowledgeable people, and banter as well. So while I'm in an experimental phase now checking out what's out there, but I honestly feel most threads are kinda "chat rooms" with barely anything worth it except if it's laughs and fun, but can't see enough tech talk outside the the speculation thread + PS5 OT.

By the way, you quoted me and started talking to me so I'm not sure why you're bringing this history lesson to the table. I'm still not sure what you meant with your original, first engagement with me, but never mind. Enjoy your day, sir.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
You guys know that this a gaming forum, right? Being known here isn't like being known in NASA, we're here only for news about our hobby and to have fun. So, you better be known in other things other than gaming in real life, except if you're making money out of it then good for you.

1301549412518_7034260.png

By the way, you quoted me and started talking to me so I'm not sure why you're bringing this history lesson to the table. I'm still not sure what you meant with your original, first engagement with me, but never mind. Enjoy your day, sir.

VONhN.gif

You guys know that this a gaming forums, right?
Yes.
Being known here isn't like being known in NASA
Wait what ?
we're here only for news about our hobby and to have fun.
Yes.
So, you better be known in other things other than gaming in real life
What tha ?
except if you're making money out of it then good for you.
but I honestly feel most threads are kinda "chat rooms" with barely anything worth it except if it's laughs and fun, but can't see enough tech talk outside the the speculation thread + PS5 OT.

we're here only for news about our hobby and to have fun.
it's dense with all sort of news, deep analysis, knowledgeable people
:pie_eyeroll:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You guys are really weird? You just made several quotes of me few minutes ago and I just replied to you:

Anyway, I'll leave it there.
That's weird, all i remember is that it started with this :

i responded with this
he said this :
Probably explains why I've never heard of him if that's his hang out. Thanks for the update. I thought maybe it was a name change initially, until I saw the start date. 🤔
You quoted us with this.
You guys know that this is a gaming forum, right? Being known here isn't like being known in NASA, we're here only for news about our hobby and to have fun. So, you better be known in other things other than gaming in real life, except if you're making money out of it then good for you.
That was weird.

Top Bottom