• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman III |OT| I bet Agent 47 is making a Killing

Played a bunch of the Dubai mission last night. The level design is outstanding.

I'm also digging some of the new wrinkles they've added to the game design, like the shortcuts you can unlock, and the more linear "story-driven" nature of the first playthrough of a mission that doesn't come into play on replays. I'll reserve judgment until playing the rest of the missions, but I wonder if this solves the problem I had with Colorado (and frankly, too many of the missions in Hitman 2) where you're railroaded a bit by story-focused objectives.

Great so far!

Edit: kinda sad that this thread has 4 pages while the console comparison thread has 26.
Yeah, I have a tough time relating to all that noise. After playing Hitman 1&2 on PS4 at a locked 30fps, I think Hitman 3 looks and plays fantastic on PS5. No complaints whatsoever. Sure, I could have gotten the Series X version had I not transferred progress over from PS4 (I do want to check out some of the old maps in PSVR, though), but I'm not, like, beating myself up over it, lol.

Ammogeddon

706337ac20bd7d26-.gif

Just played through Dartmoor as the detective. I want a game entirely like this.

Futurematic

Am I missing some easy way to become the detective? Because I knocked him and the gardener out at the bridge, neither the set of guards nor the maid can see their bodies so it worked… but not elegantly.

I love the new twists IOI added, detective and the club are brilliant.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Am I missing some easy way to become the detective? Because I knocked him and the gardener out at the bridge, neither the set of guards nor the maid can see their bodies so it worked… but not elegantly.

I love the new twists IOI added, detective and the club are brilliant.
If you follow him until he's inside, you can sneak inside through a window on the right of the main entrance. You can wait in the hallway for a moment and he'll walk straight up to you. Take him out, take his clothes, hide him and walk into the main area and everyone will assume you're the detective and get proper introductions. The rest goes naturally.

Droxcy

Played the Dubai mission never been a fan of Hitman games but i'm having fun knocking people out in front of other people stripping them of their clothes and sneaking away.

SJRB

Gold Member
The second mission has two areas that are locked but where the game makes you think there are keys lying around. Literally spent an hour searching the place, checked online and turns out both locations require forced entry with a crowbar. Not cool, game. Also makes no sense, how is there no key to the greenhouse anywhere when multiple main characters frequent that place? It's not logical.

/random videogame logics rant.

The conclusion was nice though. The detective stuff was kinda weird and out of place, but cool at the same time.

Felt super bizarre to me that you a) reveal yourself to Alexa and she just goes "o well, that's cool" and lets you walk away no problem, and b) literally immediately turns your back on you and goes outside ALONE. Just wild.

Dries

Does everyone still have 0 mission story progress transfered? On PC in my case. Everything except mission stories seem to have been transfered.

Futurematic

Yeah everything but mission stories since ~12 hours into launch day on PS5. I’m okay with that, it’s helping me complete the maps I didn’t level 20 like Mumbai and Santa Fortuna lol

Last edited:
The second mission has two areas that are locked but where the game makes you think there are keys lying around. Literally spent an hour searching the place, checked online and turns out both locations require forced entry with a crowbar. Not cool, game. Also makes no sense, how is there no key to the greenhouse anywhere when multiple main characters frequent that place? It's not logical.

/random videogame logics rant.

The conclusion was nice though. The detective stuff was kinda weird and out of place, but cool at the same time.

Felt super bizarre to me that you a) reveal yourself to Alexa and she just goes "o well, that's cool" and lets you walk away no problem, and b) literally immediately turns your back on you and goes outside ALONE. Just wild.
The key to the greenhouse is on the woman whos with her husband in that big room facing the greenhouse

Hostile_18

Banned
I have Hitman, Hitman 2 Gold but only played the first 3 levels. Am I better off playing through these games first before buying or is there any substantial differences playing through them on number 3?

Also does anyone think this game will have DLC levels or does it end in a way that makes it unlikely? 😊

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Can you try it with headphones plugged into the controller?
Yep I was wrong, there is some clipping, I just didn't notice it because I played with the tv speakers.

In other news the game seems to struggle more to stay connected, but it was to be expected from increased weekend traffic. I'm currently unable to finish the mission with a summary screen, because it disconnects and shows some bs message about failing to authorize. At least the challenges are saved properly.

Kagey K

Banned
I can’t get access to the Hitman 1 maps on Xbox. When I click get access it takes me to the H1 GOTY access pass, says I own it, but there’s no file for me to install to unlock those levels.

😡

Edit: Fixed it by going to Xbox.com and forcing the download onto my systems.

Last edited:

XXL

Gold Member
I'm playing them all in VR and this is a fucking amazing VR game. It has some lows/flaws, but the highs are outstanding. The levels are amazingly designed and the immersion of the stealth gameplay is unreal. Highly recommended.

