• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 FREE Trial "Starter" Pack for all platforms March 30th-April 5th

jaysius

Banned
HITMAN 3 Free Starter Pack - IO Interactive

The trial includes one map, the Dubai Map, you get to play the game for free from March 30th-April 5th with the special "Starter Pack" linked below.

Xbox Series|Xbox One
PS4|PS5
Epic Games Store

Also some carryover content.

More Free Content

The release of the HITMAN 3 Free Starter Pack is just the beginning. Over time, we’ll add more free content from the World of Assassination for a limited time. Whether it’s a full location or an Elusive Target, there’ll be new challenges waiting for you. Anything that we make available for free in the Starter Pack will also be free for HITMAN 3 owners for the same duration, which means that Hawke’s Bay is currently available for all HITMAN 3 players.

Already played HITMAN 1 and 2? Great! The HITMAN 3 Free Starter Pack is the perfect place to get started with the final game in the trilogy. Import the locations that you can already access in HITMAN 2 and carryover your progress to start playing with the new features and improvements from HITMAN 3, including updated lighting effects, animations and Agent 47’s new camera item. Head to our Progress Carryover site to start that process right now. You’ll need to have launched the game at least once.

EDIT: Apparently VR is included in the Trial also, as an added bonus for PS4|PS5.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Great for people to try it. Hitman is awesome.

There was also the March patch announced and they didn't fix the weird gamma/HDR issues, I'm so tired of waiting for that :lollipop_sad_relieved: I just want to play the game but I know as soon as I go back to it they will release a patch for it. I keep getting tiny spoilers on the content as the weeks go on so its sapping my excitement for it.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Dubai is an awesome looking map. It's not my favorite one from Hitman 3, but it's got some spectacular views and the project of the top floor is very cool. Definitely captures what cities like Dubai are trying to achieve with the 'biggest, boldest' design.

thatJohann

Confusing which bundle to download on PS5. I think I did it correctly. It won’t connect to online and looks like the level that’s available is one at night by the ocean infiltrating a house. Not Dubai. Unless there’s something I missed. Hate the menu UI on this game.

T-Cake

What happens when you play the old levels in Hitman 3 with regards to the rewards? e.g. do you get a lockpick with a "III" logo on as you did when you played the Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2?

In a nutshell, I'm wondering whether it's worth playing through the entirety of Hitman 2 to get the unlockables now and then import them to Hitman 3 or just play the whole trilogy inside Hitman 3.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
ugh then I don't know how to play the Dubai level, all i see is that one even tho I downloaded the hitman 3 free trial, is it because the game refuses to connect online?
I'm not sure. Maybe try tabbing over in the menu. There also might be a way to download the level in the Shop/DLC menu. Of course if the servers are having issues it may be an entirely different problem.

I might check later to see if the servers are affecting my game version (full game + all previous games) or not.

Malcolm9

What happens when you play the old levels in Hitman 3 with regards to the rewards? e.g. do you get a lockpick with a "III" logo on as you did when you played the Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2?

In a nutshell, I'm wondering whether it's worth playing through the entirety of Hitman 2 to get the unlockables now and then import them to Hitman 3 or just play the whole trilogy inside Hitman 3.
This is the perfect time for me to play these games inside Hitman 3. I've never really made it past the tutorial level of Hitman 1, crazy I know!

Kuranghi

If you have a screen that gives good quality HDR (Tell me what model of monitor/TV if unsure) then import what you've done in Hitman 2 into Hitman 3 and then play the rest of Hitman 2 inside 3, because the HDR for Hitman 1 and 2 levels with H3 is much much better than Hitman 2's HDR.

In Hitman 2 (I'm on PC so maybe its fine on console but I don't think so based on screenshots I've seen) HDR made 47 look actually pink (All my testing was done in Paris and Miami within H2) and all colours were oversaturated as hell, it looked wrong.

Anyway in H3, the H3 levels have strange gamma to begin with (really grey/blue blacks in the shadows) and HDR is kinda borked right now but they are looking into it, but for some reason H1 and H2 within H3 look amazing. The interior of the ice cream shop in Sapienza was mindblowingly better in HDR than SDR for me. Landslide in the same level looked amazing, the sunset and such so thats why I'm waiting for a gamma/HDR "fix" for Hitman 3 before I continue. I did most of Dubai and a bit of Dartmoor but the presentation just put me off continuing and SDR isn't as bad but you don't get the dynamic range increase and everything is very flat in comparison.

If you don't have an HDR screen and are gaming on a monitor with an low contrast screen then don't even worry about any of this because you probably wouldn't have noticed anyway.

Its so confusing lol, I hope my explanation didn't cause you to have a brain aneurysm. All the different "versions" of the game/levels that exist because of how they've released it. Don't let it put you off buying H3 though, I'm sure they'll fix it soon, and if you haven't finished H1 and H2 then that might take a month or two anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom