• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 to become Hitman: world of assassination

anthony2690

Banned

“Ever expanding, ever dangerous. It will never stop challenging you.”

In 2015, we shared our vision for the World of Assassination; an ever-expanding game that would evolve over time and be the foundation for future HITMAN games. Those were the exact words we used and a central promise to how we’ve released the three games in the 7 years that followed.

Today, we’re excited to announce some upcoming changes to how our players (both existing and new) will experience, access and purchase HITMAN 1, HITMAN 2 and HITMAN 3. These changes will make it easier than ever to enter and enjoy the World of Assassination – and finally allow us to realise the vision we set out to achieve.

As of 26 January 2023, the following changes are planned to come into effect.

HITMAN 3 will become ‘HITMAN World of Assassination’, which will also include access to HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 through our existing Access Pass system. Current HITMAN 3 owners will get a free upgrade to HITMAN World of Assassination on all platforms
We’re drastically simplifying the purchase experience for new players. HITMAN World of Assassination will be the single available option to start playing.
Essentially, these two changes will mean that all new players and existing HITMAN 3 owners will have the same base content ownership. There will be no more confusion over which edition to buy, what content you own, how to redeem Legacy packs or import locations, etc. We’re done with that."

More bits and bobs at the link :)

If you haven't played hitman 3 yet, I highly recommend it, incredible game, that is also on game pass 😊

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Access Pass System?

I don’t like the sound of that.
The access pass is what they had prior.

It means you will now get the base hitman 1 & 2 levels free if you only own hitman 3, as part of the world of assassination update.

But if you want the dlc content/levels from the prior games, they are now $10 packs each.

Obviously if you already owned everything you can ignore the above as it won't matter to you.

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Is this gonna be a different SKU with separate achievement/ trophy list? Or it it an update within the existing Hitman 3 app?

YuLY

I'm still disappointed with them for only making 1 extra map for the 3rd game (Ambrose Island which was , eh decent at best). Its pretty clear they threw a lot of resources at the upcoming Bond game. Kinda weird to treat your main IP like this, especially since it did very well.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I keep wanting Hitman to fill the void that Metal Gear Solid left, but even the gameplay is quite different.

Thing is, with a few tweaks or a new mode, it could be right up my alley. As is, I feel like it sort of lacks the tension and actually gives a little more freedom to the player than I'd prefer.

JayK47

My biggest complaint about the newer games is how confusing the editions are. I have no idea what I am buying. I wait for deep sales or what I think is the complete edition of each game. Still waiting to eventually grab 3, or whatever the hell they call it.

Would be great and hilarious if IO would make a "Clique of Assassins" game set in whatever period within this platform, before Ubi figures out that their hack n slash collectathons never lived up to the name and potential.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Wash your mouth out.

The last thing we need is for this series to go back to being dumbed down.
Lol I don't mean I want them to dumb it down. Sometimes restrictions, or a lack of certain freedom, can force the player to play the game much differently.

There is a lot they could do with just a few tweaks to the formula or a new game mode. It doesn't mean you need to "dumb the game down".

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It's good they're finally changing it. It was confusing as fuck trying to figure out which edition to buy and what worked with what. Still, it's the greatest series of all time.

There really isn't any confusion. The confusion was the process to get credit for your previous purchases - that system still fucking sucks.

I bought 1 on steam
Then I bought 1 and 2 on PS4
Then I bought 3 on Epic
Now I want all 3 in one place
I'm an idiot

They could have EASILY solved all of this by just doing what they do now for character progress: requiring a "merge" that confirms ownership of content elsewhere, but you only get to do this ONCE. Once it has been done from one location to another, that's it: the content unlocks in-game for THAT platform.

Thankfully I waited to "complete" my collection on STEAM (I took have the game spread out) and console to get the HM3 for pennies, but it is still a really dumb system they ended up with.

AndrewRyan

Finally popped (greenmangaming $17.22) and haven't played any in this series. Plan to play entirely in VR despite its minimal port. Trying to go in with low expectations but secretly hope I'll love it. After all it won 2022's best VR game of the year, lol.