If they update this for PS5 and PSVR2, my God. This is legit.

Last edited:

Arachnid

I can’t get access to the Hitman 1 maps on Xbox. When I click get access it takes me to the H1 GOTY access pass, says I own it, but there’s no file for me to install to unlock those levels.

😡

Edit: Fixed it by going to Xbox.com and forcing the download onto my systems.
Dude, you are a life saver. I emailed them days ago trying to fix this and haven't gotten a response yet. This worked.

ily

Kagey K

Banned
Dude, you are a life saver. I emailed them days ago trying to fix this and haven't gotten a response yet. This worked.

ily
Glad to be of service. 😁

I just played through Paris on H1, 2 and 3 and can definitely say that the upgrade is worth it if you are a fan of the series.

Plus having all 3 games in 3 provides a ton of content for those that haven’t exhausted all the content from the first 2 games.

I can’t wait to see what they do with Project 007.

Freeman76

Having all 3 in one place is brilliant. Having so much fun with this, only issue is picking what to do as there is so much choice.

3 is fantastic as well, plenty of new approaches and the last mission is a blatant tryout for their Bond game, even has a nod to Goldeneye on N64 in it. Brilliant stuff.

Question on Playing Hitman 1-2 on H3. When registering the first 2 games, does it download the 1st 2 games into the Ps5?

Because I have Hitman 2 already installed (along with Hitman 1 as it carried over) on the Ps5, but I don’t seem to see that Hitman 3 downloaded these games, even though I’m playing all 3 on Hitman 3. My challenges/mastery didn’t carry which is a huge bummer but nothing that I can’t do again.

Also, does playing H1-2 on H3 have any graphical updates?

Kagey K

Banned
Question on Playing Hitman 1-2 on H3. When registering the first 2 games, does it download the 1st 2 games into the Ps5?

Because I have Hitman 2 already installed (along with Hitman 1 as it carried over) on the Ps5, but I don’t seem to see that Hitman 3 downloaded these games, even though I’m playing all 3 on Hitman 3. My challenges/mastery didn’t carry which is a huge bummer but nothing that I can’t do again.

Also, does playing H1-2 on H3 have any graphical updates?
The maps are in the main 60 gig file instead of each map being downloaded individually like in 2.

All the maps get the H3 upgrade, they are updated to the Hitman 3 engine, cutscenes look unchanged though.

If you have an ioi account set up and you have signed into 2 with it you should have got a carry forward message when you signed into 3 to bring all your masteries, account levels and challenges forward.

Last edited:
The maps are in the main 60 gig file instead of each map being downloaded individually like in 2.

All the maps get the H3 upgrade, they are updated to the Hitman 3 engine, cutscenes look unchanged though.

If you have an ioi account set up and you have signed into 2 with it you should have got a carry forward message when you signed into 3 to bring all your masteries, account levels and challenges forward.

thanks,

but what the hell, i never got the message to carry over my stats/challenges?

edit: nevermind, I think I got it. The website is kind of hidden in the menu and I did a one-time transfer. Says I have to wait 5 minutes though.

Last edited:

dyergram

Never been a fan of the series beyond the original. Gonna give this a fair shot graphics look really clean (ps5) trigger stuff feels great I just completed the first mission was fun. Cutscenes look pants compared to the gameplay weirdly.

scalman

I dont like that its same old style gameplay not very open so much scripted. Change clothes in this place now duck in here climb in here. Cant climb in another place because you dont need to... ok but games kinda moved forward and i changed myself too with that , i loved old hitman games but i just cant adapt to this now after all those open worlds . Started choking some old lady in in front everyone because i walked near her and it said press this button so i did pressed it. Everyone started shooting at me , so died. Must not chok people around me next time damn.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I got the deluxe edition but don't know how to access the first two games. Any help?
Make sure the expansion pass files are installed. You get it on Xbox or ps?

If on Xbox go check your ready to install and make sure you have hitman 2, Hitman 2 expansion pass and Hitman 1 GOTY pass.

I’m not sure how to check for those files on PS.

Then if you go to campaigns it’s split into the 3 games, and the prologue.

Edit: I had a problem with not being able to install the Hitman 1 one and had to go to Xbox.com select the add on and install to my devices from there.

Last edited:

Concern

If on Xbox go check your ready to install and make sure you have hitman 2, Hitman 2 expansion pass and Hitman 1 GOTY pass.

Edit: I had a problem with not being able to install the Hitman 1 one and had to go to Xbox.com select the add on and install to my devices from there.

I got it on the Xbox. I had looked up hitman 2 and it asks me to buy it. Will check ready to install to see if its there. Thanks

Concern

Ok 2 is installing but I can't find 1 even on Xbox.com. i don't want to start 3 without playing the others cuz I saw it'll delete my progress when 2 carries over.

