• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 recoups project costs in under a week

Astorian

Hitman 3 is already profitable, IO Interactive has announced.
"We have been really happy with the Hitman 3 journey," says IO Interactive CEO Hakan Abrak.

"It has been a labor of love between our fans and everyone at the studio. As the developer and publisher, we are immensely proud that we can say Hitman 3 is already profitable. We have recouped the total project costs in less than a week. That puts us in a really good place and allows us to confidently move forward with our ambitious plans for future projects."

Sevenfold

E: ^Wish they'd spend a bit on EGS.
Hitman had a tepid launch and I'm glad every time IO have success. Very unique puzzle games that I enjoy immensely.

Last edited:

nowhat

Good for IO. While I've never been a huge Hitman fan (I get the appeal, it just doesn't appeal that much to me personally), it's nice to see smaller developers/publishers doing well.

vpance

Good to hear.

Have to wonder how well the entire series has sold though. Always remember the first one getting huge backlash for the episodic release. I didn’t mind it.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Good to see. Hitman 3 (and now the complete trilogy together under one menu) is amazing. On top of that they added VR and it's extremely well done.

HotPocket69

Banned
Downloading this now onto the 5 after hearing about the changes they made to the narrative structure and gameplay that feel like blueprints for what they could be doing with Bond.

Hyped.

MrA

Banned
Did the previous 2 "bomb"? Or was it Square being unrealistic?

Always good getting in on a hardware launch with relatively low competition too.
I think it was hitman 2012 where square thought that 3.6 million in like a month or 2 wasn't enough, so probably square was unrealistic

MiguelItUp

That team clearly does good work. I played Hitman early on, but didn't give it more time after they released more for it. I completely missed Hitman 2, but I bought it recently, and I plan to buy Hitman 3 in the future. I really do dig Hitman games, even if they're not something I'm into playing ALL the time. But regardless of that, IO does great work, and I definitely want to give them my support.

Umbral

This makes me very happy. They deserve it.

Now, about the next Hitman. I don’t care about your 007 game.

I’m hoping they release a physical Hitman 1/2/3 double disc at some point. I want to have it all in one package on a disc.

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
I like their games, I don't like the choice to go with EGS.

I wonder how much came from actual sales and how much came from EGS?

I'm also curious how profitable their previous titles were. This would give us an idea if EGS is the only reason the game is profitable.

SkylineRKR

Good news as its a good franchise. Liked the previous 2 a lot. Never bought them for full whack though, I don't replay them ad infinitum but they're nice to do a few hits on a rainy day.

Top Bottom