• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 surpasses its predecessor to claim No.1 (PS5 took nearly 50% of sales)

Valkyria

Banned
Oh lord, the posting quality (and general IQ) has taken a nose dive in this forum. I can't believe some of the guys that posted in this thread.

Yeah this thread is hella cringey. Ya'll really arguing over which console is "more popular" like they gonna fuck you if you stan hard enough.

They all fuckin slap

It's probably a bunch of 15 year-olds who don't have all 3 consoles or people salty they can't get another console. It's really hard to hate when you enjoying them all.

200.gif

yazenov

LMAO all that headline fanfare with 200 +++++++ percentage and this is the actual number.

Pretty embarrassing I would say.
Such a dumb take.

We know that Hitman 3 launch sales are up 17% over its predecessor. This is for physical sales only. Add to the fact that digital sales are nearly 35-40% now as digital sales increases in percentage over time.

It shows us that the series is more successful than its predecessor, even without a Switch version. 3rd party don't need a watered down Switch version to be successful.

Loser GIF by Playboy Fragrances

Last edited:
If the Digital split is closer then what we have with the physical split the combined split will be closer overall. I said the Digital split will be a lot closer when we see the Digital splits, Combined overall will be closer too.

Look. I've told you PS community buying games digitally too like Xbox community. But surely not a lot less than Xbox community. If it is like that. Before Gamepass service digital split wasn't that big at all. Just few percentage in Xbox favor according to EMEA charts. But, like i've said, not nearly enough to mitigate huge percentage difference in physical sales. Also, Xbox community now surely IMO buys a less games now than before because they are waiting game to appear on Gamepass

Last edited:

devilNprada

Xbox community surely IMO buys a less games now than before because they are waiting game to appear on Gamepass

Good point... Gamepass has to translate to less new game purchases somehow....
People can't make the argument game pass is all I need yet buy every new game coming out, and be saving money!

Wizz-Art

Look. I've told you PS community buying games digitally too like Xbox community. But surely not a lot less than Xbox community. If it is like that. Before Gamepass service digital split wasn't that big at all. Just few percentage in Xbox favor. But, like i've said, not nearly enough to mitigate huge percentage difference in physical sales. Also, Xbox community now surely IMO buys a less games now than before because they are waiting game to appear on Gamepass

People are actually buying more games since Game Pass I'm sure you didn't know about that fact but it's reported on GAf a couple of times.

The overall split isn't 49-27% for sure. Xbox gamers simply buy more digital then physical, it doesn't matter if it's 5% or 20% more, more = more. Also the text says and I quote; "the majority of Hitman 3's sales will have taken place in the digital download space." So when the physical sales are that low as reported in this thread and Xbox usually sells more digitally it isn't that much of a stretch to say that the overall split is far more closer then it is when only counting physical sales.

People are actually buying more games since Game Pass I'm sure you didn't know about that fact but it's reported on GAf a couple of times.

Is it? Few indie devs told ya that ( btw. i don't believe a thing what Phil Spencer said about that) ?

The overall split isn't 49-27% for sure. Xbox gamers simply buy more digital then physical, it doesn't matter if it's 5% or 20% more, more = more. Also the text says and I quote; "the majority of Hitman 3's sales will have taken place in the digital download space." So when the physical sales are that low as reported in this thread and Xbox usually sells more digitally it isn't that much of a stretch to say that the overall split is far more closer then it is when only counting physical sales.

Percentages does matter. Xbox gamers did spend more money buying digitally, few years ago Ubisoft report provided that, but that was just few percentages more than PS gamers, nothing more. What you're saying is a stretch, really. Split isn't that far closer as you think it is. And if it is. Will say once again, if Xbox community buying more digitally it won't mitigate huge percentage difference in physical sales. You need to realize that PS community buying games digitally too and it grows yearly ( of course it is, because install base got bigger) and Sony reports provided that.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

Is it? Few indie devs told ya that ( btw. i don't believe a thing what Phil Spencer said about that) ?
Yes from publishers, but if you don't wan't to believe the head of the Xbox division that's really your problem and not mine.

