• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman III |OT| I bet Agent 47 is making a Killing

Cornbread78

I am a bit lost.. I own but never played hitman 1.. I do not own Hitman 2... I pre-ordered Hitman 3:

Do I need to purchase hitman 2?
What is the benefit from purchasing or not purchasing 2?

It's $59.99 on PSN I likely won't purchase it at that price!

You just missed the 11.99 sale by a few hours then... check out the pre-launch info dump link in the op, which links to the Hitman website with a ton of info

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Just let us play as Diana, I'd be fine with that

I wonder if they'd let us be a custom made Hitman, that'd be pretty cool
Well they did introduce Victoria in Absolution, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be a stealth game anymore with her. ;)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
xTG8YlR.jpg

Shaqazooloo

First time playing a Hitman game, I played the opening mission and I'm interested even though I suck at stealth.

Very cool that you can buy the first two games as DLC already bought the first one, i'll wait on the second.

So I'm tryting to do the progression carryover. https://profile.hitman.com/

This is not detecting any games. Which is bullshit. It's the right account as when I check my profile it clearly states I have hitman 2. Wtf?
I'm in the same boat.

After linking my PSN account to my new IO account, I had to boot up Hitman 2 to get it to show up as a "Registered Product" on my IO Account page.

Hitman 2 shows up there now, but on the actual carryover I get "No eligible HITMAN 2 accounts found."

I guess since IO hasn't tweeted anything since their last "we're working on it", I'm guessing it's still not fixed (even though the website seems to finally be responsive).

🤞:messenger_weary:🤞

The carryover process starts for me now, but is showing my Mastery as 0 for Mumbai and Whittleton Creek. Everything else looks correct.

Going to backout and try again later...

SCB3

This applies only if you've done all the steps and confirmed you want to transfer, right? I didn't get past step 3 before getting the failure message.

Probably, I've not been able to really get past it not seeing I own Hitman 2

cireza

They are struggling to deliver, but it is still awesome of them to offer such great services to the players (carrying Hitman 1 & 2 content, as well as saves).

I will try later, there is no rush.

I think I'm in, finally. Still showed Mastery: 0 for Mumbai and Whittleton Creek, but fuck it, I've wasted enough time on this. Hoping it's just a glitch and it'll show up correct in game, but if not, whatever. There are worse things than playing those levels again...

EDIT: Good lord, everything appeared to work but it didn't actually work. I managed to get through again, and now things appear to have taken hold.

HITMAN 3 Progression Carryover Status​

This page shows the status of all the progression carryover requests that you have made.
PLAYSTATION™NETWORK TO PLAYSTATION™NETWORK
Last Updated: 1/20/2021

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Yep, I also got to the pending status, gonna check tomorrow morning if it's done.
The game seems really short? I was watching a streamer and after 6h he finished the game o_O
All of the Hitman games since the 2016 one are about replayability. There are multiple ways of eliminating mission targets and some of these assassinations are bigger mission stories. Plus the game greatly rewards exploration. It's not a game for someone wanting to finish games quickly, but if you're into the idea of a big playground then you'll have tons of fun.

Last edited:

SCB3

The game seems really short? I was watching a streamer and after 6h he finished the game o_O
Its all about replaying the missions differently, like there are "Story" assassinations which guide you through a few ways to kill the targets, then after that challenges for assassinating them in a unique way, then Suit Only Silent Assassin where you finish the whole level in the starting suit AND kill the targets without being caught or bodies found.

Theres a whole levelling system for each map, you unlock stuff for completing it,

And of course after that are the timed Escalation contracts and Elusive Targets

Yep, Hitman series is all about replayability. I put hundreds of hours into Hitman 1&2. Even after doing all of the story opportunities, the mastery challenges, and doing things like the suit-only silent assassin/sniper assassin runs, I end up replaying each map a bunch more. I love the challenge in trying to script out the most perfect, elaborate assassinations in a level and then pulling it off in one take, no saving or pausing. It's so much fun, to me.

Arachnid

I cant even get past the authenticaton server log in from the start screen lol. I guess that's a good sign though. It's OK. I'm patient.

vpance

So what do I miss out if I don't do this carryover thing? On PS5. Not interested in replaying H1 or H2.

So, I just started the game and downloaded the Hitman 1&2 access passes.

Even though my carryover status is at "Error", it seems like my stuff is mostly there. My Mastery levels and challenge completions are all accurate (even for Mumbai and Whittleton that were showing as "0" on the carryover site, they are correctly maxed out in-game). One less thing to worry about.

The only thing is that Mission Stories are all showing up as uncompleted for each of the levels (they all say "0/7" or whatever).

EDIT: As I was typing that.

May wait a bit longer for it to finish, then.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
DUBAI looks fucking amazing; spent the last hour just running around and unlocking the map. I hope the camera is used throughout the game because it would be a waste (sure it's only used right now to keep track of key combos - for me at least - but it is a nice little addition).

Also the PC performance is spot on.

Top Bottom