• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 surpasses its predecessor to claim No.1 | UK Boxed Charts

Astorian

Hitman 3 has taken No.1 in the UK boxed charts, with launch sales up 17% over its predecessor.
The PS5 version of the game was by far the dominant edition, accounting for 49% of sales. The Xbox version accounted for 27%, while the PS4 version made up 25%. Of course, this is just physical games, the majority of Hitman 3's sales will have taken place in the digital download space.

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
New Entry1Hitman 3
12Animal Crossing: New Horizons
23Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
74Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
125Spider-Man: Miles Morales
46Grand Theft Auto 5
107Ring Fit Adventure
38Just Dance 2021
59Minecraft (Switch)
610FIFA 21

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The fact it's cheaper and you can re-sell when you're finished? It's not really hard to understand.

I don't use discs since late 2014, but using them have so much value to return them and save some bucks.

But my account is US so need a region 1 game so I can buy DLC stuff when I want to.

I don't play the games after beating them, so discs would've been great for that.

Futurematic

The first game’s sales were so bad [1] IOI was able to win independence from Square-Enix. The second game clearly had a majorly reduced budget.

To see game 3 actually increase retail sales in a market where retail sales have steadily fallen is just fantastic news.

[1] of course SE has never ever bet on reality in projected sales

vpance

PS5 owners thirsty for games.

Kind of funny how they're leaving Hitman behind for Bond when this might do the best out of the 3 games by far.

Kerotan

MAJOR MAJOR WIN.

To increase box sales when obviously this launch would be far more digitally biased. Including digital this must be a big success. Happy for them and fans of the series. I wonder has the VR support won over a lot of extra playstation players.

Roufianos

We'll the used games business is dead. So not many people do that.
That's clearly not the reason.

I sell my games on eBay and Gumtree all the time so it's the reason for me.

For most digital buyers though it's probably just the fact it's a lot cheaper. That's more than enough reason in itself.

Kuranghi

This will probably be the best gameplay and mechanics wise (Apart from a few niggles I have, things they changed from Hitman 1 to 2 and not 2 to 3 but you won't notice if you never saw what it was like before) vs 1 and 2.

I am on Dubai currently and loving it so far, and I love Miami, Mumbai, Whittleton Creek and Sgail from 2 a lot but I'll always have a special place in my heart for Paris, Sapienza, Marakesh, Bangkok and Hokkaido (Sorry Colorado, you are a great map compared to other games generally but the worst when compared to the other levels in this game). I believe I've spent more time in Paris and Sapienza combined than the rest of Hitman 1 and I put 500+ hours into it :messenger_grimmacing_ Mostly due to the sheer number of escalations in Paris and the bonus levels variations of Sapienza, which are all top class, even the Icon is great.

Lock me up, because I'm crazy for Hitman.

y1IJK1I.jpg

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
We'll the used games business is dead. So not many people do that.
That's clearly not the reason.
I don't know about UK, but it's still very strong in my country, for both online auctions/offers and stationary shops specializing in buying and reselling used games. I wouldn't expect it to die anytime soon, especially with more and more games failing to deliver on the dev's promises or being very buggy on launch. At least this way you have an option to get some of your money back (if the refund isn't possible). Or you can simply sell the game once you've finished it, there doesn't have to be an extra reason.

Last edited:
PS5 keeping that PS/Xbox gap going. Can't wait for stock to be in steady supply so it can truly start doing some damage.

Congrats to Hitman, as well. Might pick it up eventually to try out the VR.

TBiddy

PS5 keeping that PS/Xbox gap going. Can't wait for stock to be in steady supply so it can truly start doing some damage.

Congrats to Hitman, as well. Might pick it up eventually to try out the VR.

Out of curiosity. Why do you look forward to it "doing some damage"? Most adult people are happy when their favorite toy is doing well. What drives a guy like you to wish bad things to happen to a toy that other people like?

Out of curiosity. Why do you look forward to it "doing some damage"? Most adult people are happy when their favorite toy is doing well. What drives a guy like you to wish bad things to happen to a toy that other people like?
Out of curiosity, why do you care? If the consoles were switched, would you have bothered to reply? Highly doubtful. Personally, I prefer people be upfront about their biases than pretend to be the "adult" in the room, yet can't help but to defend their console every time they feel it's under attack. We see right through the act.

In short, I'm a PS fan so I want it to be much more successful than the competition. No different than a fan of a sports team. Though, PS's have given me way more entertainment value than any football team has.

Last edited:

TBiddy

Out of curiosity, why do you care? If the consoles were switched, would you have bothered to reply? Highly doubtful. Personally, I prefer people be upfront about their biases than pretend to be the "adult" in the room, yet can't help but to defend their console every time they feel it's under attack. We see right through the act.

In short, I'm a PS fan so I want it to be much more successful than the competition. No different than a fan of a sports team. Though, PS's have given me way more entertainment value than any football team has.

Fair enough. It’s incredibly sad to wish ill on someone elses toys, but to each their own. I prefer Xbox, but I’d never celebrate the PS doing poorly.

Patrick S.

Banned

Pathetic.

Top Bottom