Kagey K

Banned
Ok 2 is installing but I can't find 1 even on Xbox.com. i don't want to start 3 without playing the others cuz I saw it'll delete my progress when 2 carries over.
Try this.

If you do the import from Hitman 2 it deletes your progress, but since you never played it, you don’t have to worry about importing from that game. It just brings your account level and challenges and masteries across.

Concern

Try this.

If you do the import from Hitman 2 it deletes your progress, but since you never played it, you don’t have to worry about importing from that game. It just brings your account level and challenges and masteries across.

Oh so i could play 3 then jump to 2 without a problem?

It asks me to buy the game? Weird

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Oh so i could play 3 then jump to 2 without a problem?
Yes.

There’s even a short scene at the beginning that catches you up on the story in case you haven’t played the other 2.

It’s nothing too fancy just words and no gameplay or graphics, but it serves its purpose. 😉

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Anyone unlock the challenge for leaving the mission area on a bike in Dartmoor? Is there a second bike on the map?? Same with photographing Alexa during the family meeting - I've tried it from all angles and the challenge is not unlocking.

Dartmoor was very fun though, I especially liked how unlocking the harder shortcut made some challenges much more managable.
I have the same glitch with the bike. It won’t trigger.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I cleared all the HM3 levels. I have HM1 and HM2 levels loaded but I've never played either game. I don't really care about story. Which levels are the "highlights" to play through first in the older games?

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I have the same glitch with the bike. It won’t trigger.
I've read that you might be able to unlock that challenge if you approach the bike from the other side, but I didn't have the time to verify that.

I cleared all the HM3 levels. I have HM1 and HM2 levels loaded but I've never played either game. I don't really care about story. Which levels are the "highlights" to play through first in the older games?
Paris - aka how it all started, also the enteriors are equally good looking as Dartmoor
Sapienza - very beautiful huge ass map
Hokkaido - some cool concepts in this mission regarding exploration and one of the mission targets
Miami - another beautiful location with tons of areas to visit, the race offers some unique kills
Mumbai - great city map plus a nice concept involving another hitman
Isle of Sgail - challenging vertical map, some unique stuff like being able to put a knight armor
Haven Island - Agent 47 in paradise, what more can you wish for ;)

Last edited:

Concern

I forgot how frustrating these games are when you have no gadgets or anything. I ended up killing both my targets in the first level by throwing kitchen knife at one and scissor at the other lmao.

MAX PAYMENT

I played 1 and 2, went ahead and grabbed 3 because I liked the previous 2.

But I can honestly say I didn't "get it" until 3. Now I can't put the game down. Every level from 1 to 3 is a blast. It just sucks that the story "cutscenes" are so poorly done in 2. Especially when vital story moments happen in it.

bought this game on a whim yesterday, it's extremely meh, and is 100% a DLC for Hitman II nobody can argue this.
waste of money, it's just more Hitman II which I burned out on
5/10

lesson learned, don't listen to Neogaf impressions

Yoda

On the third level, liking this more than 2016 and 2. It does feel more like an expansion pack than a sequel though. Level design is noticeable better (IMO).

Concern

It is when you have nothing to start with, that you have to get creative.

I know, that's what I love about it. Struggling to get the old bitch right now tho. I get ocd about not being spotted even though i know its damn near impossible without gadgets lol. I try to do it without killing anyone but the target.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I know, that's what I love about it. Struggling to get the old bitch right now tho. I get ocd about not being spotted even though i know its damn near impossible without gadgets lol. I try to do it without killing anyone but the target.
Do the murder mystery storyline. It is so good. You will figure out the killer, and get opportunities.

Concern

Do the murder mystery storyline. It is so good. You will figure out the killer, and get opportunities.

Im doing it right now. Took w picture of the body but i need to take another it seems cuz of the icon still on map and can't figure out what it is.

Nixonomics

As a huge fan of the last two games I'm absolutely loving it so far. Definitely living up my expectations. No surprises coming from IOI - but the level design and atmosphere of these missions is absolutely top of the class. The entrance to the club in Berlin was so believable. Hearing the dulled bass pumping from the underground dance floor - having it grow louder and clearer as you made your way further in. The drastic difference between the dance hall inside and the chill out area outside where party goers can relax and catch their breath. It all feels so real and believable. I slow walked my way through the city streets of Chongqing just taking it all in. The bright neon city lights reflecting off the wet ground - beads of water running down 47's head. There's such an attention to detail in these games that makes them so enjoyable to play and get lost in. I still have two missions left before I really get to dig in and start discovering routes and strategies for more professional attempts. But so far I'm immensely pleased and I'm itching to get back to it.

Top Bottom