Rodolink

weird scheme that sounds even more confusing, time will tell if it works out, but for me I prefer standalone entries that you can replay years after

Arachnid

My biggest complaint about the newer games is how confusing the editions are. I have no idea what I am buying. I wait for deep sales or what I think is the complete edition of each game. Still waiting to eventually grab 3, or whatever the hell they call it.
This fixes that. No more insane editions. 3 just comes with everything now, including prior games.

calistan

I wish they'd get rid of the always online requirement. It makes no sense (what does "experiencing the full richness of Hitman" even mean when the game is exactly the same offline, only with all your progress locked away?)

I've put weeks of playing time into all three games in the series, absolutely love them, but the amount of disconnections I used to get (on Xbox) is just crazy. There's nothing wrong with my internet, no other game has ever behaved this way, but at its worst Hitman - a goddamn single-player game - would be popping up a box like this every 30 seconds.

vL7KHRJ.jpg

It's just ridiculous. Maybe they're paranoid about cheating? Piracy? On console? In the early days of episodic Hitman 1 they'd sometimes move objects around in the levels while they were tweaking things, but it was never anything that would require a permanent stable connection to the world's flakiest servers.

AJUMP23

Just got the update, and wanted to check it out but I cannot get the servers to connect. Either they are getting slammed, or they are not quite ready. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

kurashu

Neo Member
Just got the update, and wanted to check it out but I cannot get the servers to connect. Either they are getting slammed, or they are not quite ready. Either way I'm looking forward to it.
They're performing maintenance and "should" be back by 11am EST.

NeonDelta

really wish this was cross-save. for an always online title its ridiculous all my records and unlocks (starting locations, weapons etc..) on playstation can't be accessed on other platforms. i have it on steam but its a bit of a slog starting it all from scratch.

Dr.Morris79

Just keeps throwing me back to the home menu during the Berlin mission on the Series X

Great..

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Does this update have DLSS 3?

Edit: I mean on PC obviously.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Played Freelancer, got killed both missions. I'm Rusty.

There is also less stuff to find like poison and such in the mission. Guns are everywhere, but no silencers.

GHG

Gold Member
Just tried out DLSS 3 in this game and the implementation is NOT GOOD.

It absolutely destroys the image quality. Will try the DLSS 3 version that I've been using for the Witcher 3 and see if that makes a difference.

Danknugz

Finally popped (greenmangaming $17.22) and haven't played any in this series. Plan to play entirely in VR despite its minimal port. Trying to go in with low expectations but secretly hope I'll love it. After all it won 2022's best VR game of the year, lol.
does the MS store version support VR? I heard bad things about it but would be nice to try it anyway i guess.

That Hitman 2 level in Maldives was the reason I took a vacation there lol. Im savouring the shit outta the the trilogy, never played the levels in 3 yet.

GHG

Gold Member
In case anyone is wondering I fiddled with the DLSS versions for this game and found that the combination of 2.5.1.0 for the regular DLSS file and 1.0.3.0 for the frame gen file works really well.

Looks and runs much better than the versions that ship with this latest world of assassination update (2.4.3.0 and 1.0.5.0 respectively).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Will the app name change also or that's gonna remain Hitman 3? What about the title screen? On Steam it's still Hitman 3 for me.

calistan

Just completed the first syndicate. That was great! Much better than the elusive target mode, I think. It’s good to be able to collect weapons again. Luckily the first target I killed was carrying a silenced pistol, which made the rest of it much easier.

The final mission where you have to identify the correct person was cool, but all four of them were stupidly similar. I was looking for somebody wearing earrings and a necklace, so I thought at least that would rule out the one male character, but no, he was dolled up too.

When I’d narrowed it down to two, the only ‘tell’ that was gave away the target was that he/she was dehydrated. Took over half an hour before I finally noticed any drinking going on. As with elusive targets, you can force quit the game if it all goes tits up, and you won’t lose your progress.

10/10 - will play again (and again and again).

yamaci17

In case anyone is wondering I fiddled with the DLSS versions for this game and found that the combination of 2.5.1.0 for the regular DLSS file and 1.0.3.0 for the frame gen file works really well.

Looks and runs much better than the versions that ship with this latest world of assassination update (2.4.3.0 and 1.0.5.0 respectively).
this game also had the obnoxious super ugly horrible nvidia's famed sharpening filter, despite at %0 strenght, it would still destroy motion quality with dynamic sharpening

thankfully 2.5.1 solves all those problems retroactively

Reactions: GHG
Top Bottom