• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 Is A Big Technological Leap For The Series Inspired And Driven By PS5, Per Game Director

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In an interview with the PlayStation Official Magazine (issue 178, September 2020), Mattias Engström spoke about the game, saying it will be an experimentation of the systems they’ve had so far. If you recall, the game was originally revealed at the PS5 event last month, and it seems that wasn’t a coincidence as the team has really been driven and inspired by the hardware, specifically the SSD that many others have been enamored with.

Hitman 3 is going to mark yet another big leap forward for our technology, driven and inspired by the capabilities of the PlayStation 5. It’s an extraordinarily complex game that has multiple systems running at the same time that support each other constantly, so having more power to play with gives us more options and lets us do significantly more.

Hitman is a game about experimentation. We invite the player into a sandbox, and we let them experiment the way they want,. Therefore, we see the save/load as an important feature to encourage just that. The blitz-fast load times we are seeing on the PS5 makes it the perfect home for the Hitman trilogy, encouraging experimentation more than ever.”

They pivoted hard for the current generation. I could not believe how much better Hitman Absolution looked on 360 over the current series

I actually like the Dead Rising look the last two have over motion blur/bloom/chromatic aberration, but Absolution was in an entirely different league. I dont think the PS5 will have that much to do with it if the new game looks upgraded.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Intriguing how people are foaming at the mouth over Halo and yet with Hitman people are like "cool!" when the game director claims "next-gen".

To be fair, Hitman does look better even without next-gen features than Halo Infinite. And yes Hitman 3 will probably feature raytracing on the new consoles at launch.

Jesb

One of the games I thought would really benefit from the ssd. The menu loading is pretty bad in these games. Wonder if PS5 improves the current gen versions too.

thelastword

Banned
All the devs are enamored with PS5.....He even suggests that the trilogy is best suited to the PS5 because of it's blazing SSD. So it looks like they may be porting the trilogy to PS with enhancements that takes advantage of the hardware....

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Excellent and underrated series, I would love them to join Sony 1st party.... PlayStation needs more sandbox titles and the stealth genre doesn't have much going on right now with MGS and Splinter Cell gone.
I am sure it would be smashing success for Playstation /s

Cause too much gameplay.

Jtibh

Banned
To be fair, Hitman does look better even without next-gen features than Halo Infinite. And yes Hitman 3 will probably feature raytracing on the new consoles at launch.
Halo and next gen features😂😂😂

Just posted these in another thread. Where is halo compared to this? And yes this is an open world game as well just like halo.
Not here to shit on halo but lets not talk about halo and next gen in the same sentence
9U6PVFN.jpg

7JOjkkm.jpg

qdnH0JS.jpg

Last edited:

Arachnid

Hitman 1 and 2 were some of the best games this gen, and they were packed with content. 3 is going to be Day 1. It would have been Day 1 if it was Hitman 1.5 like the second game was. The leaps are just icing for me.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Halo and next gen features😂😂😂

Just posted these in another thread. Where is halo compared to this? And yes this is an open world game as well just like halo.
Not here to shit on halo but lets not talk about halo and next gen in the same sentence

I think you misread my post. I never said Halo Infinite looks next gen. I am well aware of how Metro Exodus with RTX looks because I bought a 2080 at launch just for it.

NoviDon

Good. GOOOOOD! LET THE I/O FLOW THROUGH YOU! Jokes aside, the game looked really pretty from that slice they showed at the reveal. If they can keep that same level of detail in the whole massive map(s) with no load times that's super impressive

Jtibh

Banned
I think you misread my post. I never said Halo Infinite looks next gen. I am well aware of how Metro Exodus with RTX looks because I bought a 2080 at launch just for it.
You said even without next gen features than halo infinite as in like halo infinite?

Halo infinite has zero next gen features even if you apply rt it will still look way way last gen.

If i misunderstood your post i appologize.

Regardless though not my cup of tea hitman 3 will look almost real though animations will stay last gen from what i can tell.

supernova8

Banned
Your glasses

Nah I watched it again and then watched some Hitman 2 footage and it isn't a big jump at all. Sure it's cross-gen, that's what gets me about all these empty hype articles. Wish they would be honest and say "Yeah won't be much different from Hitman 2, but Hitman 4 is gonna be sweeeeeet".

Jtibh

Banned
Nah I watched it again and then watched some Hitman 2 footage and it isn't a big jump at all. Sure it's cross-gen, that's what gets me about all these empty hype articles. Wish they would be honest and say "Yeah won't be much different from Hitman 2, but Hitman 4 is gonna be sweeeeeet".
Is it actually cross gen? I missed that info

supernova8

Banned
Is it actually cross gen? I missed that info

On the official YouTube video for that trailer, it says:

Agent 47 returns as a ruthless professional for the most important contracts of his entire career in HITMAN 3, the dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy. Available in January 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC

So yeah it's definitely cross-gen.

cormack12

Gold Member
It's listed as PS4? Hitman generally looks great anyway so I wouldn't be concerned about it looking bad

Top Bottom