• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman III |OT| I bet Agent 47 is making a Killing

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The cutscenes are still static artwork?
No they're traditional ones, but don't expect them to be action-packed or long. They do a decent job of telling the story, however a stronger connection between a cut-scene and the next mission would've been nice in some cases.

D.Final

Banned
No they're traditional ones, but don't expect them to be action-packed or long. They do a decent job of telling the story, however a stronger connection between a cut-scene and the next mission would've been nice in some cases.
Oh
Cool

At least they are real cutscenes I guess

TheMooMan

Banned
So this trilogy is now the greatest stealth experience in gaming. Sorry Dishonored, Metal Gear and Splinter Cell.

Let's rank the levels from favourite to least favourite.

1. Sapienza
  2. Miami
  3. Berlin
  4. Santa Fortuna
  5. Marrakesh
  6. Mumbai
  7. Mendoza
  8. Bangkok
  9. Whittleton Creek
  10. Dartmoor
  11. Dubai
  12. Hawke's Bay
  13. Paris
  14. Colorado
  15. Isle of Sgail
  16. New York
  17. Haven Island
  18. Hokkaido
  19. Chongqing
  20. Carpathian Mountains

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Well I had Hitman 1 and 2 on PS4 but just bought Hitman 1 GOTY, Hitman 2 Gold and Hitman 3 for £93 total on the Series X. Took a bit of effort researching all the different editions and where to get them cheap, buying credit etc Was a fun mini game as it would of cost me £157 direct off the store.

If anyone from the UK wants to skip all that do this;

Hitman 3 Ebay digital code £35

Buy £50 of store credit for 45.99 (I also got 2 pound off here using loyalty coins) on cdkeys.

Buy "Hitman 2 Legacy GOTY" edition using credit plus 5 pounds. It can take a bit to find and on some screens it looks like it doesn't include Hitman 2 once you click it but it does.

Finally buy Hitman 2 Expansion pass on CDKeys for £6.99.
Where are you seeing £35 on eBay? Not trying to catch you out I’m just very interested for that price too.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I don't know about you guys, but I feel like Mendoza isn't as polished as the previous maps:
- There are multiple small brick walls 47 should be able to climb, especially on the edges of the villa. But no climbing, you're supposed to find a key or a disguise.
- There are some invisible walls where you should have a little bit more freedom.
- Already had bugs which prevented me from completing two assassination options. One I was able to resolve, one didn't trigger properly.

Darak

After playing through the main story, the game left me with mixed feelings. Some of the maps are small and, overall, I'd say there is less gameplay here compared with the previous two games. There are no changes to the gameplay, so the game still feels like a map expansion, just like Hitman 2 did. It's still an excellent game, but despite honest attempts at adding some welcomed surprises and variety to the maps, it's an excellent game I've played to death before.

Hopefully, the next time they return to the franchise they will try to innovate or at least iterate a bit on the gameplay... Weapon customization, a more involved planning stage before the mission, a better mechanic for 'enforcers' who can see through your disguise (instead of having a gamey icon over their heads), better environment and object interactivity, more options to talk to NPCs to get information or get out of sticky situations, etc.

SaiyanRaoh

I don't know if it's been asked but if I buy the PS5 version, does the PS4 version of this ONLY work on the PS5 or can I download a PS4 version on my PS4 as well. I ask because I do not want to disconnect my PSVR from my PS4 that's in a separate room. Thanks!

Bogey

Banned
I've played the first four levels from hitman 3 once now, and played Paris as well.

I quite like it so far, but I think it's way too easy to cheese things in most levels.

In Paris,

I shot the chanedelier above that guy when he made his very first speech, so killed him within seconds of starting that level without anyone noticing. Then I made may way up to the upper floor - only obstacle was two body guards. A simple coin toss was enough to lure one away, strangle him about 3 meters away from his buddy, then walk by his buddy as if nothing had happened. Then follow the second target for a minute, she goes into a room with 2 other people - I shoot the three of them, nobody notices, so I calmy stroll out again. Level done within minutes.

In Dubai,

I walk up to that main guy, just shoot him right in his face, walk through like 1 other door a few meters away so people completely lose track of me, change costumes and stroll out

In Berlin,

I didn't even enter the club. I just walked up to the roof, easily killed all guys on the way. Was an unstoppable killing machine the second after picking up that silenced assault rifle. I spotted someone through the rooftop window by chance while I was up there, just shot them because why not, turned out to be someone story relevant, not even sure who or why.

I know i know, you're probably not "supposed" to play that way, and most people like the game for its replayability / being able to plot so many different variations to take our their targets. But man, does the game make it easy for you to cheese your way to victory without any effort.

Last edited:
I've now finished every single challenge on each level.

Nothing left to do.

Sad :(

yet to play a single level for serious until they turn off that hideous VR camera cage

I should know better than pre-ordering. Every modern games is only ready for prime time after months of fixes.