Percentages does matter. Xbox gamers did spend more money buying digitally, few years ago Ubisoft report provided that, but that was just few percentages more than PS gamers, nothing more. What you're saying is a stretch, really. Split isn't that far closer as you think it is. And if it is. Will say once again, if Xbox community buying more digitally it won't mitigate huge percentage difference in physical sales.
You are thinking that I'm saying Xbox sold overall more but that's not what I'm saying at all (or do I care to be honest). I simply asked about the digital splits because it's known that Xbox gamers buy more digitally then they buy physically so the big split we see now when we only look at physical is skewed towards the userbase that usually buys more physical games. Obviously Xbox gamers buy also physically and PS gamers also buy digitally but when combining the two together it's gonna be much closer then we have now. Both new consoles are sold out, I for a fact can't get my hands on a XSX yet so it would be logical that the sales for Hitman 3 would be closer when all is combined and not 49-27%. I feel talking in circles about a topic I don't really care much about to be honest, I made my opinion and why I think that the overall split is closer and you made your opinion clear that the overall split is close to what the physical split is showing. So agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Obviously Xbox gamers buy also physically and PS gamers also buy digitally but when combining the two together it's gonna be much closer then we have now. Both new consoles are sold out, I for a fact can't get my hands on a XSX yet so it would be logical that the sales for Hitman 3 would be closer when all is combined and not 49-27%. I feel talking in circles about a topic I don't really care much about to be honest

Of course Xbox gamers buys more digital than physical. But what you're doing you're completely ignoring PS gamers who buying games digitally. You have your opinion, but your opinion is a bit of stretch.

Said to you in one of the previous posts :
Combining digital percentage and physical then won't put split a lot closer like you said. In that case Xbox community would need to catch up in sales about 3:1 digitally compared to PS community if sales split overall to be a lot closer. That won't happen and can't happen.

MagnesG

Banned
Such a dumb take.

We know that Hitman 3 launch sales are up 17% over its predecessor. This is for physical sales only. Add to the fact that digital sales are nearly 35-40% now as digital sales increases in percentage over time.

It shows us that the series is more successful than its predecessor, even without a Switch version. 3rd party don't need a watered down Switch version to be successful.

Loser GIF by Playboy Fragrances
The headline is there, but the fanfare from the fanboys are what that are embarrassing here in case you didn't notice.

I mean, if you're that retarded to not notice it I can't blame you.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

Of course Xbox gamers buys more digital than physical. But what you're doing you're completely ignoring PS gamers who buying games digitally. You have your opinion, but your opinion is a bit of stretch.

Said to you in one of the previous posts :
Combining digital percentage and physical then won't put split a lot closer like you said. In that case Xbox community would need to catch up in sales about 3:1 digitally compared to PS community if sales split overall to be a lot closer. That won't happen and can't happen.
It happens you completely ignored what I wrote. Here I quote it again for you;

Obviously Xbox gamers buy also physically and PS gamers also buy digitally but when combining the two together it's gonna be much closer then we have now.

It happens you completely ignored what I wrote. Here I quote it again for you;
I'm not ignoring what you've said

combining the two together it's gonna be much closer then we have now.

What you have said here is obviously that PS community buying games digitally at substantialy lower ratio compared to Xbox. That never happened and won't happen. Gap to be much closer overall Xbox community needs to buy game digitally 3x more than PS. Yeah, no.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

I'm not ignoring what you've said

What you have said here is obviously that PS community buying games digitally at substantialy lower ratio compared to Xbox. That never happened and won't happen. Gap to be much closer overall Xbox community needs to buy game digitally 3x more than PS. Yeah, no.

Jesus Christ, I give up you are only reading what you want to read.

Eanox

If the Digital split is closer then what we have with the physical split the combined split will be closer overall. I said the Digital split will be a lot closer when we see the Digital splits, Combined overall will be closer too.
Just for your FYI.

Jesus Christ, I give up you are only reading what you want to read.

Well, you keep saying what you want to say. Don't worry. Maybe in the near future sales split would be closer.

And you ignoring the fact which i've told you numerous times that PS community buying games digitally too like Xbox community. But surely not a lot less than Xbox community. If it is like that. And said by you that with combined sales split would be much closer ( let's say 55/45 instead of 75/25 now) obviously means that PS community buying games digitally at substantialy lower ratio compared to Xbox. That never happened and won't happen.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Lol they lost so much by putting the game on epic shit store, not even mentioning the fact that it was available on skidrow since day 1. They got their moneyhat, but i for sure as hell wont ever buy it on egs.

Top Bottom