• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman III |OT| I bet Agent 47 is making a Killing

Cornbread78

EFRfGwG.png

Release Date: January 20th 2021
Developer: IO Interactive
Publisher: IO Interactive
Series: Hitman
Director(s): Christian Elverdam; Mattias Engström
Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, Stadia
Mode: Single-player
Genre: Action-Stealth

Box Art:
bZ6NBl8.jpg

Deluxe Edition add-ons:
AXv1rza.png

PC Specs:
MFC4nhd.jpg

EGS Link

Pre Launch Guide

Story:
Hitman 3 follows up on the new story established with the previous two games and has Agent 47 going on another globetrotting adventure. (Trilogy completion) The goal of Hitman 3 is to finally eliminate the partners of Providence, and 47 has to team up with his handler Diana Burnwood, as well as his long-lost friend Lucas Grey, to get that done.

Outside of all the locations from previous games, the reveal trailer detailed one new location, Dubai. Apparently, the entire trailer was captured in-engine, and the towering skyscrapers of Dubai certainly make for a different scene from what 47 is used to.

Media:

Launch Trailer:

Announcement Trailer:

VR Announcement Trailer:

IGN Gameplay:

Switch "cloud" version:

Screenshots:
XZpbjTA.jpg

b213plt.jpg

lI1ArSB.jpg

NsJ5fSY.jpg

Trophy/Achievements: (spoilers, you've been warned)
Playstation Trophy List
XBox Achievements List

Reviews:
PS5 Metacritic
PC Metacritic
Series X Metacritic

NeoGAF Review Thread

8mr5HOE.jpg

* if there are any glaring omissions from this OT or things that could help please let me know via DM and I will update as needed. OTs are generally a discussion funnel and nobody reads them, like they won't this subtext anyhow....

Last edited:
So excited for this game. Hope I can import Hitman 2 with steam, heard it's hard to do though. Fuck epic exclusivity though. Pre ordered this game since I loved the first two.

Dries

Will be buying this tomorrow, since IOI guaranteed Steam owners won’t need to repurchase Steam content.

does anyone have an idea when the progression transfer website will go live?

SCB3

Will be buying this tomorrow, since IOI guaranteed Steam owners won’t need to repurchase Steam content.

does anyone have an idea when the progression transfer website will go live?

I have it bought and ready to be downloaded on EGS,

Progression link is supposed to live tonight

I'm fully loaded for psvr, bought the game and the 2 previous ones on sale. Very excited for it, previously only played the free demo for the first one years ago. Gorgeous scenery I'll be living in for the next few months and I like the freedom it gives to do your business in many different ways...

Hargate

I've held off playing the hitman games til now. Got the 3 games ready to play on PSVR. I saw someone steaming the psvr version earlier and it looks great. Seems they went with some pop-in instead of blurriness. Shame though about the choking wire seems finicky as fuck.

WizeVibez

Banned
Bummed out that this isn't unlocking tonight on PSN.
Yeah I decided to rush home on lunch a bit ago to buy/pre-load the game so I can play on PSVR in a few hours, only to immediately find out this is the one game in a long while that doesn't unlock at midnight for me 😭

Yeah I decided to rush home on lunch a bit ago to buy/pre-load the game so I can play on PSVR in a few hours, only to immediately find out this is the one game in a long while that doesn't unlock at midnight for me 😭
Forreal..I got some work to do an will be up all night so I was hoping to take breaks while enjoying a mission or two. Now ima have to actually focus on my work like an adult lol, this sucks :messenger_tears_of_joy:

aries_71

So this is basically new maps for the same engine as Hitman 1 and 2, right?
They just extended the episodic formula to full releases every two years.

Last edited:

YCoCg

So this is basically new maps for the same engine as Hitman 1 and 2, right?
There's been engine improvements, especially with physics and cloth rendering, and graphical improvements, which they've back ported to the old levels. There's also additional gameplay elements added which have also been back ported to the old levels such as improved AI that can see reflections in mirrors, being able to hide in tall grass, new foliage rendering, etc. It's actually an impressive thing because you can play the older levels with these improvements you can compare how they are on the original HITMAN 2016 for example and see all the small changes and improvements.

YCoCg

Can I play through the story in its entirety from Hitman 3? I have 1 and 2, got them on sale. Never got around to playing them though.
If you have them digitally, then yes, they'll unlock in HITMAN III right away.

How’s it work for people who owned the past games physically will I have to re download them on my series x again?
Not checked it fully, but you might need to boot up those games from the disc and sign in to the IOI account, where it will register them to your account and THEN launch HITMAN III where they will unlock.

So I guess redeeming Hitman 2 levels will be like Hitman 1 before. I cant wait I only played the first level of Hitman 2 way back when.

Man I cannot wait for this to unlock I’m so hyped. I’m bringing hitman 1 and 2 into 3 and playing all the way through so I’m set for hitman goodness for awhile lol.

aries_71

There's been engine improvements, especially with physics and cloth rendering, and graphical improvements, which they've back ported to the old levels. There's also additional gameplay elements added which have also been back ported to the old levels such as improved AI that can see reflections in mirrors, being able to hide in tall grass, new foliage rendering, etc. It's actually an impressive thing because you can play the older levels with these improvements you can compare how they are on the original HITMAN 2016 for example and see all the small changes and improvements.
Sounds good, but if I recall correctly AI seeing reflections in the mirrors and hiding in tall grass were already a thing in the Hitman 2, and these improvement were also applied to Hitman 1 scenarios. I miss the times were a new game was alway a big step from the previous.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The digital versions not unlocking is some proper bullshit, I'm playing the retail version since yesterday and the servers are up.

IOI not setting up the progression site yet is even more bullshit. I'm thinking about skipping the transfer since I've already made quite a lot of progress.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Sounds good, but if I recall correctly AI seeing reflections in the mirrors and hiding in tall grass were already a thing in the Hitman 2, and these improvement were also applied to Hitman 1 scenarios. I miss the times were a new game was alway a big step from the previous.
They were examples of what was back ported from 2 to 1, I don't want to spoil anything from 3 but all the new gameplay features from 3 can be used in the 1 & 2 levels once unlocked. The main focus for 3 is more immersion based, such as more breakable parts, better clothing physics, collision improvements, and at a later date improving the graphics even more with Ray Tracing features.

Got it for 45 EUR on PC. Game unlocks in a couple of hours and there's no pre-load. I hope I can get it downloaded before 7pm local to play a little this evening.

🔥

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Damn, so, as someone who hasn’t played the trilogy, I’d be starting 1 and 2 upgraded? That’s just awesome!

Top Bottom