Last edited:
Anyone have weirdness on ps5 but using the ps4 disc? It keeps showing hitman 2 in the games row and it keeps trying to default to the ps4 version

MAX PAYMENT

So this trilogy is now the greatest stealth experience in gaming. Sorry Dishonored, Metal Gear and Splinter Cell.

1. Sapienza
  2. Miami
  3. Berlin
  4. Santa Fortuna
  5. Marrakesh
  6. Mumbai
  7. Mendoza
  8. Bangkok
  9. Whittleton Creek
  10. Dartmoor
  11. Dubai
  12. Hawke's Bay
  13. Paris
  14. Colorado
  15. Isle of Sgail
  16. New York
  17. Haven Island
  18. Hokkaido
  19. Chongqing
  20. Carpathian Mountains
It is an incredible stealth trilogy.
Out of curiosity, what makes sapienza your number 1?

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I think Sapienza is the favorite or one of the favorites for many players. For me personally it's a combination of factors:
- beautiful location, can't go wrong with sunny Italy
- huge map, but not as overwhelming to play and learn as Mumbai or even Miami
- cool "natural" shortcuts between primary locations
- very different mission stories make it very replayable
- aside from the main story mission it had cool bonus missions and Landslide is especially good

I think Sapienza is the favorite or one of the favorites for many players. For me personally it's a combination of factors:
- beautiful location, can't go wrong with sunny Italy
- huge map, but not as overwhelming to play and learn as Mumbai or even Miami
- cool "natural" shortcuts between primary locations
- very different mission stories make it very replayable
- aside from the main story mission it had cool bonus missions and Landslide is especially good

Not sure if its my favorite but it is a really good one. Just to add to your list, the variation of environments is great in Sapienza as well. The town with its shops and apartments, the complete mansion and ruins as well as the cave/bio lab. The first playthrough of that level definitely takes you for a bit of a ride.

Roni

Gold Member
Played through the campaign on Sunday and I gotta say, some really cool new levels in this one... Berlin and China are highlights, for sure.

Loved Argentina as a throw back to Blood Money's first proper level.

Dartmoor is super cool as well, the detective mission story is bonkers and should definitely be made into a game!

1. Sapienza
  2. Miami
  3. Berlin
  4. Santa Fortuna
  5. Marrakesh
  6. Mumbai
  7. Mendoza
  8. Bangkok
  9. Whittleton Creek
  10. Dartmoor
  11. Dubai
  12. Hawke's Bay
  13. Paris
  14. Colorado
  15. Isle of Sgail
  16. New York
  17. Haven Island
  18. Hokkaido
  19. Chongqing
  20. Carpathian Mountains
I'm probably going to come back to this in a month or two and do my ranking. I'm trying to spend a lot more time on each map in Hitman 3 like I did with the first game, but didn't so much with Hitman 2. About to finish up messing around in Dartmoor.

Once I finish Hitman 3 I'm going to revisit the Hitman 1 maps in VR, since I haven't gone back and done any of the mastery challenges on those maps since bringing them into Hitman 2 w/ my progress reset. VR seems like a good enough reason to do that.

I may revisit the Hitman 2 maps in general. Around the time that game came out there were a few other games I was busy playing (RDR2, Smash Bros.) and I sorta got each level's mastery maxed out and then moved on. I had intended to come back to it at some point but just never found the time. Part of it is that the maps & mission design didn't really do a whole lot for me, outside of Miami (which I think is a great level, and the one level in Hitman 2 that I really did put a lot of time into). I felt some of the maps were just too big with key areas too spread out, or they had the Colorado problem with one too many objectives/targets that you had to do (and sometimes in a specific order). I just wasn't having as much fun replaying them as a result. I did finally play the DLC maps just before Hitman 3 came out, and I did like the New York Bank level, though I've only played through Haven once so far.

Completely agree w/ Sapienza and Miami at the top of the list. Those are my two favorites to this point, and also what I feel like are the two best maps in general. Glad to see someone else likes Marrakesh too!

TheMooMan

Banned
It is an incredible stealth trilogy.
Out of curiosity, what makes sapienza your number 1?
Part of it is probably because it was the first "holy shit" moment in Hitman for me. Paris didn't really do it for me.

But it's just such a dense map, from the mansion, to the lab, and then all of the surrounding town. I love all of the ways you can traverse the building and the ways in which you can eliminate the targets, and it has a great style to it.

Honestly, that top 3 could swap around depending on my mood probably, but when push comes to shove, Sapienza was what made me fall in love with this iteration of Hitman, so it always has the top spot in my heart.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I beat it today and loved it. I thought it was better than 2. I thought 2 was a downgrade from 1 in terms of maps. The manor was maybe my favorite map I've ever done in a Hitman game, I had so much fun with the Knives Out style.

