• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman III |OT| I bet Agent 47 is making a Killing

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Good summary of the player progression situation. :/

CCJIYoW.jpg

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Well now the progression site says I'm not eligible to do the transfer, because no Hitman 2 data has been found. Despite the game being linked to my account.

I really don't understand why IOI couldn't launch the website a week ago to tune it before launch and avoid having everyone log in at the same time.

Burger

Well now the progression site says I'm not eligible to do the transfer, because no Hitman 2 data has been found. Despite the game being linked to my account.

I really don't understand why IOI couldn't launch the website a week ago to tune it before launch and avoid having everyone log in at the same time.

The 'carryover' website is running okay. The 'account' website (where your Hitman2 data lives) is fucked.

I'm so close to ramming my fist into my TV. Who in gods fucking name could've anticipated that this fucking carry over process won't work when the site goes live. 36 minutes later and I'm still not playing. If I could I would get a fucking refund for this shit alone.

packy34

lol they were really going to make EGS users who owned the games on Steam pay $20 for Hitman 2 Gold (or $100 after the sale expires)

I'm glad they reversed their reversal

cOfAX2K.png

SCB3

Looks fucking great. Too bad the transfer web-site is still down.

It will just not find my Games from Steam or Playstation on there, I'm logged in via Steam, the Site is loading fine, but will not find anything

What a mess, even Bungie gets this right

Paasei

Still waiting until they tell us their solution of importing my H1 and H2 progress into the Epic version of H3. It's great that I get H1 with it, but I am not certain if that will carry over my progression from the H1 (and later H2) game I already have.....

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I don't have to use the transfer site for xbox do I? I have bought them all on xbox.

I guess it is good I didn't stay home to play since there are server issues.

Last edited:
I don't have to use the transfer site for xbox do I? I have bought them all on xbox.

If you want to transfer your Hitman 2 progress over to Hitman 3, you have to use their transfer site regardless of platform.

It is a complete mess.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member

You will have to use the transfer site if you want to move (not copy!) your player progression to Hitman 3 (xp, masteries, challenges and stuff like that).

It is separate from importing old levels. If you own previous games then you will get the corresponding access pass for free.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If you want to transfer your Hitman 2 progress over to Hitman 3, you have to use their transfer site regardless of platform.

It is a complete mess.
You will have to use the transfer site if you want to move (not copy!) your player progression to Hitman 3 (xp, masteries, challenges and stuff like that).

It is separate from importing old levels. If you own previous games then you will get the corresponding access pass for free.
THIS IS DUMB!

SO DUMB!

Maybe I just dont have the understanding of the tech to get why this is an issue, but why does every single game have server problems at launch?

I guess it doesnt matter for me much because my MF'in Walmart order hasnt moved yet.

SCB3

Maybe I just dont have the understanding of the tech to get why this is an issue, but why does every single game have server problems at launch?

I guess it doesnt matter for me much because my MF'in Walmart order hasnt moved yet.
Thousands of people trying to access a server at launch all at the same time will cause issues, its similar to a DDoS attack really

Easily solved by letting people do it earlier or more server capicity

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Anyone else having shipping issues with the disk version from Amazon? I ordered a disk ps4 version for my brother and it has yet to ship. No explanation.

graywolf323

Gold Member

It is a complete mess.
except for Stadia I believe?

I agree with others who pointed out that they should have launched the carryover site in advance so we could have done this sometime in the past week or so before launch

Last edited:
except for Stadia I believe?

I agree with others who pointed out that they should have launched the carryover site in advance so we could have done this sometime in the past week or so before launch
Completely forgot about Stadia, but yes, you are correct. It will automatically carry-over on there.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
How does this import/progression work with physical Hitman 2 disc on XSX? What do I need to do to get that info into Hitman 3?

Lmao, I finallly managed to log into the site and it says it can't find my Hitman 2 account. Yeah, I guess I'll try again sometime tonight.

I could be playing but if you want to import H2 content you should wait because it is going to overwrite your save as I understand it.

I guess I should just go ham exploring the world since it will get overwritten anyways? Any negatives to this?

How in the hell do I just load my save? Not impressed with this game so far. Constantly telling me I've been disconnected from servers is awful.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I could be playing but if you want to import H2 content you should wait because it is going to overwrite your save as I understand it.

I guess I should just go ham exploring the world since it will get overwritten anyways? Any negatives to this?
Not really. You may have to redo a few challenges, but nothing major.

Last edited:

SCB3

Some people are, others are holding out for the progression transfer issues to be fixed. It should be noted that playing now is fine, but when you do the progression transfer later it will overwrite your initial progress.

My Download is taking forever tbf

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Agent 47 is the only game character who will never become a woman forever, devs won’t risk being cancelled if their title becomes hitwoman.
You never know, there's a screen during loading saying it's a game from devs of different gender identities blah blah blah. So the dev is definitely woke. They only need to find an excuse to introduce a female clone. ;)

devilNprada

I am a bit lost.. I own but never played hitman 1.. I do not own Hitman 2... I pre-ordered Hitman 3:

Do I need to purchase hitman 2?
What is the benefit from purchasing or not purchasing 2?

It's $59.99 on PSN I likely won't purchase it at that price!

Last edited:

thatJohann

Just played the trial of the Switch cloud version and it’s surprisingly good. Super minimal lag. Quick loading times, good image quality. Totally playable. I’m impressed.

Futurematic

Huh. Guess I never signed up for an IOI account. Downloading Hitman 2, with any luck it’ll still have my progress from PS4 and I can log in, transfer that data, then Hitman 3 will see it.

That’s the hope anyway.

SCB3

You never know, there's a screen during loading saying it's a game from devs of different gender identities blah blah blah. So the dev is definitely woke. They only need to find an excuse to introduce a female clone. ;)

Just let us play as Diana, I'd be fine with that

I wonder if they'd let us be a custom made Hitman, that'd be pretty cool

SCB3

Just played the trial of the Switch cloud version and it’s surprisingly good. Super minimal lag. Quick loading times, good image quality. Totally playable. I’m impressed.

I was really impressed with Control on Switch, Stadia is always a good choice for me as well, I'm a fan of cloud based gaming sometimes

Top Bottom