• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman III |OT| I bet Agent 47 is making a Killing

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I know, that's what I love about it. Struggling to get the old bitch right now tho. I get ocd about not being spotted even though i know its damn near impossible without gadgets lol. I try to do it without killing anyone but the target.
A general tip for you would be to "scan" every new room with instinct. It may not be an "honorable" way of playing the game, but you'll find a lot more items which you can use and things you can interact with. Like for instance in Dartmoor you can find crowbars for opening doors and unlocking shortcuts, a master key for all rooms in the manor, or emetic / lethal poison. Plus you can throw most items you collect to distract people. Starting the mission without advanced gear really shouldn't be a huge problem. The only item you have to take with you on the mission is the sniper rifle.

Last edited:

Concern

A general tip for you would be to "scan" every new room with instinct. It may not be an "honorable" way of playing the game, but you'll find a lot more items which you can use and things you can interact with. Like for instance in Dartmoor you can find crowbars for opening doors and unlocking shortcuts, a master key for all rooms in the manor, or emetic / lethal poison. Plus you can throw most items you collect to distract people. Starting the mission without advanced gear really shouldn't be a huge problem. The only item you have to take with you on the mission is the sniper rifle.

I thought there was no scan in this game lol. I never used in 1 either. How do I scan?

R6Rider

Gold Member
What is everyone's favorite level so far?

I've played each level at least 3 times and so far I really like Chongqing a lot. The atmosphere in that level is insane.

Nixonomics

What is everyone's favorite level so far?

I've played each level at least 3 times and so far I really like Chongqing a lot. The atmosphere in that level is insane.

So far they've all been so well done that it'll honestly be hard to pick out a favorite. So far if I had to pick it would probably be Dartmoor. I thought the murder mystery aspect was an interesting change of pace and the dreary, bog ridden landscape was a perfect backdrop. Interrogating all the different family members and searching their rooms gave perspective and added personality.

Chongqing is definitely a contender so far too. It's such a beautiful looking level and the location of the targets might make getting a silent assassin, suit only run a challenge. Berlin could easily end up being one of my favorites due to the sandbox style of the level. I only found 6 of the 11 so I'm sure there's already so much I missed.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So far they've all been so well done that it'll honestly be hard to pick out a favorite. So far if I had to pick it would probably be Dartmoor. I thought the murder mystery aspect was an interesting change of pace and the dreary, bog ridden landscape was a perfect backdrop. Interrogating all the different family members and searching their rooms gave perspective and added personality.

Chongqing is definitely a contender so far too. It's such a beautiful looking level and the location of the targets might make getting a silent assassin, suit only run a challenge. Berlin could easily end up being one of my favorites due to the sandbox style of the level. I only found 6 of the 11 so I'm sure there's already so much I missed.
I highly recommend doing the Chongqing Escalation to unlock the Golden Dragon Rifle (can't remember what Escalation is called though). It takes place all up on the street area and was a lot of fun to complete.

I really wish there were more targets in Dartmoor, but I can see some fun Contracts in that level involving the family members.

I'm thinking about picking this up but i have the base Ps4 , i wonder if i should just wait to get a Ps5 before playing this , what do you guys think?

Nixonomics

I highly recommend doing the Chongqing Escalation to unlock the Golden Dragon Rifle (can't remember what Escalation is called though). It takes place all up on the street area and was a lot of fun to complete.

I really wish there were more targets in Dartmoor, but I can see some fun Contracts in that level involving the family members.

Hell yeah, I'll check it out. I dont think I have access to the escalation contracts with my standard copy of the game, but I'll probably upgrade if that's what it takes.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I'm thinking about picking this up but i have the base Ps4 , i wonder if i should just wait to get a Ps5 before playing this , what do you guys think?
The game runs very well on the base PS4. Maybe it's next exactly a looker compared to next-gens and good PC's, but it's still enjoyable and it still has some very cool looking locations.

Concern

You have to download HItman 2 and download those legacy packs from Hitman 1 to Hitman 2 and register your ioi account in hitman 2 for it to work.

RB on xbox.

I have the same problem. Hitman 2 is downloaded but it says i gotta pay $30 for 1

Kagey K

Banned
I have the same problem. Hitman 2 is downloaded but it says i gotta pay $30 for 1
I'm not sure whats happening with yours. You didn't own 1 and bought the deluxe version to get acces to it, right?

I thought that link I gave you would work but it only seems to help those that already owned 1 and 2.

Concern

I'm not sure whats happening with yours. You didn't own 1 and bought the deluxe version to get acces to it, right?

I thought that link I gave you would work but it only seems to help those that already owned 1 and 2.

I didn't own either. It gave me access to 2 but not 1 for some reason.

Kagey K

Banned
I didn't own either. It gave me access to 2 but not 1 for some reason.
If you go to the Hitman 1 campaign in game and click get access on one of the levels does it tell you you own it when it takes you to the MS store or does it say buy?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Tried out the VR last night and wow is it good. I played with Smooth turning on and a low level setting for "blinders". The game offers a good handful of comfort options. Normally I have my camera up on the TV pointed down, but moved it under the TV which got rid of the blue grid/cage area. As for using the DualShock 4, it's working really well, and much better than I expected.

The physics are even more ridiculous in this mode and it's great. You can push peoples heads around, choke them out and toss their body around, move their body around with objects, etc. The animation 47 does with his hands when you're about to choke someone out is so menacing and dumb, but at the same time perfect. Just simply walking up and punching people is super fun :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Guns work surprisingly well and are lots of fun to use, aiming down sights works or you can simply hipfire. Everything happening in first person is just that much better and funny moments are frequent. Getting caught dragging a body and looking up at the guard in surprise, punching the wrong person, etc.

Graphically it's obviously not as good, but for VR and of this scale and with all the details is really good. The biggest thing is far away NPC/crowd pop-in in the more dense areas. Even with the lower graphics the sense of scale and immersion is insane and I've only done Dubai so far. Cannot wait to play more levels!

Is it perfect? No, but it's ridiculously fun and I highly recommend it to anyone who has PSVR or was thinking about getting the headset. Only negative for me is that I have to have a PS5 copy and PS4 copy installed at once to go between them, but for Hitman it's worth it.

Data Ghost

This is my first Hitman game and I must say the levels look really nice. Find them a bit of a contrast to the pre-rendered scenes though which look old (if that make sense).

Not sure I am playing it right though, there is so much to do, but I just scan, spot the person highlighted in red, and travel directly to them to take them out (changing clothes now and again to throw people off the scent). I have breezed through the levels pretty quickly so far and feel I am probably not playing it right.

R6Rider

Gold Member
This is my first Hitman game and I must say the levels look really nice. Find them a bit of a contrast to the pre-rendered scenes though which look old (if that make sense).

Not sure I am playing it right though, there is so much to do, but I just scan, spot the person highlighted in red, and travel directly to them to take them out (changing clothes now and again to throw people off the scent). I have breezed through the levels pretty quickly so far and feel I am probably not playing it right.
You can play however you want. The real fun is going for challenges or specific ways to kill targets and going for different titles at the end of missions.

Concern

IO servers were down when I did Death in the family. So imma have to do it again. Really loving the amount of options you have.

Honestly can't wait to get home to continue lol.

I think the trilogy peaked at 2 the missions were much complex there , although the graphics are nice and stuff the missions them selves are no where close to hitman 2.
There is basically 5 maps and half of them are very small and u can finish them really quickly

eminydax

Neo Member
just wanted to say it looks very good in vr (playing on pro).
looking down at the sea in sapienza with all those ships and pedestrians at the harbor, moving waves... super impressive. or standing on the balcony on hokkaido is just stunning. and the interiors like dartmoor. the reflections, the detail... gorgeous. i also like the controls for the most part
already ordered hitman2 gold cant wait lol.

Last edited:

BigLee74

Playing on the XSX.

There’s definitely either a lot of dropped frames, or some kind of frame pacing issue that causes micro stutters.

Encountered in all missions played so far - the Prologue and Paris from Hitman 1, and the Dubai mission from Hitman 3.

Still fun to play, but slightly disappointing.

How long does it take to transfer your progress from previous games? I got to the end and it said that progress had been transfered and all locations are available but they are all set to zero progress. Is there a server delay or something? I went back to the transfer site and now it says there is no other Hitman 2 profiles to pull from

HITMAN 3 -FIRST REAL GOTY CONTENDER.

Got 100% mastery in every level. Loved every moment of the game. Hats off to IOI for making such amazing series.

Only thing game is lacking is Jesper Kyd memorable music.

Nothing beats Blood Money Vegas theme

Last edited:

Concern

Redid Death in the Family with a Silent Assassin rating and 5 stars.

Its so satisfying to run a whole level perfectly without being spotted. Even tho I have to improvise with my lack of gadgets and weapons lol.

Finally got to play last night and finished the first run of Dubai. I never got caught, no bodies found but didnt get SA for some reason? I think I got close to being caught trespassing but I dont think they went into a different alert stage. Oh well.

Any word from IO when they are going to fix the HDR? I was wondering what the problem was with the image until I turned it off.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Me when someone wants to do a selfie...

FfVkCrJ.jpg

Finally got to play last night and finished the first run of Dubai. I never got caught, no bodies found but didnt get SA for some reason? I think I got close to being caught trespassing but I dont think they went into a different alert stage. Oh well.

Any word from IO when they are going to fix the HDR? I was wondering what the problem was with the image until I turned it off.
Did you delete evidence if you were seen on camera? That's one of the conditions for SA.

EvilBoris on Twitter is insisting that the HDR is fine and the differences from Hitman 1 & 2, but I agree that it's broken and looks washed out. It's telling that in the brightness menu I can't get the barcode to come close to looking barely visible, and having just messed around in Hitman 2 right before Hitman 3 came out, it wasn't a problem there and the HDR looked great. I had to bump my TV's brightness down a couple notches in HDR Game Mode to get the black levels looking good in the H3 missions. Happy with how it looks now, but I definitely feel like it should look better.

R6Rider

Gold Member
You can turn on the SA Rating icon for the HUD so you know when you messed up or when something goes wrong.

Did you delete evidence if you were seen on camera? That's one of the conditions for SA.

I was never seen on camera but I also deleted the footage anyway for the points. So its definitely not that. I think it must have been when I thought I *almost* got caught trespassing. There was no other situation that ever came even close.

I was never seen on camera but I also deleted the footage anyway for the points. So its definitely not that. I think it must have been when I thought I *almost* got caught trespassing. There was no other situation that ever came even close.
Yeah I think if someone goes to "!" (meaning someone saw through your disguise) it will fail SA, even though you can still get out of the situation at that point without it escalating to guards coming to arrest you.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Yeah I think if someone goes to "!" (meaning someone saw through your disguise) it will fail SA, even though you can still get out of the situation at that point without it escalating to guards coming to arrest you.
The whole point of SA rating in Hitman is that no one knows you were there. The exclamation mark means that an NPC was alerted by your presence and therefore they will remember you even if you've escaped them. If you knock them out they will still remember when they wake up. If you kill them it's a non-target kill which will also make getting silent assassin impossible.

The question mark is the safe one - the NPC is going to inspect something (of course it's only safe if they don't discover a body).

Last edited:
The whole point of SA rating in Hitman is that no one knows you were there. The exclamation mark means that an NPC was alerted by your presence and therefore they will remember you even if you've escaped them. If you knock them out they will still remember when they wake up. If you kill them it's a non-target kill which will also make getting silent assassin impossible.

The question mark is the safe one - the NPC is going to inspect something (of course it's only safe if they don't discover a body).
"?" state is also a good way to lure someone to your location without being spotted outright, if you can time it right. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of luring guards over to an elevator shaft and then pulling them down.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Well I had Hitman 1 and 2 on PS4 but just bought Hitman 1 GOTY, Hitman 2 Gold and Hitman 3 for £93 total on the Series X. Took a bit of effort researching all the different editions and where to get them cheap, buying credit etc Was a fun mini game as it would of cost me £157 direct off the store.

If anyone from the UK wants to skip all that do this;

Hitman 3 Ebay digital code £35

Buy £50 of store credit for 45.99 (I also got 2 pound off here using loyalty coins) on cdkeys.

Buy "Hitman 2 Legacy GOTY" edition using credit plus 5 pounds. It can take a bit to find and on some screens it looks like it doesn't include Hitman 2 once you click it but it does.

Finally buy Hitman 2 Expansion pass on CDKeys for £6.99.

FrankWza

Gold Member
When they say you can get levels from 1 and 2 on 3 is it possible to buy a version with everything or do you have to actually buy 1 and 2? Is there a complete version?

Top Bottom