I know people had an issue with the last map, maybe I went in with low expectations, but I didn't hate it nearly as much as others. My least favorite was actually the 3rd one. It was overly confusing, and I just found it annoying to navigate.

But I'd put Dubai, Dartmoor, and Chongqing up with any in the series.

MAX PAYMENT

This trilogy is absolutely fantastic. I'm reading the whole package again, but this time Suit Only, no other restrictions. I'm already having a blast and I just made it to the 3rd level.

It feels as though there are many routes built around traditional stealth elements instead of disguises. I'm seeing total different parts of the map now and leaving (mostly) silently killed bodies along the way.

The hitman trilogy is one of the best game experiences I've had in a while.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
My rating of the maps from H3 would be:
- Berlin - quite possibly the second best map in the series after Sapienza, I like big maps in Hitman and this one also has the cool feature of picking who you want to hunt down
- Dartmoor - exploring the manor interior was a blast, it's a shame that the area around it wasn't particularly interesting or nice looking to explore
- Dubai / Chongqing / Mendoza - they're on a similar level imo, Chongqing would be higher on my list if there were more city streets to explore, it's disappointing to discover how quickly you can reach the other end of the map
I won't rate the final mission, because it's not really a proper mission. I had fun with it especially when doing SASO, but it's not a very replayable one. Maybe offering two level train cars with various routes would make it more interesting?

gow3isben

Hey guys are the carrying over from Hitman 2 issues still there? I am at their website and even created an IO account but it doesn't let me go past step 1 aka "select your source account".

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I am trying to kill the whole family with accidents in the dartmoore escalation. And you have to do it suit only. :messenger_grimmacing_

Concern

Im on the 4th (i think) mission and im having an issue with the getting the stupid gardeners grapes so he can tour the target and me

SJRB

Gold Member
The Berlin mission's videogame logic rules are so weird to the point that they seem bugged. I get a staff member outfit that literally has a badge with "all areas access" on it, but for some reason when I walk into some corridors I'm in a restricted area. Same goes for technicians, who have this HUGE middle area but somehow one corridor is off limits. I snag a security outfit and for literally no reason one stairway area is off limits. How is someone off limits for security anyway, there's literally security patrolling in that same area.

There are no indicators whatsoever to inform you what areas are offlimits, it's just the yellow indicator om the map as soon as you walk through a door.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

TheMooMan

Banned
The Berlin mission's videogame logic rules are so weird to the point that they seem bugged. I get a staff member outfit that literally has a badge with "all areas access" on it, but for some reason when I walk into some corridors I'm in a restricted area. Same goes for technicians, who have this HUGE middle area but somehow one corridor is off limits. I snag a security outfit and for literally no reason one stairway area is off limits. How is someone off limits for security anyway, there's literally security patrolling in that same area.

There are no indicators whatsoever to inform you what areas are offlimits, it's just the yellow indicator om the map as soon as you walk through a door.

Sounds like normal Hitman logic to me.

It makes sense for the same reason nobody wonders why a dude who was stood next to them with a full head of hair is now a bald dude with a barcode on his head.

SJRB

Gold Member
Sounds like normal Hitman logic to me.

It makes sense for the same reason nobody wonders why a dude who was stood next to them with a full head of hair is now a bald dude with a barcode on his head.
There's a difference between suspension of disbelief and straight up unclear/unreliable game rules.

If I wear a staff member outfit with an "all access" keycard around my neck, there's no reason why one corridor with a sign that says "STAFF ONLY" is okay to enter, but another one with the exact same sign is somehow trespassing.

I dunno, it just annoys me. The map itself is awesome but exploring is a chore. The Dubai map on the other hand was extremely clear in where you could and couldn't go with specific outfits.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member

Just get a biker disguise and you'll have peace and quiet. ;)

Im on the 4th (i think) mission and im having an issue with the getting the stupid gardeners grapes so he can tour the target and me
It's very simple. You can get a gardener disguise near the tour guide. The knife is in the shed and the grapes are in the northern part of the fields.

Last edited:

Concern

Just get a biker disguise and you'll have peace and quiet. ;)

It's very simple. You can get a gardener disguise near the tour guide. The knife is in the shed and the grapes are in the northern part of the fields.

I got passed it already. Made it to the basement part but I backtracked to an earlier save since I wasn't sure how to go about killing the other target while he was talking (dressed as a guard).

Romulus

I've logged 7 hours in this so far, all on the VR. My god does it add alot to this game. Potential GOTY in VR.
I remember years ago people swooning about "wait until VR gets full AAA games instead of short experiences."
Its here, and Hitman really fits adds to the list in a big way.
Main complaints I have is the fiber fucks up sometimes and some pop in. Some grips with the tracking but few and far between. Other than that it's the definitive way to play... and its not even close.
Just shooting people up close is fucking badass, blind firing. Sogood.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom